Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   New Bus Station (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/new-bus-station-67980.html)

Margaret Pilkington 09-02-2016 11:02

Re: New Bus Station

They reverse off the stand in Preston and Burnley.
Passengers are not supposed to be on the apron in either of those places.....and most buses are fitted with a beeper to alert anyone who is on the apron that a vehicle is reversing.
I cannot see them employing someone as a marshall, maybe signage will be in place to warn passengers of dangers.

accyman 09-02-2016 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1160647)
What was the problem with LPG?

despite promoting it a couple of years back in a taxi HBC have banned LPG from been used in taxis

what they neglected to do was inform anyone including the garage that does MOT's for taxis on HBC behalf

it was christmas and the taxi driver got his MOT after buying a car fitted with it and went to get his badge from HBC

HBC refused him his badge because he had LPG making it impossible for him to work

they like to make rules up without notifying or publishing them and refuse to budge when presented with facts...

Neil 09-02-2016 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1160658)
LPG is supposed to be a clean fuel. I once had an astra duel fuel. It failed it's MOT on gas but passed on petrol.

Was there an issue with the LPG conversion?

maxthecollie 09-02-2016 14:09

It was bought from new with dual fuel

shillelagh 09-02-2016 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1160595)
If the Rosso buses refuse to use the bus station I hope they have their routes taken off them

taking the routes from rosso ... that's owned by Rossendale borough council? :p

AccyMad 11-02-2016 05:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1160692)
taking the routes from rosso ... that's owned by Rossendale borough council? :p

Not to mention that they run one of the most reliable & value for money services, they would be a big loss imho

Neil 11-02-2016 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1160683)
It was bought from new with dual fuel

I know the early dual fuel Vauxhalls were not done in the Vauxhall factory. They were sent out to another company to convert them. Not sure if that was always the case though.

Barrie Yates 12-02-2016 00:17

Does LPG have anything to do with the new Bus Station?

Neil 12-02-2016 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1160864)

I don't know does it?

accyman 12-02-2016 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1160864)

if you read the topic its very clear how LPG was brought in to this

i insinuated that the council may strong arm small bus companies into using the new bus station as they strong arm taxi drivers in the area

it was then asked by neil as to why LPG wasnt allowed to be use din taxis.This may not be to your liking but it isnt against any forum rules and with neil been a moderator he would know

it was then mentioned by another person that his LPG system failed its MOT

a few posts later you asked your question as to what LPG had to do with the bus station

i tried my best to politely explain how LPG came about been in this thread

i hope any further posts dont need explanation

Barrie Yates 12-02-2016 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1160906)
if you read the topic its very clear how LPG was brought in to this

i insinuated that the council may strong arm small bus companies into using the new bus station as they strong arm taxi drivers in the area

it was then asked by neil as to why LPG wasnt allowed to be use din taxis.This may not be to your liking but it isnt against any forum rules and with neil been a moderator he would know

it was then mentioned by another person that his LPG system failed its MOT

a few posts later you asked your question as to what LPG had to do with the bus station

i tried my best to politely explain how LPG came about been in this thread

i hope any further posts dont need explanation

It was not possible to follow your line of reasoning in the original post as there was no mention of a connection between the LPG problem and the charges for using the Bus Station - now I understand.

Neil 12-02-2016 17:14

It's a shame those horrible diesel fume belching red busses don't use LPG. LPG is a much cleaner fuel than diesel which has recently been blamed for our poor air quality and threats from the EU to fine the UK.

Barrie Yates 12-02-2016 23:40

Not just the buses that belch out the diesel particulates, there are a large number of cars that run on diesel nowadays - partially thanks to the confidence trick introduced by Brown. One cannot help but wonder if the MOT test on buses and heavy vehicles are checked to the same emission standards as diesel powered cars?

Neil 13-02-2016 01:19

I'm no fan of Gordon Brown but he changed road tax to be based on CO2 because that was what we were supposed to reduce to keep the EU happy. Now they have changed their minds and complain about air quality and particulates in the air.

If we could make enough clean electricity then electric cars would be the way to go. We are not yet there with battery technology either. There are some electric battery powered busses which would be nice to see in Hyndburn but can't see it for many years yet

Less 13-02-2016 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1160982)

If we could make enough clean electricity then electric cars would be the way to go. We are not yet there with battery technology either. There are some electric battery powered busses which would be nice to see in Hyndburn but can't see it for many years yet

If we did get an electric bus there is a free park and charge spot outside the Town Hall it could use that without having to go into the new bus station saving the environment no cost to the operator for recharging batteries or for the bus station and therefore able to offer cheaper fares.

I bet our Council would soon find a way of stopping that if it was ever to happen.