Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Wrong un's (allegedly) (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/wrong-uns-allegedly-69060.html)

Accyexplorer 30-03-2017 19:09

Wrong un's (allegedly)

I've just seen this in the local rag:-

Teenage girl 'repeatedly and systematically raped and sexually abused' by gang of predatory paedophiles, court told (From Lancashire Telegraph)

The defendants and what they are accused of - Accrington Observer

The stall holder says he's innocent:-

Market stallholder: 'I am innocent' - Accrington Observer

He would say that wouldn't he?

AccyMad 30-03-2017 20:17

Re: Wrong un's (allegedly)

What happened to innocent till proven guilty?

Accyexplorer 30-03-2017 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1191273)
What happened to innocent till proven guilty?

Obviously,They're 'all' innocent until proven guilty,I wouldn't be surprised if there's a band of shaven head thugs marching through our town in the near future though.

accyman 30-03-2017 23:45

anyone would want to see someone guilty of crimes like these punished but yet again lives are trashed before a guilty verdict is given by a court and jury

cashman 31-03-2017 08:03

This thread to me, is a deliberate attempt to provoke a negative reaction,something only a knobhead would do, i have thought that for a fair while, now yeh have proved it.:rolleyes:

AccyMad 31-03-2017 08:54

Obviously, whoever committed these offences needs locking up but Cashy's right - I'm not sure the original comments were posted for the right reasons so, I won't be adding any more thoughts to it, as they say on Dragon's Den - I'm out!

Margaret Pilkington 31-03-2017 10:58

To a degree, I think the media is at fault. Details should not be published until there has been a guilty verdict reached...and if the verdict is one of innocence then, it should not appear at all.
This article is damaging to a market trader who may have done nothing wrong.
We do not need to hear of this until it has been proved that he is guilty of the offences of which he has been accused

This local(?) paper is not what it used to be many years ago. I do not trust what I read in it anymore...it is only useful for lighting the fire and cleaning the windows.

cashman 31-03-2017 11:17

The local media is not at fault for his stupidity.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 31-03-2017 12:42

Cashy, he did actually put in the title 'allegedly'.
To me this means that you make your own mind up, or it may mean that he questions the allegations.
He posted links to an articles in local media. Now if the local media had not published these articles there would have been nothing to post about...so while you are entitled to have an opinion about who is at fault..To my mind,it is certainly the fault of local media.
Local media may say that they are performing a vital public service.
It would be far better if they confined themselves to reporting only proven cases, rather than whipping up hysteria(and possibly racial tensions).
These offences are alleged to have taken place some time during the 90's but are only being investigated now...more than two decades later.

cashman 31-03-2017 13:21

I agree fully things like this should NOT be printed until a guilty verdict has been given, but fact is they are its happened with many people, that has little to do with the reason this clown posted this, thats my opinion.

maxthecollie 31-03-2017 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1191312)
To a degree, I think the media is at fault. Details should not be published until there has been a guilty verdict reached...and if the verdict is one of innocence then, it should not appear at all.
This article is damaging to a market trader who may have done nothing wrong.
We do not need to hear of this until it has been proved that he is guilty of the offences of which he has been accused

This local(?) paper is not what it used to be many years ago. I do not trust what I read in it anymore...it is only useful for lighting the fire and cleaning the windows.

Too expensive to light your fire and clean your windows

Margaret Pilkington 31-03-2017 16:48

Yes, you are right.
Himself says he only gets it to see who has shuffled off this mortal coil...and if he isn't recorded he knows he can do another week.
Me? I would cancel it. It used to be interesting reading the small ads and looking at the jobs, but these days all of the adverts seem to relate to Manchester/ Heywood...so not local.

Margaret Pilkington 31-03-2017 16:54

There will always be people who make contentious statements(both on here and in the media) to get a response.
I just think it is sad that a business may be adversely affected by a story that should never have been printed until a guilty verdict has been pronounced.

ferret man 31-03-2017 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1191323)
Too expensive to light your fire and clean your windows

Fish&chips papers

accyman 01-04-2017 00:37

just dont use the telegraph as toilet paper it will leave more crap behind than it removes