Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   General Election called (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/general-election-called-69108.html)

AccyMad 18-04-2017 10:14

General Election called

Mrs May has just announced there will be a general election on June 8th - who'd have thought it?
Right decision I think but a little surprising

Gremlin 18-04-2017 10:21

Re: General Election called

Right decision,yes.
Nows the time to get the standing Hyndburn MP out of office.
I never thought I would be saying that but recently I've been slowly changing my mind.

It's not set in stone yet, it's got to go to a commons vote tomorrow.

Bob Dobson 18-04-2017 10:50

Striking whilst the iron is hot and before Labour have jettisoned Corbyn

cashman 18-04-2017 11:21

I have NEVER in my life voted Tory, but this time i definitely will.

Gremlin 18-04-2017 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1192600)
I have NEVER in my life voted Tory, but this time i definitely will.

Join the queue cashman. I'm in the same mind as you.

Neil 18-04-2017 11:50

I've said before that our general election times should be fixed, something like the 1st Monday in June on years ending in a 0 or 5. I don't like how the government can call an election when they want because they think they can increase the number of MP's they have to railroad things through parliament.

That said I might have to vote Tory this time as well because voting anyone else will be voting Labour and that would give us Jeremy Corbyn's version of Brexit which would be like not leaving at all.

cashman 18-04-2017 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1192604)
I've said before that our general election times should be fixed, something like the 1st Monday in June on years ending in a 0 or 5. I don't like how the government can call an election when they want because they think they can increase the number of MP's they have to railroad things through parliament.

That said I might have to vote Tory this time as well because voting anyone else will be voting Labour and that would give us Jeremy Corbyn's version of Brexit which would be like not leaving at all.

it dont please me at all to have to vote Tory, but i find i have NO CHOICE at all.

Margaret Pilkington 18-04-2017 13:10

I know who I will NOT vote for....his initials are GJ.

accyman 18-04-2017 13:45

well if you want brexit to work out for the UK and also dont want to risk the chance of it been cancelled Hyndburn are going to have to kick out its labour MP as should any other area that voted brexit

do you really want to risk a labour government especially with folk who have made their opinion on brexit very well known and exactly what they think of us ..

just watch the back pedaling by these parasites who will say anything to keep their cushy jobs and then break their word once elected

its already happened to us once dont let it happen again

accyman 18-04-2017 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1192605)
it dont please me at all to have to vote Tory, but i find i have NO CHOICE at all.

hey dont be too hard on yourself its not a you problem its a him problem

you didnt put yourself in this dilemma you were put in to it

cashman 18-04-2017 14:30

it will be very interesting i think,to see how the "Media" play this next 7 weeks!! after all they "All" wanted to remain. yet i can hardly see em supporting Labour, or Liberal.:D

accyman 18-04-2017 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1192613)
it will be very interesting i think,to see how the "Media" play this next 7 weeks!! after all they "All" wanted to remain. yet i can hardly see em supporting Labour, or Liberal.:D

oh the media especially the BBC will jump all over the opportunity to betray the UK and tell everyone its their chance to reverse brexit etc

dont be surprised if the BBC show bias towards labour and be even less surprised when they dont get pulled up for it by the fairness and equality folk that ensure they equally treat parties

Rowlf 18-04-2017 18:00

Labour do not have a snowball in hells chance of winning this election but the good thing will be they will have to get rid of Corbyn afterwards.

cashman 18-04-2017 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1192622)
Labour do not have a snowball in hells chance of winning this election but the good thing will be they will have to get rid of Corbyn afterwards.

Thats more than likely, but he was voted in by the membership, something the SNAKES in the Labour Party refused to accept, FACT, if you call that democracy? i certainly do not,

DaveinGermany 18-04-2017 18:34

It's not just Labour who'll be losing over this "Sting", the wee ginger tom north o' the border should be getting her comeuppance too! :D

Happy days all round then? ;)