Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   New Bus Station (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/new-bus-station-67980.html)

Margaret Pilkington 04-08-2016 09:30

Re: New Bus Station

I don't for one minute think you will be wrong Accymad.
I am still very active and have no mobility problems, but I know a large number of people who have been inconvenienced by the move of the buses and the fact that there are no intermediate bus stops which are close to the market hall.
Many of these rely on the post office for their pension and to pay their bills.
These people are no longer going into town as a social thing.....they are going in only when they have to.
So, it is inevitable that businesses are feeling the brunt of this ill considered move.

LCC say they will put in bus stops if the bus companies want them.
It is the passengers who not only want them, but need them.

lancsdave 04-08-2016 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1173703)
I hope the petition is successful, from a personal point of view the re-siting of the bus station has had a big impact on some members of my family, but somehow I'm not too hopeful that anyone will listen - hope I'm wrong

Nobody will listen they never have. As long as it doesn't impact on their lives then stuff everybody else.

I have never known a collective group of decision makers so arrogant as this lot.

Margaret Pilkington 04-08-2016 10:02

If they had been trying to kill off the town centre...they could not have made a better job of it.

Less 04-08-2016 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1173712)
If they had been trying to kill off the town centre...they could not have made a better job of it.

If they had been trying to kill off the town centre, it would now be as popular as London's Oxford St!

Barrie Yates 04-08-2016 14:43

Can anyone think of any actual improvements that HBC have made to the town in living memory? I have only been back living here for 6 years so only know of recent "improvements".

Less 04-08-2016 14:49

Only one, Britcliffe isn't in charge, although, I couldn't call the alternative a massive improvement.

cashman 04-08-2016 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1173736)
Can anyone think of any actual improvements that HBC have made to the town in living memory? I have only been back living here for 6 years so only know of recent "improvements".

Please name these recent improvements? i musta missed em.:confused:

Margaret Pilkington 04-08-2016 15:26

I suppose we should say 'define recent'.
pretty soon our market is going to be like the one at Haslingden....two stalls and only open on a Friday.....then they will have to change all those planters to say 'floral village'.

Less 04-08-2016 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1173741)
then they will have to change all those planters to say 'floral village'.

Don't give them ideas! It's not as if they can just go around with a marker pen, they will have to replace everything with new!

Barrie Yates 04-08-2016 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1173738)
Please name these recent improvements? i musta missed em.:confused:

I was thinking of the removal of seating from outside the Market Hall, the Bus Station, the Crematorium Cross, Peel St Toilets - Peel st in general, and others - sorry Cashy, I was attempting to be sarcastic:rolleyes:

Less 05-08-2016 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1173749)
I was thinking of the removal of seating from outside the Market Hall, the Bus Station, the Crematorium Cross, Peel St Toilets - Peel st in general, and others - sorry Cashy, I was attempting to be sarcastic:rolleyes:

Don't forget that really special bit of deep thinking, proposing to take expensive DNA tests of dog turds and then match them to the canine responsible, we could have employed 10 full time dog wardens with the budget that would require had common sense not been brought in from somewhere.

cashman 05-08-2016 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1173798)
Don't forget that really special bit of deep thinking, proposing to take expensive DNA tests of dog turds and then match them to the canine responsible, we could have employed 10 full time dog wardens with the budget that would require had common sense not been brought in from somewhere.

Doubt that was common sense? think the cost frightened em.;)

Less 05-08-2016 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1173799)
Doubt that was common sense? think the cost frightened em.;)

Since when, has wasting large amounts of money frightened them? Or even caused them to hesitate?

I refer you to the title of this thread as proof!
:rolleyes:

accyman 05-08-2016 11:00

so after all the promises of how much better a labour ran council would be than a tory ran council can anyone say they have noticed any difference in how the council acts and runs things ?

all it took for the labour lot that posted regularly to run away and hide was to ask them a few questions about removal of benches from town center and why we were denied a referendum

if you look at accywebb before the questions these labour lot were full of criticism of the tory lot for not coming on here and answering questions and were full of ideas until they got in power

no matter what party is in power it seems teh same people pull the strings

cashman 05-08-2016 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1173800)
Since when, has wasting large amounts of money frightened them? Or even caused them to hesitate?

I refer you to the title of this thread as proof!
:rolleyes:

Fair Point Less.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1173803)

no matter what party is in power it seems teh same people pull the strings

yeh mean knobheads? that think they are superior to us oiks?