Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/bulgaria-bans-full-face-islamic-veil-68542.html)

accybeme 30-09-2016 14:54

Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil

Bugaria bans full-face islamic veil
France & Belgium already have bans in place.
can you see the UK implementing a ban here

cashman 30-09-2016 15:14

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil

Not a hope in hell.

Margaret Pilkington 30-09-2016 15:37

But it would be nice if they did.
I prefer to see who I am talking to.....and with the full face veil you cannot do that.
I worry about those women who drive whilst wearing a full face covering......after all it is not thin material, it is like blackout cloth.

Accyexplorer 30-09-2016 15:38

I see Bulgaria's (and other countries) insistence on being permitted to see a muslim women's face as being rather rude and intrusive :hidewall:

Margaret Pilkington 30-09-2016 16:17

I don't. It is not a requirement of the islamic faith to cover the face...only to dress modestly.
The covering of the face is a cultural thing and in these days when anyone could be under that garb and have malicious intent it should be a requirement that the face can be seen and recognised.
Personally I find it intimidating.
Humans read a lot about what someone is thinking by being able to see someones face.
If you go to some muslim countries, in say, North Africa you will not see muslim women dressed in the way that they dress here.
Maybe it is a bit of 'humble bragging'(signifying a devout muslim...except it isn't a requirement of the faith).

Retlaw 30-09-2016 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1177851)
I don't. It is not a requirement of the islamic faith to cover the face...only to dress modestly.
The covering of the face is a cultural thing and in these days when anyone could be under that garb and have malicious intent it should be a requirement that the face can be seen and recognised.
Personally I find it intimidating.
Humans read a lot about what someone is thinking by being able to see someones face.
If you go to some muslim countries, in say, North Africa you will not see muslim women dressed in the way that they dress here.
Maybe it is a bit of 'humble bragging'(signifying a devout muslim...except it isn't a requirement of the faith).

The trouble is wi them burkas, it could be a terrorist with an Uzi sub machine gun hiding behind it, the sooner it and the wearers are banned the better

Margaret Pilkington 30-09-2016 17:33

Yes, not being able to determine who is inside such garb leaves us at risk and it does absolutely nothing for community cohesion.
There is going to be a level of suspicion while ever atrocities are being perpetrated in the name of Islam( and before anyone tells me that not all Muslims subscribe to the violence.... I know this, but until those muslims who are happy to be British stand up to be counted, then suspicion will remain).

Accyexplorer 30-09-2016 17:57

1 Attachment(s)
I just don't think anybody has the right to dictate somebody else's dress code,what's next no flat caps,cardigans or slippers....it's about personal freedoms,isn't it?
I see the security issue with wearing face coverings so have no problem with not being able to wear face coverings in certain environments (banks etc) but what somebody wants to wear in public or their own home is down to them isn't it as long as they aren't harming anyone why shouldn't they be allowed to wear face coverings?

Attachment 54434

Margaret Pilkington 30-09-2016 18:26

They do not wear the face veil in their own homes.
and if you consider that (for security reasons) the veils should not be acceptable in a bank, then why are they acceptable in general.
Do you consider that a street is not a place where malicious intent can be perpetrated by someone who then cannot be identified and brought justice for their actions.
If these women want to wear a full veil or a burkha then perhaps they are living in the wrong country and the wrong century.
As I said before I find this garb intimidating......anyone who is consciously trying to hide their face(whether that be by veil, burkha or hoodie) can be considered as suspicious and up to no good.
That is just my not very politically correct opinion of things. It may not resonate with your view of things, but there you go. I am being honest, rather than paying politically correct lip service.

Margaret Pilkington 30-09-2016 18:32

And as I said in a previous post you can go to countries where the predominant religion is Islam and see fewer women wearing this kind of clothing.....so what is the difference?
It is NOT a requirement of the Islamic religion, it is cultural.
These women are living in a western culture. They are not required to wear mini skirts or revealing clothes,they can keep their head and their hair covered,but they should be required to have their face visible.

cashman 30-09-2016 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1177863)
I just don't think anybody has the right to dictate somebody else's dress code,what's next no flat caps,cardigans or slippers....it's about personal freedoms,isn't it?
I see the security issue with wearing face coverings so have no problem with not being able to wear face coverings in certain environments (banks etc) but what somebody wants to wear in public or their own home is down to them isn't it as long as they aren't harming anyone why shouldn't they be allowed to wear face coverings?

Attachment 54434

Another glaring example of yer stupidity.:rolleyes: in public is unacceptable to anyone with an I.Q. of above 10:rolleyes:

Less 30-09-2016 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1177863)

Attachment 54434

Well done, back to yourself, anything that is going to cause commotion and accyexplorer will be there, well it may surprise you I totally agree with you, ALL of these Asian women should be forced to wear the Burka, why should we have to look at their ugly mugs?

I could recommend it for for several white women as well, lets not be prejudiced.

Why stop at women? I for example may enjoy more freedom (as they claim) if allowed to hide my ugly mug from the general population.

Come on Accyexplorer, hiding your face isn't honest or true and though they pretend it's freedom of choice the women wearing this mask probably have no choice, hell, even though it's illegal most of them were probably forced into an arranged marriage.

Should that be something you also condone?

cashman 30-09-2016 19:28

Many years ago i had to jump for me life on Tesco Car Park in Blackburn by some female wearing one of these, how the hell can they establish who was driving? thats as public as anything.

Accyexplorer 30-09-2016 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1177874)
Well done, back to yourself, anything that is going to cause commotion and accyexplorer will be there, well it may surprise you I totally agree with you, ALL of these Asian women should be forced to wear the Burka, why should we have to look at their ugly mugs?

I could recommend it for for several white women as well, lets not be prejudiced.

Why stop at women? I for example may enjoy more freedom (as they claim) if allowed to hide my ugly mug from the general population.

Come on Accyexplorer, hiding your face isn't honest or true and though they pretend it's freedom of choice the women wearing this mask probably have no choice, hell, even though it's illegal most of them were probably forced into an arranged marriage.

Should that be something you also condone?

I was actually going to retire from this thread, since I seem to be the only one who finds it slightly oppressive,but your goading seems to have worked its magic...So, one last comment before I retire to the MDing thread.

Yes,I feel it's wrong to deny folk basic freedoms...you may also be right to consider covering up your "ugly mug" from the public ;)

M's argument holds water when it comes to things that are purely symbolic,but when it comes to stripping the clothes of a woman it drys up dramatically....its a rather Victorian point of view in my opinion.

