Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Child Benefit (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/child-benefit-69071.html)

Rowlf 04-04-2017 21:37

Child Benefit

I heard on todays news that from this week Child Benefit is to be restricted to 2 children. At Long Last !!!!! Course I dont suppose it will apply to the folk who already claim for 10 or 12 children just new claimants. Still it is welcome step in the right direction dont you think ?

Shurm 05-04-2017 02:54

Re: Child Benefit

Got a baby due anytime, third child every bit would have helped as well.

Oh hang on 6th April it kicks in, right curry for tea !!!!

Accyexplorer 05-04-2017 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1191585)
I heard on todays news that from this week Child Benefit is to be restricted to 2 children. At Long Last !!!!! Course I dont suppose it will apply to the folk who already claim for 10 or 12 children just new claimants. Still it is welcome step in the right direction dont you think ?

When you say "step in the right direction",are you suggesting that it should be capped at one child or scrapped altogether?

What about those who find themselves having triplets, or other multiple births?

Your winter allowance may be next :hidewall:

Neil 05-04-2017 17:21

Should there still be any child benefit? Should people have a child if they are not in a financial position to support a child without expecting others to pay towards its upkeep?

Accyexplorer 05-04-2017 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1191616)
Should there still be any child benefit? Should people have a child if they are not in a financial position to support a child without expecting others to pay towards its upkeep?

I'm sure you're aware that some folk have unplanned children,it's not the child's fault...is it?

cashman 05-04-2017 17:42

Thats a damn good question, reason i had only 2, is cos it woulda been very hard to support more, with wages around here.

cashman 05-04-2017 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1191619)
I'm sure you're aware that some folk have unplanned children,it's not the child's fault...is it?

More often than not its can't be bothered.

Rowlf 05-04-2017 17:57

In this day and age there is no excuse for having children if folk cannot afford to them.As for my comment ' A step in the right direction' I just think it is time something is done to reduce benefits so that they cannot be relied on in stead of folk getting off their backsides and working to keep their own families. My generation had personal pride and felt it their duty to provide for their families, taking any job that they could get. Ofcourse if folk were on the dole and they were offered a job and they didnt take it their dole money was stopped .

cashman 05-04-2017 18:05

Tonight on BBC News there was a woman with 7 kids saying her benefits had been reduced, well beggar me, how many "Unplanned" were in those 7?:rolleyes:

Accyexplorer 05-04-2017 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1191625)
In this day and age there is no excuse for having children if folk cannot afford to them .

What about if some poor soul was inpregnated via a sexual assault and decided to keep the child?

Accyexplorer 05-04-2017 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1191628)
Tonight on BBC News there was a woman with 7 kids saying her benefits had been reduced, well beggar me, how many "Unplanned" were in those 7?:rolleyes:

So is it a administration problem?
There's always some that take the Mick and the media will always try and demonise them while folk like to play armchair judges.

Less 05-04-2017 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1191616)

No there shouldn't, at least, in a world where everyone is responsible for their actions, unfortunately too many folk don't consider having a small number of children to be something they should be responsible for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1191619)

Of course it's not the child's fault, however irresponsible parents shouldn't get a free ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1191620)
Thats a damn good question, reason i had only 2, is cos it woulda been very hard to support more, with wages around here.

I also only had the two, anyone that wants more should be free to have them so long as they are prepared to take on the financial responsibility to feed clothe and educate them, it should be no-one elses responsibility.

Unfortunately that isn't the way it works, those that don't give a sod about anything tend to be the ones that ignore birth control, after all, society will take over from their lack of responsibility!

cashman 05-04-2017 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1191631)
So is it a administration problem?
There's always some that take the Mick and the media will always try and demonise them while folk like to play armchair judges.

Its more a case of armchair dickheads.:rolleyes:

Accyexplorer 05-04-2017 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1191632)
Of course it's not the child's fault, however irresponsible parents shouldn't get a free ride.

Now that is something I can agree with.

Less 05-04-2017 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1191629)
What about if some poor soul was inpregnated via a sexual assault and decided to keep the child?

Nothing to do with it, that is just you trying to side track from the main problem.