Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/bulgaria-bans-full-face-islamic-veil-68542.html)

accybeme 30-09-2016 14:54

Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
Bugaria bans full-face islamic veil
France & Belgium already have bans in place.
can you see the UK implementing a ban here

cashman 30-09-2016 15:14

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
Not a hope in hell.

Margaret Pilkington 30-09-2016 15:37

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
But it would be nice if they did.
I prefer to see who I am talking to.....and with the full face veil you cannot do that.
I worry about those women who drive whilst wearing a full face covering......after all it is not thin material, it is like blackout cloth.

Accyexplorer 30-09-2016 15:38

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
I see Bulgaria's (and other countries) insistence on being permitted to see a muslim women's face as being rather rude and intrusive :hidewall:

Margaret Pilkington 30-09-2016 16:17

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
I don't. It is not a requirement of the islamic faith to cover the face...only to dress modestly.
The covering of the face is a cultural thing and in these days when anyone could be under that garb and have malicious intent it should be a requirement that the face can be seen and recognised.
Personally I find it intimidating.
Humans read a lot about what someone is thinking by being able to see someones face.
If you go to some muslim countries, in say, North Africa you will not see muslim women dressed in the way that they dress here.
Maybe it is a bit of 'humble bragging'(signifying a devout muslim...except it isn't a requirement of the faith).

Retlaw 30-09-2016 16:56

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1177851)
I don't. It is not a requirement of the islamic faith to cover the face...only to dress modestly.
The covering of the face is a cultural thing and in these days when anyone could be under that garb and have malicious intent it should be a requirement that the face can be seen and recognised.
Personally I find it intimidating.
Humans read a lot about what someone is thinking by being able to see someones face.
If you go to some muslim countries, in say, North Africa you will not see muslim women dressed in the way that they dress here.
Maybe it is a bit of 'humble bragging'(signifying a devout muslim...except it isn't a requirement of the faith).

The trouble is wi them burkas, it could be a terrorist with an Uzi sub machine gun hiding behind it, the sooner it and the wearers are banned the better

Margaret Pilkington 30-09-2016 17:33

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
Yes, not being able to determine who is inside such garb leaves us at risk and it does absolutely nothing for community cohesion.
There is going to be a level of suspicion while ever atrocities are being perpetrated in the name of Islam( and before anyone tells me that not all Muslims subscribe to the violence.... I know this, but until those muslims who are happy to be British stand up to be counted, then suspicion will remain).

Accyexplorer 30-09-2016 17:57

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
1 Attachment(s)
I just don't think anybody has the right to dictate somebody else's dress code,what's next no flat caps,cardigans or slippers....it's about personal freedoms,isn't it?
I see the security issue with wearing face coverings so have no problem with not being able to wear face coverings in certain environments (banks etc) but what somebody wants to wear in public or their own home is down to them isn't it as long as they aren't harming anyone why shouldn't they be allowed to wear face coverings?

Attachment 54434

Margaret Pilkington 30-09-2016 18:26

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
They do not wear the face veil in their own homes.
and if you consider that (for security reasons) the veils should not be acceptable in a bank, then why are they acceptable in general.
Do you consider that a street is not a place where malicious intent can be perpetrated by someone who then cannot be identified and brought justice for their actions.
If these women want to wear a full veil or a burkha then perhaps they are living in the wrong country and the wrong century.
As I said before I find this garb intimidating......anyone who is consciously trying to hide their face(whether that be by veil, burkha or hoodie) can be considered as suspicious and up to no good.
That is just my not very politically correct opinion of things. It may not resonate with your view of things, but there you go. I am being honest, rather than paying politically correct lip service.