Less 30-09-2016 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1177876)
I was actually going to retire from this thread, since I seem to be the only one who finds it slightly oppressive,but your goading seems to have worked its magic...So, one last comment before I retire to the MDing thread.

Yes,I feel it's wrong to deny folk basic freedoms...you may also be right to consider covering up your "ugly mug" from the public ;)

M's argument holds water when it comes to things that are purely symbolic,but when it comes to stripping the clothes of a woman it drys up dramatically....its a rather Victorian point of view in my opinion.

Pathetic, but that's you isn't it?

So by your omission do we take it you approve of an oppressive society that forces women of any race to be ruled and controlled by the menfolk?

Go back to your detecting thread it's the only thing you do without proving yourself useless.

accybeme 30-09-2016 20:13

A very emotive subject, while I agree with Margarete who finds the burka/hijab intimidating, I think it would be hard to legislate against them while accepting face coverings such as fancy dress and father Christmas outfits, on the other hand why do Muslim women wear burka/hijab are they under duress from their partners, or is it from personal choice if it is indeed from personal choice why would anyone choose to wear an item that intimidates others,

Margaret Pilkington 30-09-2016 20:18

Quote:

I don't know where you got the idea that I think it is symbolic...It isn't and don't you think it is oppressive that women believe that they should hide their faces for cultural reasons? These cultural reasons decided by the men of their race. The men of the family brainwash the girls into accepting that covering the face is for the faith...that is shows they are modest.

They may say that it gives them freedom, but how?
How can you be free if the thing that makes you recognisable is hidden..your face. The thing that conveys to the outside world how you feel, whether you are happy, sad, angry, apathetic.
How is that freedom?

recently a police force were talking about employing ethnic minorities and allowing them to wear a burkha. How would that work?
A police officer whose face is hidden from view.
Would you like the surgeon performing your operation to wear a full face veil......or the staff caring for you...watching for changes in your condition...because I certainly wouldn't.

Margaret Pilkington 30-09-2016 20:29

No it is not Victorian...the Victorians were prudish. A society that considered piano and table legs to be unseemly, and had them covered up, is a lot like those who want women to wear a face covering.

It is not of this culture and not of this century.

DaveinGermany 30-09-2016 21:19

Quote:

since I seem to be the only one who finds it slightly oppressive

Really? Just who is the oppressor here, a western government who require equality regardless of orientation, sex or nationality, or some 7th century throwback religion who designate women as chattels of their male owners & relatives?

Just in case you missed it (and its from the Indie), a little insight into the mentality of the "religion of peace"???

Syrian refugee 'threw three children out of first-floor window because his wife wanted more freedom' in Germany | The Independent

Greeny 01-10-2016 10:17

Going back about three years , a terrorist fled our country by plane whilst wearing his sisters burka.

Margaret Pilkington 01-10-2016 10:29

You can hide anything under a burka...it could be a man with an UZI machine gun intent on carnage.

cashman 01-10-2016 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 1177902)
Going back about three years , a terrorist fled our country by plane whilst wearing his sisters burka.

Aye but that was in public, so braindead thinks thats ok.:rolleyes:

Retlaw 01-10-2016 14:00

On the subject of them Burka's. Women police wearing them, never heard owt so daft in all my life, first off how can you tell its a cop, wheres the badge an black and white stripe gonna go, it ud be a dammed funny shape to fit on top o one of them things, an if the criminal ignores her an walks away at a quick pace how would she catch up. Lastly if shes been behind one of them things all her adult life, where has she got the education an strength to pass the entrance exams. Mind boggling to say the least

Eric 01-10-2016 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 1177917)
On the subject of them Burka's. Women police wearing them, never heard owt so daft in all my life, first off how can you tell its a cop, wheres the badge an black and white stripe gonna go, it ud be a dammed funny shape to fit on top o one of them things, an if the criminal ignores her an walks away at a quick pace how would she catch up. Lastly if shes been behind one of them things all her adult life, where has she got the education an strength to pass the entrance exams. Mind boggling to say the least

If you really want to boggle your mind, here's summat you'd appreciate. Female firefighters in burkas.:eek:;)

Shurm 01-10-2016 18:25

The sooner we ban it the better if you don't like it leave.

Retlaw 01-10-2016 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1177975)

If you really want to boggle your mind, here's summat you'd appreciate. Female firefighters in burkas.:eek:;)

Ell fire Eric, tha evin a goo ad mi, thal ev tu ged a new winder, itud bi impossible es ti sin wod firemen ev tu wear, yon witchis ud never ged the kecks on.

Margaret Pilkington 01-10-2016 19:43

Retlaw, I liked it once I had deciphered it :)

Margaret Pilkington 01-10-2016 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 1177984)
The sooner we ban it the better if you don't like it leave.

I agree. No one forces these people to stay here, or to take on western ways....all we ask is that those who live here take on the responsibility of accepting the way we live here.....in this country, in this century.
Not asking us to change the way we live in order to accommodate their way of life.
If they did not like that way of life in their own country, then they cannot ask for us to accept it in our country.
They adopted the country, they could have the decency to embrace its rules.
If this is too hard then the door to leave is always open.

I think that in the main we are a very tolerant nation.

Less 01-10-2016 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1177989)
I agree. No one forces these people to stay here, or to take on western ways....all we ask is that those who live here take on the responsibility of accepting the way we live here.....in this country, in this century.
Not asking us to change the way we live in order to accommodate their way of life.
If they did not like that way of life in their own country, then they cannot ask for us to accept it in our country.
They adopted the country, they could have the decency to embrace its rules.
If this is too hard then the door to leave is always open.

I think that in the main we are a very tolerant nation.

Unfortunately, some small minded people would rather have us comply with them, and some of our own really, really, small minded, people are prepared to allow it to happen.

I have no problem with immigrants and their descendants, so long as they allow me and mine to continue living a life that we wish to live, the only people we used to see wearing masks were the guilty, no innocent person needs to hide their face.

