Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   New Bus Station (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/new-bus-station-67980.html)

Margaret Pilkington 27-07-2016 20:20

Re: New Bus Station

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busman747 (Post 1173199)
Know what you are saying Neil but - - most of my customers are 80+ and have to walk the other way ie: Bus station to the Post office. True, they pass some nice shops - but it is uphill to the P.O.

I have managed to divert my bus to go along Abbey St. instead of using Eastgate after leaving the bus station for some of my customers and other companies are doing similar routes. More and more customers are realising that they CAN get to the Post office by bus providing they are willing to wait a few minutes :alright:

I am sure that they enjoy the downhill stroll through those shops as they go back to the bus station :D

I am really pleased to hear that. I know of a few of the older folks who are struggling to get to the post office. I will be telling them that they can get the bus there now I know.

shillelagh 27-07-2016 22:54

at least one thing .. you can take your dog in there .. was in there with the tedster today waiting for the bus back up home .. and no one said to me that dogs weren't allowed .. ok the tedster for a change was in good behaviour mode ...and didn't cock his leg up :D

Less 28-07-2016 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1173197)
PS...that smiley had not a bit of sarcasm in it...it was a chocolate M&M

Oops sorry wrong smiley then, it should have been the one that is similar to our Council chambers, you know the ones that contains nuts.

Less 28-07-2016 09:01

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1172601)
Take a close look at the lettering on that pic, obviously cheap letters have been used and they are tarnished already, obviously there will be the odd glitch but bad drainage dripping the shine already?

Mick had removed that pic cos it was too big, here's a smaller version.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...6&d=1469696323

maxthecollie 28-07-2016 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busman747 (Post 1173205)
All the bus companies recognise the importance of the shops around Peel St. lancsdave even if the council don't and so bus traffic around Abbey St. is as busy as ever using Broadway and the stop above Infant St. to drop off customers. We can but try :o

The bus companies have more sense than the whole lot of L.C.C. put together.

AccyMad 28-07-2016 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busman747 (Post 1173205)
All the bus companies recognise the importance of the shops around Peel St. lancsdave even if the council don't and so bus traffic around Abbey St. is as busy as ever using Broadway and the stop above Infant St. to drop off customers. We can but try :o

That's good to hear - just hope that none of them need to spend a penny on their way down Peel Street :(

Exile on Spencer St 28-07-2016 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1173220)
Mick had removed that pic cos it was too big, here's a smaller version.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...6&d=1469696323

Looks like the stained letters are in a vertical line below the tannoy/camera (or whatever it is). Wonder if it's brick dust from having to drill into the wall, if the tannoy/camera was put up after the lettering?

Less 28-07-2016 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busman747 (Post 1173199)
Know what you are saying Neil but - - most of my customers are 80+ and have to walk the other way ie: Bus station to the Post office. True, they pass some nice shops - but it is uphill to the P.O.

I have managed to divert my bus to go along Abbey St. instead of using Eastgate after leaving the bus station for some of my customers and other companies are doing similar routes. More and more customers are realising that they CAN get to the Post office by bus providing they are willing to wait a few minutes :alright:

I am sure that they enjoy the downhill stroll through those shops as they go back to the bus station :D

What's the betting that your bus route is planned by LCC?

No doubt even as we speak, they are preparing to put some form of inspector out there to ensure you follow the correct route?

Even though all you are doing is making up for their lack of forethought!

Margaret Pilkington 28-07-2016 14:46

It is just so obvious that those who planned the bus station and the bus routes are not users of the service.

Service users are disregarded. Their needs seem to be of absolutely no interest to those who decide where and when the buses run.
That many of those who use public service buses(and that is a real contradiction of terms) are elderly and less mobile does not seem to have been considered at all.

cashman 28-07-2016 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1173244)
It is just so obvious that those who planned the bus station and the bus routes are not users of the service.

Service users are disregarded. Their needs seem to be of absolutely no interest to those who decide where and when the buses run.
That many of those who use public service buses(and that is a real contradiction of terms) are elderly and less mobile does not seem to have been considered at all.

Perhaps cos our council are completely useless?:rolleyes:

Less 28-07-2016 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1173244)

This monument to civil service planning and using a grant (because we have to use it or lose it) even though with real planning no doubt less than half as much could have been used just to improve what we had.
Will have moved somebodies career a step forward, the Architect will get an award at some obscure architects award ceremony, the LCC councillor will get an award at some obscure councillor award ceremony, all those that used their lick spittle to ensure no real people's points of view should be considered will be gaining an inflation proof pension.
Who could possibly lose...

...Joe public? Well yes, but what does that matter? He/She only has to put up with services that are no longer services.

Less 28-07-2016 15:19

Maybe we should pity the poor bus drivers?
They have to put up with the new station and no doubt, 8 hours of folk complaining about what has happened!
Are they being offered incentives to praise the latest horror put their way?
I doubt it, after all if I planned it and I'm getting enough to drive my car I don't need to use this obvious barnacle on the comfort zone of mankind.

Less 28-07-2016 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1173245)
Perhaps cos our council are completely useless?:rolleyes:

Sorry cash, I can't imagine our council being completely useless.

That would make them perfect at something, only thing I've seen them coming close to that with is telling us we're wrong.

Barrie Yates 28-07-2016 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1173227)
Looks like the stained letters are in a vertical line below the tannoy/camera (or whatever it is). Wonder if it's brick dust from having to drill into the wall, if the tannoy/camera was put up after the lettering?

If it was from the camera installation then it was obviously not in the installers job description to clear up his mess - but surely someone was responsible for signing off that particular task?

Less 28-07-2016 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1173251)
If it was from the camera installation then it was obviously not in the installers job description to clear up his mess - but surely someone was responsible for signing off that particular task?

Don't ponder the point too much, no doubt we'll have years of conversation as the real cracks appear through this particular wallpaper.

Maybe, who knows, a few accusations about underhand dealing or other normal council wherewithal!

Obviously this is only speculation on my behalf I don't have nor have I ever had proof of underhand goings on, no need to send in the heavy mob to silence me in the middle of the night.
:D