Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   How Annoyed Should I be? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/how-annoyed-should-i-be-67802.html)

Less 06-12-2015 17:57

How Annoyed Should I be?

I've been musing this point since Friday morning.

A letter was pushed through my door, rather than bore you with the full details of it's contents here's the short version.

Friday was bin day, my bin was out because I am a dutiful member of our society, obviously the bin police in the mean time had inspected the back alley, then, they walked all the way around the terrace to give me a final warning (it included a threat of a £1,000 fine).

According to them, I have yet again placed a bulky item to be removed. Well, not only had they got the address wrong AGAIN, I didn't place the micro-wave oven on the alley nor did my neighbour (it was outside their yard).

When are you people going to stop issuing these notices to the wrong people and realise that when people do this type of crime it's never outside their own house.

I have actually sent several requests to the Councils web site asking about this, however, it seems I'm guilty because the evidence (they claim) was there.

Margaret Pilkington 06-12-2015 18:07

Re: How Annoyed Should I be?

Less, I think you are wasting good drinking time getting annoyed.......the council do not listen...they are not there to listen.

Less 06-12-2015 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1156095)
Less, I think you are wasting good drinking time getting annoyed.......the council do not listen...they are not there to listen.

Pardon? Eh? You what? speak up please!

Margaret Pilkington 06-12-2015 18:54

you mean you haven't got your lucozades in Less?

contact your councillor..tell them that you are being harassed....and threatened when you have done nothnig wrong...maybe the council will listen to an elected representative.....but for heavens sake...don't hold your breath on that one either.

Less 06-12-2015 19:01

Just hang on while I check if it's election year for my councillor...

Accyexplorer 06-12-2015 19:33

Ee by gum,The number of illegal tipping incidents and the council chooses our Less as a perpetrator....whatever next.
Only 2k?, Shame on the councils environment enforcement officers, it should be at least 5k.
Perhaps you could consider legal action against the council for failing in its duty to clear up all the sh1te in the borough plus adding fuel to the fire that is illegal fly tipping.

accyman 06-12-2015 21:12

1 Attachment(s)
This microwave may not have been dumped it may have been lost or wandered off from its natural habitat .I hope the council jumping to the conclusion it has been dumped hasnt led to yet another unsolved missing microwave incident :(

gpick24 06-12-2015 22:00

Have you reported this as fly tipping?
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/apps
While in an ideal world you shouldn't have to, when I've done it in the past it's been cleared up pretty quickly.

cashman 06-12-2015 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1156128)
Have you reported this as fly tipping?
my.hyndburn - Welcome to my.hyndburn
While in an ideal world you shouldn't have to, when I've done it in the past it's been cleared up pretty quickly.

Thats exactly what we did a couple of months ago and a councillor came down and it was sorted.

accyman 07-12-2015 04:37

problem is if you dont know the item is there you cant report it and it seems that the council just assume whoever's property it is outside is guilty no matter what

i suppose he should be thankful he hasnt been stood near any dog turds recently or they would be blaming him for that as well

RainbowSix 07-12-2015 10:56

Have some fun, before every bin day move it to outside someone else's back gate - then everyone gets a letter and eventually the offending person will :)

Less 07-12-2015 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSix (Post 1156143)
Have some fun, before every bin day move it to outside someone else's back gate - then everyone gets a letter and eventually the offending person will :)

I'm not touching it, I might leave fingerprints and then the refuse police would really be after me.
:o

accyman 07-12-2015 14:16

if its an old microwave turn the dial to 60 mins then ring up the police and say theres a ticking object in the back alley

it will be shifted in no time

Dav1d 07-12-2015 22:34

Just goes to show how stupid the council really are! No common sense only care about the community when it benefits them or makes the look good in the paper! Would not trust them as far as I could chuck them! And the microwave too!

jelly baby 10-12-2015 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1156094)
I've been musing this point since Friday morning.

A letter was pushed through my door, rather than bore you with the full details of it's contents here's the short version.

Friday was bin day, my bin was out because I am a dutiful member of our society, obviously the bin police in the mean time had inspected the back alley, then, they walked all the way around the terrace to give me a final warning (it included a threat of a £1,000 fine).

According to them, I have yet again placed a bulky item to be removed. Well, not only had they got the address wrong AGAIN, I didn't place the micro-wave oven on the alley nor did my neighbour (it was outside their yard).

When are you people going to stop issuing these notices to the wrong people and realise that when people do this type of crime it's never outside their own house.

I have actually sent several requests to the Councils web site asking about this, however, it seems I'm guilty because the evidence (they claim) was there.

Why do they think it was your microwave? Or your neighbours