Margaret Pilkington 01-10-2016 20:12

I have no problem with incomers.
I worked with, and in the main got along well with many races and creeds during my working life.
I do not consider my views to be racist or oppressive.

boxermum 02-10-2016 00:23

Well,certainly a mixed bag of opinions.erm let's start with the law of the land.Driving,if you are not allowed to have your windscreen tinted dark because (the police say the driver could not be seen/identified) where does the law state,oh but it's OK if you're Muslim to cover your mush?.Like wise,the drivers all round view should not be obscured, oh,but it's OK if you're Muslim to only have limited vision through your 'letter box.
Tell you what, why don't we rename OUR country Muslim Land? We would not be allowed to use our culture as an excuse if we moved to Pakistan.If they come to live here...then they should BLOODY WELL LIVE BY OUR RULES other wise the airport is that way.

boxermum 02-10-2016 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1177839)
Bugaria bans full-face islamic veil
France & Belgium already have bans in place.
can you see the UK implementing a ban here

Not on your nelly Accy beme, this country is too busy bending over backwards to placate these lazy good for nothings.The indigenous population are wayyyyyy at the back of the queue.
Plus, our government haven't got the balls to stand up to them and make G. Britain G. Again
Where's Enoch and Winston when ya need em. :bangh8::bangh8::bangh8:

Michael1954 02-10-2016 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxermum (Post 1178005)
Not on your nelly Accy beme, this country is too busy bending over backwards to placate these lazy good for nothings.The indigenous population are wayyyyyy at the back of the queue.
Plus, our government haven't got the balls to stand up to them and make G. Britain G. Again
Where's Enoch and Winston when ya need em. :bangh8::bangh8::bangh8:

Lazy good for nothings? Now that's a totally different argument than wearing full face veils. My experience of working with Asians is they are hard working. Perhaps you know different?

Margaret Pilkington 02-10-2016 11:33

I have worked with them too.....some were sterling workers, some were a bit less than that.
We can only speak as we find, but I think I worked with more of our indigenous folk who had a poor work ethic, and that is what it boils down to in relation to work.
I am sure that a full face veil reduces a woman's ability to do a good job, but many more Asian women stay at home to bring up families and look after their husbands parents once they marry.
They are not required to wear a face covering in the family home unless there are men present who are not known to them or are not family.
In those cases it is usually men in one room and women in another.

cashman 02-10-2016 12:45

I worked fer oer 20 yrs being in a minority, i found some as Margaret says were sterling workers, and were mates of mine, quite a few though would do as little as they could get away with,fact, but to tar all wi the same brush aint acceptable to me. some english workers were the same,

accybeme 02-10-2016 13:04

Strictly on the question of can you see the UK implementing a ban on the wearing the Islamic veil, would you say that the population and government are at odds on this

cashman 02-10-2016 13:07

in general yes i certainly would.And i would say in general, not because people are racist, which is what the dickheads call people for voicing views like this.

Margaret Pilkington 02-10-2016 13:21

Yes, I would agree with that. The government will not ban full face veils, they haven't got the cojones to do anything so decisive.
It can be done though, as the legislation in other countries prove.
The burkha and the face veil just go to prove that those wearing this garb do not wish to integrate, they wish to set themselves apart from the general population. They mark themselves out as different.

There is no chance of having any kind of interaction with a person in a burkha or full veil.

accybeme 02-10-2016 13:31

I do remember when turbans were an issue with the British public, gladly we all came to accept them as acceptable dress code but I don’t think the Islamic veil will ever become an acceptable dress code with the British public or at least not until they outnumber us,

Margaret Pilkington 02-10-2016 14:09

I think turbans were a different matter.
They do not obscure the face and there are few security risks posed to the general public.
They do not inhibit communication in the way that a burkha or face veil does.

It really makes me wonder how women in the Asian community recognise one another when they are all dressed in this black uniform.....so it doesn't just stop communication across the racial divide, but across their own culture too.

Margaret Pilkington 02-10-2016 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1178028)
I don’t think the Islamic veil will ever become an acceptable dress code with the British public or at least not until they outnumber us,

I don't think that day is very far in the future either.
I wonder, if then, we will be pressed into conforming to their dress codes.
Fortunately for me I am an old burger, so I may have shuffled off by then(I hope so anyway).

Michael1954 02-10-2016 14:20

The only time turbans were an issue was when it became compulsory to wear crash helmets when riding a motorcycle. I remember there were a lot of protests at the time from the Sikh community.

Eric 02-10-2016 18:08

There was an issue here with turbans, esp. concerning Sikh police officers wearing them as part of their uniform. When it was finally allowed, the police discovered one advantage. Drunken indians tended to go more quietly when tossed into a cruiser with a turbaned officer behind the wheel, as they thought they were being put into a taxi.

But seriously, I think there are a lot more things to express concern about than burqas. Ok ... so some moronic, ill-educated offensive throwback wants to dress his old lady in a designer gunny sack ... this is a problem that muslims have to sort out for themselves. We too have our problems with macho male bs. Approximately 20% of murders in Canada are committed by ex-boyfriends or ex-husbands. And the victims? Well we all know who they are. In many cases children are killed too. Call it a judeo-christian version on the honor killing theme. Now this is a problem. And FGM. Since it became illegal in the UK, not one person has been prosecuted, even tho', by law, doctors are obliged to report cases of this abomination. These are major problems, and should be dealt with before the mickey mouse burqa crisis.

This burqa thing is a storm in a teacup. Deal with the major problems first. Defeat ISIS, confront radical Islam ... you can never eradicate it, but you can emasculate it. If the effort is put into this, a lot of the smaller problems will go away.

Shurm 02-10-2016 20:00

Why can't the country vote on stuff like this ? Lets have a referendum I quite like the last one :D

Margaret Pilkington 02-10-2016 20:30

I agree with what you say Eric, but the issue of the Burkha is also one of security.
You just do not know who is under that garment, whether they are carrying weapons whether it is a male or a female and worst of all you cannot read the indicators of anxiety because you cannot see the persons face.
So yes there are lots of problems which need to be solved.....one of them is getting the incomers to integrate because if these muslims feel allegiance to the country they are perhaps a little less likely to want to blow us up.
Integration is impossible when you have people who show their disdain of western culture by choosing garments that are not of this country and not of this century.
If they dislike us so much then they are quite welcome to leave and find somewhere that tolerates and welcomes such clothing.

boxermum 02-10-2016 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 1178010)
Lazy good for nothings? Now that's a totally different argument than wearing full face veils. My experience of working with Asians is they are hard working. Perhaps you know different?

