Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Filming incidents (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/filming-incidents-68026.html)

dotti34 27-02-2016 07:17

Filming incidents

I don’t know what other people think but it never fails to amaze and disgust me when watching the news on TV to see the number of incidents that are actually caught on camera by bystanders. Fires, accidents, fights, bullying, tragic situations and so on, situations where there is a victim needing help yet the first and sometimes only thing irresponsible onlookers do is to film the incident.

If the situation is under control and help is already being administered then maybe a video can be used in evidence at a later date if that is necessary, but it’s beyond my comprehension that when there’s a person or persons in urgent need of assistance the only thing that some bystanders do is to record it happening.

cashman 27-02-2016 07:30

Re: Filming incidents

it bugs me also dolly, only thing i can think of is its safer than doing owt,? society has changed, in many cases not for the better. imho

Margaret Pilkington 27-02-2016 07:34

As Cashy is always telling me...you can't put sense where there is none.

If these people were to connect with the incident that is in front of them....?To see the person they are filming and ask themselves how they would feel if it was one of their own family..?maybe then they would change.

accyman 27-02-2016 11:41

its not a new thing its just become more noticeable now everyone has a camera on their phone

before mobiles were around an accident happened at an event i was at where someone became trapped upside down in a car and rather than help me lift up the thing trapping the person a man rushed up with his video camera and proceeded to record me trying to free the trapped person.

theres always been arseholes , mobile phones have made them easier to spot

Margaret Pilkington 27-02-2016 15:45

my moble phone does not have a camera on it.

Studio25 27-02-2016 21:02

To add a bit of balance to the argument, I was once filming an event where an incident occurred that warranted the service of the Lancashire Air Ambulance. I told my colleague, who was an avid helicopter enthusiast, to put his video camera down out of respect for the people involved.

Years later, I was at a fundraiser for the same organisation. A pilot that my wife was telling the story to was sorely disappointed that we didn't film their arrival and work. They never get good professional live coverage of what they do. It's all either staged for promos, or live but the news cameras turn up either after they've gone or after they've done the bulk of their work.

Margaret Pilkington 28-02-2016 09:19

I don't think that argument stacks up.
If the Lancashire Air Ambulance want actual footage of incidents to which they are called then they can film it themselves,pixelate the patients details(they can also edit out the gorier details too if that is necessary) and get the promotional material they need.
After all if the police can wear helmet cams(obviously for other reasons) then there is no reason at all why the staff of the airambulance cannot do the same.

Studio25 28-02-2016 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1162495)
I don't think that argument stacks up.
If the Lancashire Air Ambulance want actual footage of incidents to which they are called then they can film it themselves...

Agreed - because it's so easy to predict where in the county the incidents are going to happen and get a film crew there in advance to film their arrival.

Margaret Pilkington 28-02-2016 13:48

[QUOTE=Studio25;1162514]Agreed - because it's so easy to predict where in the county the incidents are going to happen and get a film crew there in advance to film their arrival.[/QUOTE

You must not have read the complete post Studio...either that or you have misunderstood what I was saying(or maybe I didn't make it clear enough).

What I actually suggested was for the people who are doing the job to have head or body cams(the police wear them for their own safety and for evidence purposes) .......filming the incident automatically.......then of course, they can edit out any sensitive stuff, like victims identity, or the very gory stuff.
OK so the arrival would not be filmed unless the helicopter was also fitted out with a camcorder.

Isn't this better than having any old Tom Dick or Harriet filming and posting to places like youtube, facebook etc...places where the unedited stuff might cause upset to the family of those who were involved?

accyman 28-02-2016 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1162429)
my moble phone does not have a camera on it.

taking a selfie must be hard work :D

http://exetergardens.net/wp-content/...otographer.jpg

Margaret Pilkington 28-02-2016 14:11

I don't do selfies....I just don't get the concept of wanting to take pouting pictures of yourself.
When the camera comes out to play I am either behind it taking the picture....or gone. I hate having my picture taken.

accyman 28-02-2016 14:17

as a single dad most of my pictures taken with my eldest were selfies and i didnt know how they turned out until i got them developed

us single dads had this selfie business nailed long before facebook and mobile phones lol

Studio25 28-02-2016 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1162522)
as a single dad most of my pictures taken with my eldest were selfies and i didnt know how they turned out until i got them developed

us single dads had this selfie business nailed long before facebook and mobile phones lol

Is this you? :D

http://atchuup_com_bht.s3.amazonaws....5/rrhstry5.jpg

accyman 29-02-2016 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 1162562)

yes im the one in black wearing a hat

what can i say burtons never did have much choice in the mens range