Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   New Bus Station (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/new-bus-station-67980.html)

lancsdave 27-07-2016 14:06

Re: New Bus Station

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1173164)
easy for you to say, neil yeh weren't born here.
:rolleyes:

I suspect it was typed with a little bit of sarcasm :)

cashman 27-07-2016 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1173173)

so did i, thats why i was sarcastic back.;)

Margaret Pilkington 27-07-2016 15:09

I suppose the people who have businesses in the Abbey St,Little Blackburn Rd side of town will appreciate the sarcasm...and maybe when trade in the market hall goes down the pan, they will appreciate it too.

AccyMad 27-07-2016 16:21

All that money spent on the bus station & they can't even keep it open after 10 pm even though some buses are still running??
But that's ok as according to some LCC councillor in the Telegraph everyone he's spoken too are impressed with the shiny new build & some have even said it improves the town!!
Not sure who he's talked to as I certainly haven't heard anyone say any such thing about it :confused::rolleyes:

cashman 27-07-2016 16:24

L.C.C. are a joke, n that proves it.:rolleyes:

Less 27-07-2016 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1173177)
I suppose the people who have businesses in the Abbey St,Little Blackburn Rd side of town will appreciate the sarcasm...and maybe when trade in the market hall goes down the pan, they will appreciate it too.

It's their own fault, they should have built into their business plan, what if Hyndburn council and the LCC just run around like headless chickens rather than get their act together!
[emoji15]

Margaret Pilkington 27-07-2016 16:44

What point is a business plan when the powers that be, take the centre out of the town?

What point is a business plan when the life blood is squeezed out of a portion of the town?

LCC and Hyndburn Council they should be stood up against a wall and shot with the bullshine that they try to feed us.

Anyway I am going to ask Neil if I can borrow his 'rosy tinted specs' - he's only borrowed them from Ken Moss anyway...see if they make me see good ol' Accrington in a better light.

Less 27-07-2016 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1173187)
What point is a business plan when the powers that be, take the centre out of the town?

What point is a business plan when the life blood is squeezed out of a portion of the town?

LCC and Hyndburn Council they should be stood up against a wall and shot with the bullshine that they try to feed us.

Anyway I am going to ask Neil if I can borrow his 'rosy tinted specs' - he's only borrowed them from Ken Moss anyway...see if they make me see good ol' Accrington in a better light.

What is the point of putting a smiley on to emphasise one's sarcasm when the only sober member of the site throws a wobbly and asks...

...ALL OF THE ABOVE?

You're absolutely right we know you're right, but as much as others hate us doing it (and moan at us for moaning about it), all we can do is moan about it because,

No one listens, they/we all know best, let the small shopkeeper go under but look, look, we have the modern equivalent of the emperor's clothes.

Isn't it ooh, isn't it ahh, isn't it absolutely wow?

We've never seen a bus station so absolutely fine.

Even if it is in the wrong place at the wrong time, we should gather together and cheer the naked audacity of it.
[emoji41] (WARNING this smiley may or may not contain sarcasm)

Margaret Pilkington 27-07-2016 19:06

Less...I have always thought smileys were a bit overrated.
I didn't think it was a wobbly either...I just thought it was a relevant comment.

How do you plan for the stupidity of thoughtless, ill considered council actions...for a council who seem to care nothing at all for the state of the town...who appear to be sitting twiddling their thumbs while the town goes down the gurgler.
This is a hypothetical question...as no-one really seems to have the answer other than to build a very expensive white elephant and call it a bus station.
Yes....I know you mentioned it too.

This bus station is the equivalent of an elastoplast for a severed Carotid Artery.....bloody useless!
PS...that smiley had not a bit of sarcasm in it...it was a chocolate M&M

Busman747 27-07-2016 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1173163)
Try being a little more positive, the lovely walk from the post office to our grand new bus station passes by many shops you may wish to use and help the shop keepers of Accrington.

Why are so many people negative so often? Lets try and have a warm, rosy and positive outlook on things.

Know what you are saying Neil but - - most of my customers are 80+ and have to walk the other way ie: Bus station to the Post office. True, they pass some nice shops - but it is uphill to the P.O.

I have managed to divert my bus to go along Abbey St. instead of using Eastgate after leaving the bus station for some of my customers and other companies are doing similar routes. More and more customers are realising that they CAN get to the Post office by bus providing they are willing to wait a few minutes :alright:

I am sure that they enjoy the downhill stroll through those shops as they go back to the bus station :D

lancsdave 27-07-2016 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1173177)

As one of those affected the most I found Neil's sarcasm a light hearted relief from some of the stuff that's gone on in the past few weeks :)

A bit of sarcasm is the only thing we have left, we have no hope left

lancsdave 27-07-2016 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1173183)
All that money spent on the bus station & they can't even keep it open after 10 pm even though some buses are still running??
But that's ok as according to some LCC councillor in the Telegraph everyone he's spoken too are impressed with the shiny new build & some have even said it improves the town!!
Not sure who he's talked to as I certainly haven't heard anyone say any such thing about it :confused::rolleyes:

I saw that and saw the comments :)

The worrying thing is that these people actually believe their own spin.:eek:

Neil 27-07-2016 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1173173)

Thats the trouble with me being a sarcastic sod, no one thinks I'm being genuine when I am

Margaret Pilkington 27-07-2016 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1173200)

I find that a really sad comment.(and I mean that in the context of 'unhappy' sad)

Busman747 27-07-2016 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1173200)
As one of those affected the most I found Neil's sarcasm a light hearted relief from some of the stuff that's gone on in the past few weeks :)

All the bus companies recognise the importance of the shops around Peel St. lancsdave even if the council don't and so bus traffic around Abbey St. is as busy as ever using Broadway and the stop above Infant St. to drop off customers. We can but try :o