Yes Michael1954 I do know different.I have both employed and been employed by Asians.
I also admit,as in our own nationality,there are good and bad on both sides.However IMHO the incomers will only do shop keeping, taxi driving and possibly anything that requires very little effort.Come on,when was the last time you saw an Asian Street cleaner,road digger,etc.Apart from when the coppers are on their tail for speeding,drug peddling or chatting up young girls I have not seen any of our hard working friends break into a sweat,have You?
Back to the original thread,it has been said,wearing the burka is a personal choice only,nothing to do with religion.If my personal choice was to walk round town wearing a tee shirt with something offensive on it that should be OK then,after all it's only my personal choice RIGHT: WRONG it would offend people.These people are taught from a very early age to buck the norm and offend the indigenous population as often as they can.Then when challenged play the race card.Also if I was in their country (I don't mean Britain)would I get any with MY personal choice or wearing a bikini in hot Weather?.NO:because it would offend......:pph34r:

DaveinGermany 02-10-2016 21:03

You've got to admit it Mike 54, Doggy Ma makes some valid points in her post (46).

Michael1954 02-10-2016 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1178080)
You've got to admit it Mike 54, Doggy Ma makes some valid points in her post (46).

She's right that there are good and bad on both sides, but to make the sweeping statement that they (Asians and muslims) are "lazy good for nothings" is a damning indictment of them all.

RainbowSix 02-10-2016 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1177849)
But it would be nice if they did.
I prefer to see who I am talking to.....and with the full face veil you cannot do that.
I worry about those women who drive whilst wearing a full face covering......after all it is not thin material, it is like blackout cloth.

I too prefer to see someones lips too, if a woman in a full face veil ever deigns to try to talk to me she will be told that I cannot hear here and be asked tor remove her veil while doing so.

At which point I'll likely be called racist and I'll counter with deafist (I'm only hard of hearing but prefer to see someones lips when they talk).

And if she doesn't then I shant be listening, simples.

DaveinGermany 02-10-2016 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 1178088)
She's right that there are good and bad on both sides, but to make the sweeping statement that they (Asians and muslims) are "lazy good for nothings" is a damning indictment of them all.

Ah Cherries I see! ;) And as for sweeping statements, it won't be the first & most definitely not the last on this particular subject & a multitude of others to boot.

There is it seems, something about our "Alis snackbar" citizens that really divides the attitudes & sensibilities of the common man.

RainbowSix 02-10-2016 21:58

BTW the carrying of weapons under a burka - what the heck?

How stupid is that - you can carry a weapon under almost any clothing, especially some of the puffed out western clothing.

Michael1954 02-10-2016 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1178106)
Ah Cherries I see! ;) And as for sweeping statements, it won't be the first & most definitely not the last on this particular subject & a multitude of others to boot.

There is it seems, something about our "Alis snackbar" citizens that really divides the attitudes & sensibilities of the common man.

Cherries? Not at all, Dave. As I've previously mentioned, I have over the years worked with many Asians and Muslims and found them to be hard working. They weren't shop keepers or taxi drivers; they were managers, security delivery drivers and counter clerks, and in several cases cleaners. I didn't look upon them as lazy good for nothings.

Retlaw 02-10-2016 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSix (Post 1178109)

How stupid is that - you can carry a weapon under almost any clothing, especially some of the puffed out western clothing.

It all depends on the type of weapon your trying to hide, and bulky puffed out would show a bloody great bulge with any thing bigger that a 9m Browning, You could hide a Lewis Gun and a couple of pans of ammo under one o them female tents.
How many firearms have you ever had or used, you name it & I've probably fired it at some time or other. I used to be the Curator of firearms at Fulwood Museum, and there was every thing you could imagine, from a little .25 auto pistol to Maxim Machine Guns.

DaveinGermany 02-10-2016 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 1178110)
Cherries? Not at all, Dave. As I've previously mentioned, I have over the years worked with many Asians and Muslims and found them to be hard working.

Different folk, different experiences Mike. I've also worked in different countries with different cultures, creeds, ethnicities, nationals & religions, oft times good, bad, indifferent, but there are certain groups (in my experience at least) that are often fly or with, lets say, a less enthusiastic approach to graft.

boxermum 02-10-2016 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 1178088)

Michael, Michael...as I said,having employed and been employed by Asians, I have spent time with many, many of them.imho (I take it I am allowed MY opinion) they,some of them,will do as little as they can get away with and I stand by that statement.However as it appears I have to write this s l o w l y for you, I also have many Asian friends who helped me immensely when I lost my son.They brought food for us,as they knew we were not eating properly,they offered to shop for me,I could go on but I think most webbers will have got my point.If, as you say I 'made a sweeping statement'.....it was JUST A STATEMENT,then I apologise to the Muslims who are NOT lazy good for nothings........but I think my Asian friend would laugh at your "damning indictment "statement...Me thinks you protest too much.

Less 02-10-2016 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxermum (Post 1178116)
Michael, Michael...as I said,having employed and been employed by Asians, I have spent time with many, many of them.imho (I take it I am allowed MY opinion) they,some of them,will do as little as they can get away with and I stand by that statement.However as it appears I have to write this s l o w l y for you, I also have many Asian friends who helped me immensely when I lost my son.They brought food for us,as they knew we were not eating properly,they offered to shop for me,I could go on but I think most webbers will have got my point.If, as you say I 'made a sweeping statement'.....it was JUST A STATEMENT,then I apologise to the Muslims who are NOT lazy good for nothings........but I think my Asian friend would laugh at your "damning indictment "statement...Me thinks you protest too much.

I have worked with people from many countries the majority of whom have proved to be hardworking and helpful, there are however lazy folk of all creeds and colours, to lump all of one race as good for nothing is not only a sweeping statement that is an insult to the hard workers of that group but is also a sign perhaps of lazy thinking?

Michael1954 02-10-2016 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxermum (Post 1178116)

No you don't have to write slowly for me, but thanks for being condescending and patronising. You are allowed your opinion, but so am I. Some white people will also do as little as they can get away with, but that doesn't mean that white people are lazy good for nothings, or does it? You say your Asian friend would laugh at my statement. Let him read what you wrote and see if that's true.

boxermum 02-10-2016 23:06

For your information,my Asian friends also say many of their country men are lazy arrogant and wife beaters.As mentioned when the discussion was about the burka wearers,it was asked by many if these women were forced,by their domineering husbands .it seems to me that you would think THAT a damning indictment of all of them too.

boxermum 02-10-2016 23:20

What makes you think my Asian friends are male.Also,I did state that many white people were also guilty of doing f***all.By the way,you don't have to thank me it was my pleasure.