Margaret Pilkington 30-09-2016 18:32

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
And as I said in a previous post you can go to countries where the predominant religion is Islam and see fewer women wearing this kind of clothing.....so what is the difference?
It is NOT a requirement of the Islamic religion, it is cultural.
These women are living in a western culture. They are not required to wear mini skirts or revealing clothes,they can keep their head and their hair covered,but they should be required to have their face visible.

cashman 30-09-2016 18:38

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1177863)
I just don't think anybody has the right to dictate somebody else's dress code,what's next no flat caps,cardigans or slippers....it's about personal freedoms,isn't it?
I see the security issue with wearing face coverings so have no problem with not being able to wear face coverings in certain environments (banks etc) but what somebody wants to wear in public or their own home is down to them isn't it as long as they aren't harming anyone why shouldn't they be allowed to wear face coverings?

Attachment 54434

Another glaring example of yer stupidity.:rolleyes: in public is unacceptable to anyone with an I.Q. of above 10:rolleyes:

Less 30-09-2016 19:23

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1177863)
I just don't think anybody has the right to dictate somebody else's dress code,what's next no flat caps,cardigans or slippers....it's about personal freedoms,isn't it?
I see the security issue with wearing face coverings so have no problem with not being able to wear face coverings in certain environments (banks etc) but what somebody wants to wear in public or their own home is down to them isn't it as long as they aren't harming anyone why shouldn't they be allowed to wear face coverings?

Attachment 54434

Well done, back to yourself, anything that is going to cause commotion and accyexplorer will be there, well it may surprise you I totally agree with you, ALL of these Asian women should be forced to wear the Burka, why should we have to look at their ugly mugs?

I could recommend it for for several white women as well, lets not be prejudiced.

Why stop at women? I for example may enjoy more freedom (as they claim) if allowed to hide my ugly mug from the general population.

Come on Accyexplorer, hiding your face isn't honest or true and though they pretend it's freedom of choice the women wearing this mask probably have no choice, hell, even though it's illegal most of them were probably forced into an arranged marriage.

Should that be something you also condone?

cashman 30-09-2016 19:28

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
Many years ago i had to jump for me life on Tesco Car Park in Blackburn by some female wearing one of these, how the hell can they establish who was driving? thats as public as anything.

Accyexplorer 30-09-2016 19:54

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1177874)
Well done, back to yourself, anything that is going to cause commotion and accyexplorer will be there, well it may surprise you I totally agree with you, ALL of these Asian women should be forced to wear the Burka, why should we have to look at their ugly mugs?

I could recommend it for for several white women as well, lets not be prejudiced.

Why stop at women? I for example may enjoy more freedom (as they claim) if allowed to hide my ugly mug from the general population.

Come on Accyexplorer, hiding your face isn't honest or true and though they pretend it's freedom of choice the women wearing this mask probably have no choice, hell, even though it's illegal most of them were probably forced into an arranged marriage.

Should that be something you also condone?

I was actually going to retire from this thread, since I seem to be the only one who finds it slightly oppressive,but your goading seems to have worked its magic...So, one last comment before I retire to the MDing thread.

Yes,I feel it's wrong to deny folk basic freedoms...you may also be right to consider covering up your "ugly mug" from the public ;)

M's argument holds water when it comes to things that are purely symbolic,but when it comes to stripping the clothes of a woman it drys up dramatically....its a rather Victorian point of view in my opinion.

Less 30-09-2016 19:58

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1177876)
I was actually going to retire from this thread, since I seem to be the only one who finds it slightly oppressive,but your goading seems to have worked its magic...So, one last comment before I retire to the MDing thread.

Yes,I feel it's wrong to deny folk basic freedoms...you may also be right to consider covering up your "ugly mug" from the public ;)

M's argument holds water when it comes to things that are purely symbolic,but when it comes to stripping the clothes of a woman it drys up dramatically....its a rather Victorian point of view in my opinion.

Pathetic, but that's you isn't it?

So by your omission do we take it you approve of an oppressive society that forces women of any race to be ruled and controlled by the menfolk?

Go back to your detecting thread it's the only thing you do without proving yourself useless.


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:11.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.08421 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1