Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   HBC Paperless Billing (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hbc-paperless-billing-69139.html)

Less 03-05-2017 11:19

HBC Paperless Billing

2 Attachment(s)
I've been getting some nagging letters about signing up for our councils ebilling I knew I'd get around to it one day and today is that day.

I had to admire their efficiency, without typing anything in page one it informed me:-
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...1&d=1493809589

Yes that's right 34% complete without typing a thing!

The rest of the form was quite simple except for question 1:-

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...1&d=1493809631

What is the point of saying (if you know it) and then (required)?

Obviously if it's required you had better find it on one of those old fashioned lumps of paper that they are still keen to send out.
If you don't, your form will be rejected because you haven't filled in all required information.
I may be one of the boroughs 95% and need assistance to count the six fingers on each hand but I could design a set of questions that make a little more sense than the above.
The rest of the questions were simple enough though if in future they plan to contact me via email why is it compulsory for me to give them a telephone number?

Exile on Spencer St 03-05-2017 19:53

Re: HBC Paperless Billing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1193523)
....why is it compulsory for me to give them a telephone number?

So they can sell it? :rolleyes:

accyman 04-05-2017 01:24

ill go paperless when they pay for my internet :D

joking aside im sure they are still accommodating people who cant afford to have internet installed or should them people just use internet at their local library

oh hang on

Neil 04-05-2017 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1193556)
.......or should them people just use internet at their local library

oh hang on

What's your problem with the library? With our new super busses and modified road layouts it shouldn't be difficult for anyone in Hyndburn to get the bus to Accrington Library in a few minutes

Margaret Pilkington 04-05-2017 06:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1193557)
What's your problem with the library? With our new super busses and modified road layouts it shouldn't be difficult for anyone in Hyndburn to get the bus to Accrington Library in a few minutes

I do hope that was a 'tongue in cheek' comment Neil.

Hill Walker 04-05-2017 21:38

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1193523)

I had to admire their efficiency

Unfortunatly my council seems to have no faith in their efficiency. I visited their website to enable the collection of my garden waste and found the following:-

Gremlin 05-05-2017 08:28

I received my Council tax bill via email a few weeks ago.
The week after I received a letter asking me to register for ebilling by sending HBC my email address. The same day I received my paper Council tax bill, identical to the one via email.

Neil 06-05-2017 07:51

In my experience with HBC, a couple of areas they are quite poor are IT and legal. A friend who used to work for them said to me recently, if I was a good lawyer or IT professional why would I want to work for a local authority for the poor wages they pay when I could be earning a lot more money working for companies in the private sector? He then explained that leaves local authorities with people to chose from who can't get work elsewhere. That is hi explanation as to why local authorities have problems in some departments.

Margaret Pilkington 06-05-2017 08:16

It sounds very plausible Neil.

Restless 17-05-2017 23:20

More like a few hours from Clayton-le-moors on the bus :D

Are they going paperless completely cause since mum passed away I've been helping out as dad has no clue about computers or the internet

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Less 18-05-2017 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1194431)
More like a few hours from Clayton-le-moors on the bus :D

Are they going paperless completely

I think they may keep a few squares of the stuff in the cubicles for their staff, though rumour has it the public toilets may get a little uncomfortable.

cashman 18-05-2017 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1193557)

Obviously you dont catch the bus regular? i happen to do, and from Ossy MANY buses on the timetable just dont come.;)

Neil 18-05-2017 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1194445)
Obviously you dont catch the bus regular? i happen to do, and from Ossy MANY buses on the timetable just dont come.;)

Maybe they can see you waiting at the bus stop so make a detour :P

accyman 18-05-2017 11:38

HBC's next big brainwave

PAPERLESS PUBLIC TOILETS :eek:

cashman 18-05-2017 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1194450)
HBC's next big brainwave

PAPERLESS PUBLIC TOILETS :eek:

They will no doubt do that, then someone may tell em, there is none, they scrapped em.:D