Michael1954 02-10-2016 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxermum (Post 1178123)
For your information,my Asian friends also say many of their country men are lazy arrogant and wife beaters.As mentioned when the discussion was about the burka wearers,it was asked by many if these women were forced,by their domineering husbands .it seems to me that you would think THAT a damning indictment of all of them too.

I am not discussing what your Asian friends say. Neither am i discussing domineering husbands. I am discussing what YOU wrote.

Michael1954 02-10-2016 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxermum (Post 1178124)
What makes you think my Asian friends are male.Also,I did state that many white people were also guilty of doing f***all.By the way,you don't have to thank me it was my pleasure.

You didn't make the comment about white people in your original post. You were discussing the wearing of veils then made a totally different comment about asians/muslims being lazy good for nothings, which has nothing to do with the wearing of veils.

boxermum 03-10-2016 00:02

:gooddog::pmad::pmad:Daveingermany (post47)thanks for commenting on my post (46)..but you seem to have riled Michael 1954 he's really got the hump with me now,I fear for his blood pressure.I've advised him to go lay down,but he's like a dog with a bone.

Michael1954 03-10-2016 00:05

Riled with Dave? I don't think so! And it is getting late, so maybe it is time to lie down!

Eric 03-10-2016 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1178072)
but the issue of the Burkha is also one of security.

Ok ... but not in Western countries. There are numerous instances of burqa - clad suicide bombers of both sexes; but they all seem to happen in Muslim countries, or countries with large Muslim majorities. I agree with Walter that a lot can be concealed under a full body bag ... hell, a fat broad could be waddling down your street with the USS Nimitz stuffed under there; but it just ain't happening in developed countries where a woman wearing the full covering sticks out like a sore thumb. In Pakistan where every other bitch is wearing one, there have been many incidents. In Senegal ... in Chad (by the way, if I lived in that shiitehole of a country, I would see devastating explosions as a bonus) ... in fact, in lots of countries in sub-saharan Africa.

When was the last incident involving Burqa suicide bombing in the UK? How common is the burqa in Clayton, or anywhere else in Hyndburn? There are quite a few Muslims in Kingston; many attend Queen's; but I have yet to see a burqa. The dress of choice for devout Muslim women here is no more extreme than the dress of Hutterite or Amish women. There have been a couple of incidents in the US where white, male criminals have used the burqa in order to escape the attention of law enforcement ... but no suicide bombings.

I find the damn things offensive, both in reality and symbolically, but that's no reason to ban them. You can't tinker with the constitutional rights and freedoms of citizens ... well, you can. But there are obvious dangers. If you can't see them, do some thinking. You couldn't have a burqa ban in Canada; the Supreme Court would not allow it. And the SC is not a bleeding heart, liberal think-tank, it is the body which protects us from governments' doing illegal shiite, and from governing by ideology rather than by law.

Ronny Raygun, a President whom, I believe, history will be kind to, once proposed a law banning the burning of Old Glory. And then someone whispered "First Amendment" in his ear. If The Donald gets elected, he will soon find that the US Supreme Court, even a conservative court, would not let him get away with most of the stuff he has promised.

Sure, seeing the burqa is annoying, much like a mosquito in your space as you try to have a beer on your back deck. But you don't go chasing the damn thing with a sledgehammer.

Margaret Pilkington 03-10-2016 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainbowSix (Post 1178109)

That might be true, but it is less easy to conceal something like a bomb vest under 'normal ' clothes than under such garments.....and it as much about who.....and being recognised. You cannot take evasive action if you are unaware of what a persons intentions are.
So does this mean that we treat all who are wearing this garb as being of malicious intent?
Very helpful in community cohesion!

RainbowSix 03-10-2016 08:24

Absolute garbage!

You can put one of those under a lot of western clothes, we have great big coats of our own that can hid bomb vests AND AK47's etc.

Have a look at From hijab to burqa - a guide to Muslim headwear - Channel 4 News for a guide to what they are.

Then have a google for a snorkel jacket, big padded squares that make it up.
That would be less likely to show a padded undervest than a burka.
And less conspicuous in the west.

It's more indicative of the way the menfolk oppress the women and treat them.
Heck, I find that a lot of them are just so ugly that in reality I'd not want to see their face anyway, but I don't think "she must have a bomb or gun under there".

It's the ones with the backpack that says "Does my bomb look big in this" printed on the back that you have to watch out for :)

cashman 03-10-2016 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1178131)
Ok ... but not in Western countries. There are numerous instances of burqa - clad suicide bombers of both sexes; but they all seem to happen in Muslim countries, or countries with large Muslim majorities. I agree with Walter that a lot can be concealed under a full body bag ... hell, a fat broad could be waddling down your street with the USS Nimitz stuffed under there; but it just ain't happening in developed countries where a woman wearing the full covering sticks out like a sore thumb. In Pakistan where every other bitch is wearing one, there have been many incidents. In Senegal ... in Chad (by the way, if I lived in that shiitehole of a country, I would see devastating explosions as a bonus) ... in fact, in lots of countries in sub-saharan Africa.

When was the last incident involving Burqa suicide bombing in the UK? How common is the burqa in Clayton, or anywhere else in Hyndburn? There are quite a few Muslims in Kingston; many attend Queen's; but I have yet to see a burqa. The dress of choice for devout Muslim women here is no more extreme than the dress of Hutterite or Amish women. There have been a couple of incidents in the US where white, male criminals have used the burqa in order to escape the attention of law enforcement ... but no suicide bombings.

I find the damn things offensive, both in reality and symbolically, but that's no reason to ban them. You can't tinker with the constitutional rights and freedoms of citizens ... well, you can. But there are obvious dangers. If you can't see them, do some thinking. You couldn't have a burqa ban in Canada; the Supreme Court would not allow it. And the SC is not a bleeding heart, liberal think-tank, it is the body which protects us from governments' doing illegal shiite, and from governing by ideology rather than by law.

Ronny Raygun, a President whom, I believe, history will be kind to, once proposed a law banning the burning of Old Glory. And then someone whispered "First Amendment" in his ear. If The Donald gets elected, he will soon find that the US Supreme Court, even a conservative court, would not let him get away with most of the stuff he has promised.

Sure, seeing the burqa is annoying, much like a mosquito in your space as you try to have a beer on your back deck. But you don't go chasing the damn thing with a sledgehammer.

