Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Blackburn road - in front of town hall. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/blackburn-road-in-front-of-town-hall-68478.html)

RainbowSix 31-08-2016 12:10

Blackburn road - in front of town hall.

The road in front of the town hall is a no entry from the market end and a no entry to vehicles unless loading by lorry from the viaduct end.

Today someone nearly ran me over :mad: while trying to drive down it as I was passing, being near the entrance we had a little "discussion" about him not coming down, some pointing at the sign and how I was not moving until he reversed 6' and went the correct way along the road.

Seeing as I had 5 minutes to spare I was happy to wait.

:stop: :stop:

There is never a PC (or plastic PC) or traffic warden when you actually need one :)

Neil 31-08-2016 14:40

Re: Blackburn road - in front of town hall.

Good man, the Police need to start policing the roads around here

accyman 31-08-2016 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1176016)

havnt bothered the past decade so why start now

Barrie Yates 31-08-2016 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1176016)

It is a frequent occurence - why not install a camera and fine all who ignore the No Entry signs? The installation would soon pay for itself.

KiTChener 01-09-2016 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1176044)
It is a frequent occurence - why not install a camera and fine all who ignore the No Entry signs? The installation would soon pay for itself.

I'm not normally in favour of cameras installed specifically to result in fining that 'cash cow' the motorist, but I'd be definitely in agreement with you on this one, Barrie.

Neil 01-09-2016 09:32

I think cameras would be a good idea for catching and fining people driving through no entry signs etc. They need to install more Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras as well. Here is a link about them https://www.police.uk/information-an...e-recognition/

cashman 01-09-2016 09:35

Well if the police are owt like the council, they will tell the public to put cameras up, like they did with us.:rolleyes:

RainbowSix 01-09-2016 12:13

I know its 2 faced of me, sine my comments on another thread - as none of the drivers will read or take notice of this :)

However it really gets on my tist when I'm walking down to the shops in my short lunch break and some sod nearly runs me over when they should not be there.

Taxi's are the worst - they seem to think that its OK for them to ignore the rules.

I can forsee a few more standoffs as we meet, I need some Mexicans to build a wall :)

KiTChener 01-09-2016 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1176074)
Well if the police are owt like the council, they will tell the public to put cameras up, like they did with us.:rolleyes:

I'll share you at the cost, Cashy,
As long as we can have the resulting revenue!!

lancsdave 01-09-2016 14:54

I wouldn't expect any of the authorities to do anything. They make the rules but don't think about how they are going to enforce them, or even care about it.

Less 01-09-2016 15:19

Always been a problem since it was pedestrianised, helped kill off trade, split the town in half, caused rediculous one way system, should never have happened.
But what do I know, I'm part of the 95%.

Morecambe Ex Pat 03-09-2016 07:12

I too am part of the 95% so I have accept that the building of Eastgate was a smart move. The old Abbey Street route had 2 sets of traffic lights and average traffic speeds were very slow. Traffic flow speeds were greatly increased by introducing 2 extra sets of traffic lights and a slight increase to the length of the route.

I think what they should do, to increase the number of cars still further, is to hide the bus station away, behind some buildings away from the town centre - oh wait, it appears they have already thought of that one.

accyman 05-09-2016 02:43

if you dont wan a specific law enforcing just dump resposabilty of enforcing it on tothe council like they did with parking laws

even if the council was to actually enforce the laws fairly and equally they would only be enforced between office hours 9 to 5

lets hope murder and terrorism arnt handed off to councils

RainbowSix 06-09-2016 11:57

And another whizzes past, then another and another...

Just been chatting to a chap sat in front of the town hall, 6 have passed him in the past 20 min.

One tried it while I was crossing again, and again he had to reverse.

This is getting fun :)

Margaret Pilkington 06-09-2016 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSix (Post 1176409)

This is getting fun :)

You have a distorted sense of what is defined as 'fun'