Not correct Eric, was all over the news when a guy escaped wearing a burqa last year i think. ok he hadn't set one off, but that dont make it ok in my book. shows how daft that is, braindead liked yer post.

Eric 03-10-2016 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1178140)
Not correct Eric, was all over the news when a guy escaped wearing a burqa last year i think. ok he hadn't set one off, but that dont make it ok in my book. shows how daft that is, braindead liked yer post.

Nothing wrong with my brain. It's alive and well, maybe because I use it for rational thinking. I don't waste it worrying about mickey mouse horse manure non-issues. My eyes are wide open too. And I'm not seeing 100s of exploding burqas worn by terrorists in drag. I'm not seeing mass carnage on our highways because some dumb bitches get behind the wheel with bags over their heads. If there is a problem on our roads, it is caused by emancipated white women who can't resist playing with their smart phones when they are supposed to be looking at the road, or by macho white males who have convinced themselves that they drive better after drinking for four or five hours.

RainbowSix 03-10-2016 13:19

Spot on Eric.

Margaret Pilkington 03-10-2016 14:52

Please forgive me.. I have been out all day dealing with the needs of my elderly mother.
Rainbow six.....when I see a woman in a burkha my first thought isn't that she may be carrying a bomb.
I know that people wearing western clothes can conceal anything they want under them....and I do recognise that wearing western clothing means there may be less to suspect.
I just think to myself 'there goes another member of the community that does not want to integrate and is doing her utmost not to be spoken to, to have social contact with me'
My second thought might be for security. How do we recognise each other?
We recognise each other by looking at faces. These people hide their faces for what reason?
Well, no please don't trouble to answer because I know what the answer is.

I find them offensive and intimidating. Now maybe that is my fault, because we all choose what will offend us.
But I am offended by the fact that this person chooses to live here in the freedoms which this country affords, but yet they do not want to be part of that country.

Yes, Eric. Of course there are bigger more serious problems in the world. But sometimes starting little allows you to move onto bigger things.....and the seriousness of a situation really depends on how much impact that problem has on your life.
No, there have been no bombings carried out in Clayton by Burkha wearing women, but the wearing of this garb is becoming far more prevalent than it ever was in the past.
Go into Blackburn on any day of the week and you will see more burkha wearing women than you would see in A town in Pakistan.

As for the Amish and the Hutterite sects.....they dress modestly in a style of years gone by but the difference here is that they do not cover their faces.
(I had to look up the Hutterite sect as I an neither as well educated as you, or as well read)

Less 03-10-2016 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1178172)
Please forgive me.. I have been out all day dealing with the needs of my elderly mother.
Rainbow six.....when I see a woman in a burkha my first thought isn't that she may be carrying a bomb.
I know that people wearing western clothes can conceal anything they want under them....and I do recognise that wearing western clothing means there may be less to suspect.
I just think to myself 'there goes another member of the community that does not want to integrate and is doing her utmost not to be spoken to, to have social contact with me'
My second thought might be for security. How do we recognise each other?
We recognise each other by looking at faces. These people hide their faces for what reason?
Well, no please don't trouble to answer because I know what the answer is.

I find them offensive and intimidating. Now maybe that is my fault, because we all choose what will offend us.
But I am offended by the fact that this person chooses to live here in the freedoms which this country affords, but yet they do not want to be part of that country.

Yes, Eric. Of course there are bigger more serious problems in the world. But sometimes starting little allows you to move onto bigger things.....and the seriousness of a situation really depends on how much impact that problem has on your life.
No, there have been no bombings carried out in Clayton by Burkha wearing women, but the wearing of this garb is becoming far more prevalent than it ever was in the past.
Go into Blackburn on any day of the week and you will see more burkha wearing women than you would see in A town in Pakistan.

As for the Amish and the Hutterite sects.....they dress modestly in a style of years gone by but the difference here is that they do not cover their faces.
(I had to look up the Hutterite sect as I an neither as well educated as you, or as well read)

Common sense, where has it gone?
Same with when in Rome...
The real shame is for the people that have tried to become integrated, they end up shunned by others of their background and suspected by the indigenous population, there is need for compromise from all sides however fear and suspicion, create prejudice, while we on all sides go round and round and...

If someone hides behind a cloth it is saying don't talk to me I am not nor do I wish to be part of your society, it puts forward distrust and perhaps makes the person that sees them in this garb feel unwelcome in their company.

If the reason they wear this is so that they don't arouse a stranger what does it say about their men?
Can they not control how they become excited by the face of a clean shaven woman?
Surely something wrong with the men not the women?

Margaret Pilkington 03-10-2016 16:00

Common sense Less...that is a very rare commodity these days.
Rarer than hens teeth.

Less 03-10-2016 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1178180)
Common sense Less...that is a very rare commodity these days.
Rarer than hens teeth.

Still think there's summat wrong with men that can't control themselves because they are seeing a woman's face.
Fantasy and arousal are surely stimulated by the lesser amount that a woman allows her man to see?
Back in victorian times the sight of the top of a laced up boot would send a young man into fits of overexcited lust how would those poor souls even contemplate page 3?

Eric 03-10-2016 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1178172)
I had to look up the Hutterite

A little wander ... taking advantage of Mick's hospitalization;) ... While I'm at it I want to wish for Mick a speedy and complete recovery; I didn't yet get around to doing it in the proper thread. Get well soon young fella ... Hutterites are amazing people. I lived for 19 years in Saskatchewan and there was always a Hutterite colony close by. A good buddy of mine, Karl Kleinsasser, was field manager (he was in charge of summer fallowing, seeding, and harvest) on a settlement near Glen Bain, SK. I was often a guest in his home; and he visited mine regularly to watch TV and read newspapers ... neither of which is allowed on the settlement. Come to think of it, this doesn't seem like too bad of an idea. They raise all their own food. They eat communally ... there's no cooking in individual homes, but there is always a ham, a cold roast of the best beef you ever tasted, home baked bread, cookies and cake ... food to die for. They brew their own beer; make their own wine; and distill their own high-test liquor. I could go on and on and on ... fantastic people. Love 'em.

Less 03-10-2016 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1178182)
A little wander ... taking advantage of Mick's hospitalization;) ... While I'm at it I want to wish for Mick a speedy and complete recovery; I didn't yet get around to doing it in the proper thread. Get well soon young fella ... Hutterites are amazing people. I lived for 19 years in Saskatchewan and there was always a Hutterite colony close by. A good buddy of mine, Karl Kleinsasser, was field manager (he was in charge of summer fallowing, seeding, and harvest) on a settlement near Glen Bain, SK. I was often a guest in his home; and he visited mine regularly to watch TV and read newspapers ... neither of which is allowed on the settlement. Come to think of it, this doesn't seem like too bad of an idea. They raise all their own food. They eat communally ... there's no cooking in individual homes, but there is always a ham, a cold roast of the best beef you ever tasted, home baked bread, cookies and cake ... food to die for. They brew their own beer; make their own wine; and distill their own high-test liquor. I could go on and on and on ... fantastic people. Love 'em.

I was worried about this until you said they brewed their own beer, there, is a society I would allow to look after me.

Eric 03-10-2016 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1178183)
I was worried about this until you said they brewed their own beer, there, is a society I would allow to look after me.

They send their kids to technical college to learn the trades. Every colony has its own carpenters, brickies, plumbers, electricians, mechanics, And ... get this ... they have their own cooper:eek:This is a trade passed down from generation to generation. Karl had a couple of barrels in his basement. I once asked how much they held. "Enough" he said, "and when they are empty, I fill them again.":alright:

Less 03-10-2016 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1178190)
They send their kids to technical college to learn the trades. Every colony has its own carpenters, brickies, plumbers, electricians, mechanics, And ... get this ... they have their own cooper:eek:This is a trade passed down from generation to generation. Karl had a couple of barrels in his basement. I once asked how much they held. "Enough" he said, "and when they are empty, I fill them again.":alright:

Not a problem, I live in a community of brown voiced people, most of the time I have no problem, tonight and lets face it, it's only early just gone half six, still daylight, walking past a group of teenage brown faces minding my own business one of them put his foot out and deliberately tried to trip me up, Oh how his friends laughed, until I asked, do you really find that funny?
Well yes, actually they confessed to finding it funny, how long do we put up with such behaviour?

How long before I or any other white person can't walk passed my neighbours son's without some bully boy thinking he's clever and making this a getto with no go rights for whites?

Margaret Pilkington 03-10-2016 17:58

I guess it was the beer that swung it Eric :)
Anyway, thank you....I am wiser now because of your post(you can always find something positive on Accyweb...if you are prepared to look).

Margaret Pilkington 03-10-2016 18:01

Less, that scenario is already a reality in parts of Nelson(according to a midwife friend of mine).

Less 03-10-2016 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1178196)
Less, that scenario is already a reality in parts of Nelson(according to a midwife friend of mine).

Well I don't want it around here.

I live with them, I put up with them, so long as they and theirs leave me alone, I will do similar.

By the way, isn't that disgraceful?

Less 03-10-2016 18:42

Of course, such people can be forgiven when you don't have to live amongst them, after all it's their way.
Of my Asian neighbours about three will say hello, but only if they are on their own and there are no witnesses to their being polite, if I meet them when they are with someone else, no eye contact and a slight shrug of the shoulder to sort of say don't speak to me.
It's very easy to call folk racist, this is the treatment I get every day, I don't want them picked on, I don't want my white neighbours picked on, I, DON'T WANT TO BE PICKED ON.

Friendly, well I'm sorry, I've been surrounded for nearly 10 years, no, they ain't friendly, they don't want to mix, if anything, they would love me to move so they can move in one of their own.

Prejudiced? I try not to be, but they make it very, very difficult.

DaveinGermany 03-10-2016 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 1178129)
Riled with Dave? I don't think so!

I'd agree with that Mike, we may not always agree on matters & furthermore have different approaches to a subject, but being "riled" isn't even in the same room, healthy discussion & debate I'd say. :)

Accyexplorer 04-10-2016 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1178207)
I'd agree with that Mike, we may not always agree on matters & furthermore have different approaches to a subject, but being "riled" isn't even in the same room, healthy discussion & debate I'd say. :)

Very true D,even though I find some of the comments on here 'beyond ridiculous',I never get emotional.

Now,I have no doubt some women are coerced to cover up rather than covering up through choice (that's oppression) but denying folk the right to wear what they like (without good reason) is equally oppressive in my book.....kinda reminds me of how the certain minority's were treated in Germany in the 30s.

Perhaps it's because I'm one chromosome away from a special parking sticker,but I don't think you can police folks clothes without good reason and folk finding them intimidating or offensive isn't good enough imo. :)

Margaret Pilkington 04-10-2016 06:05

Well Jason, I am sorry that you consider that feeling intimidated and offended not a good enough reason to ban the covering of the face.
If it is unacceptable to go into a bank with your face covered( by a motorbike helmet, a balaclava or a hoodie) then it is unacceptable for a reason. That reason is that you cannot be recognised and if you perpetrate a crime or an offence, then you cannot be traced.
Being unacceptable in a bank means that it is unacceptable in the street too.

The wearing of the face covering is oppression of women and it is disrespectful to men because it implies that the women's faces are so beautiful that the men of the community will be unable to control their carnal desires.
The reality may be far different.
But the point you miss is that these women are separating themselves from their local community. They do not desire to integrate, they have chosen to adopt this country, yet do not want to be a part of it. Many of them do not speak english( though they might understand it). Their face covering means that we are never ever going to strike up a conversation( even if it were possible) they have placed a barrier in the way of any likelihood of social interaction and in doing so they raise suspicions about themselves and their Asian community.
I thought you had retired from this thread anyway.

Accyexplorer 04-10-2016 08:10

You of all folk know how it is M,when you say your retiring from a thread then as more comments and info comes forward you have a urge to comment :D

I'm sorry you find folk who wear a niqab intimidating and offensive,what 'exactly' are you scared of?

Maybe it's because my IQ is lower than 10 ,but it seems a little ludicrous to suggest that these women who are out in the world on a daily basis (interacting with society) don't want to interact with society.

Also,if these women can communicate in their homes,society etc while they wear a niqab then your argument that niqab is a barrier to communication holds little water.

Margaret Pilkington 04-10-2016 08:59

Jason, in the home they are not required to wear the full face veil.
And when you say that they are out in the world interacting....they are not interacting at all.
You cannot interact with someone if you can't see their facial expression.
Nowhere have I said I am 'scared'....I have said I feel intimidated, compromised if you like.
There is a subtle difference.
I have also said that I find it offensive. You try going to Saudi or one of the Arab States and wear a t shirt with what they see as an offensive slogan or logo and see what happens.
It is just the same here, they are making no allowances for the culture in this country....and that, to me is offensive and disrespectful to the country in which they have CHOSEN to live.
As Less said 'when in Rome'.

When I retire from a thread I do my best to stick to my decision.....and yes I DO sometimes fall by the wayside, but you have added nothing to your earlier opinions.

Eric 04-10-2016 13:37

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1178172]

Yes, Eric. Of course there are bigger more serious problems in the world. But sometimes starting little allows you to move onto bigger things.[/QUOTEg

Now this is where we disagree. I'm in favour of starting at the other end. Confront the big problems; solve them; and the frippery on the periphery (I like that ... has an almost poetic tone:D) will just go away. If one is confronted by a Tiger tank, one should not waste time pondering the offensive symbolism of the swastika painted on it's side; one should be more concerned with the Krupp 88mm tracking you down.

I believe that militant Islam ... no, let's be completely honest and say Islam in general, is one of the greatest threats to all we hold dear, all that our fathers and grandfathers fought and died for: freedom, individual rights, tolerance, the rule of law ... and a whole bunch of others that you can probably come up with I just don't believe that passing illegal laws about how people dress is the answer. Tinkering with the constitutional rights of citizens is dangerous. If you can't see this, please ignore this post.

And before anyone asks "Well, what would you do?", here is one suggestion. Wipe out ISIS fighters. Shoot, napalm, bomb the crap out of them whenever the poke their heads above a sand dune. Forget about collateral damage. I seem to remember that the RAF, RCAF, and USAF were not all that concerned with civilian casualties in WW2. And allow our military personnel to act under the same "rules of engagement" that the Russians have ... I'd better quit before the accusations of racism start.

By the way Margaret, if you are ever lucky enough to be invited to a meal on a Hutterite colony, you will be served no "foreign muck." All the food is home grown, and home cooked.;)

Margaret Pilkington 04-10-2016 15:01

Eric, I have to say that your observations of the danger of ISIS and Islam in general are very succinct.
Your solution is one that the world will not take(I am not saying it is the wrong solution, just that there is no power in the world that will address this danger.)
No, tinkering with peripheral rights is not the way to deal with it.
It should not be necessary to deal with something like a face veil.
These women should grab every freedom to express themselves that is offered.they have been subjugated for centuries and wearing the face veil shows that this is still the case.

Now Jason may tell you that this is what they are doing when they CHOOSE to wear a face veil. But that is rubbish....these women are, from the age of toddlers, being instilled with false values by the men in their communities and when they are of an age to CHOOSE, there is pressure exerted on them from the women, their peers,to follow this cultural tradition.
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM OR BEING MUSLIM.
It is offensive to all women and disrespectful to men as it implies that they cannot control their carnal desires.
Now on that note, I have said everything I want to say on this topic( in some cases, more than once, in different ways to try and get my opinion over. It IS only my opinion, but I stick by it)so I will bow out of this thread and unlike Jason, I will not post to it again.

Less 04-10-2016 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1178221)
Very true D,even though I find some of the comments on here 'beyond ridiculous'

How very strange, I thought you just posted 'beyond ridiculous', I didn't actually think you ever read what you posted.

DaveinGermany 04-10-2016 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1178238)
You try going to Saudi or one of the Arab States and wear a t shirt with what they see as an offensive slogan or logo and see what happens.

Slogan or logo is immaterial, being female is the issue. Long story short, after the shooting was over in 91, we teamed up with some American troops (2 were females) all in our respective uniforms, touring the Bazaars of "Ows-yer-boil!" (Al Jubail), souvenir shopping, decided to go for a Coffee in the Mall. Confronted by "Religious Police", the American service women, weren't allowed into the inner part of the Cafe with the tables & chairs, they'd have to stay outside with the Burqa wearing chattels, but us "Men" could go in. needless to say we didn't bother, we left with our sisters in arms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1178265)
here is one suggestion. Wipe out ISIS fighters. Shoot, napalm, bomb the crap out of them whenever the poke their heads above a sand dune.

Couldn't agree more mate, but sadly we've been neutered & emasculated since those days. To many whiny, hand wringing, self loathing liberal leftards screeching foul & shouting down any sign of patriotism as vile Nazi-xenophobic-racist-fascist -istest ad nausea, aided & abetted by successive governments .... and until that particular festering pus filled affliction is scourged, we'll not be able to concentrate on curing the other cancers afflicting our society.

Chunter done!

Eric 05-10-2016 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1178310)
Slogan or logo is immaterial, being female is the issue. Long story short, after the shooting was over in 91, we teamed up with some American troops (2 were females) all in our respective uniforms, touring the Bazaars of "Ows-yer-boil!" (Al Jubail), souvenir shopping, decided to go for a Coffee in the Mall. Confronted by "Religious Police", the American service women, weren't allowed into the inner part of the Cafe with the tables & chairs, they'd have to stay outside with the Burqa wearing chattels, but us "Men" could go in. needless to say we didn't bother, we left with our sisters in arms.

Couldn't agree more mate, but sadly we've been neutered & emasculated since those days. To many whiny, hand wringing, self loathing liberal leftards screeching foul & shouting down any sign of patriotism as vile Nazi-xenophobic-racist-fascist -istest ad nausea, aided & abetted by successive governments .... and until that particular festering pus filled affliction is scourged, we'll not be able to concentrate on curing the other cancers afflicting our society.

Chunter done!

Pity we can't be more like the Israelis. Rockets land in their country ... five minutes later the planes are in the air, off to bomb the shiite out of wherever the terrorists are holed up.

Barrie Yates 05-10-2016 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1178310)

Many stories from GW1 - the US General at Dahran deliberately put female soldiers on all entry gates into US/Combined areas of the airbase. One muttawa was harassing some Philipino nurses in Khobar Mall with his cane , because they were talking to US squaddies - the squaddies threw him into the water feature and they were cheered by the locals and the expats.
Tesco Accrington requires motor cycle helmets to be removed but not face veils???????/

Accyexplorer 06-10-2016 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1178335)
Pity we can't be more like the Israelis. Rockets land in their country ... five minutes later the planes are in the air, off to bomb the shiite out of wherever the terrorists are holed up.

I knew there was a *straightforward/facile solution to the issue :rolleyes: