Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Graham Jones increases his majority again (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/graham-jones-increases-his-majority-again-69206.html)

JCB 09-06-2017 06:44

Graham Jones increases his majority again

For the second General Election in a row Graham Jones has increased his majority .

No doubt some on Accy Web will be dismayed , having intimated that the voters of Hyndburn would wipe him off the political landscape .

The half a dozen or so of the political pundits who frequent this forum have shown how out of touch they are with the voters of Hyndburn .

Still they will no doubt keep the "95%" mantra going , even though , as they do so , it will be untrue .

It's also sad that some of the anti-Graham Jones comments on this forum stem from a personal animosity towards him .

Congratulations Graham Jones .

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 07:04

Re: Graham Jones increases his majority again

I don't think anyone intimated that Graham Jones would be wiped off the political scene.
It may have been hoped that that would happen, but it hasn't.
We have to live with that.
I am one of those you refer to. I have no personal animosity towards the man. I just think he has not lived up to the hopes that he woul do more for the borough and think less about climbing the political ladder.

Your post has a gloating feel to it. I really did not have you down as the sort of person would would gloat over something which is so important right now.

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 07:05

Oh, sorry I missed out my congratulations to Graham Jones.

JCB 09-06-2017 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1195655)
I am one of those you refer to. I have no personal animosity towards the man.

Wrong again .

You are not one of those I refer to .

My opinion is based on face to face conversations I have had .

accyman 09-06-2017 09:21

not one person said he would be wiped out it is pretty much accepted that for no other reason than standing for labour someone can win around here no matter who they are

if you are going to gloat at least be accurate

yes i hoped he would loose but i also said you could elect a dog turd around here as long as it stood for labour

luckily he has a lot of votes because if he had slipped jeremy corbyn would be looking to get rid of him but even jeremy corbyn knows that no matter how much someone says they dont like you if they are keeping that seat you put up with them until they no longer keep that seat safe

Boeing Guy 09-06-2017 09:26

Me too, I did not want Mr Jones as our MP.
I feel that he is not a patch on Greg Pope, who I always felt was an honourable man.
Sadly the choice by the Conservative party was bewildering, they could have picked better. Still in our constituency you could put a Brick up for the Labour Candidate and it would win, of course it would have to be Nori!
So no I will not congratulate him

accyman 09-06-2017 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 1195672)
Wrong again .

then maybe direct those people to this post or revisit them and gloat at them face to face under the same circumstances the conversations started in ?

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 1195672)
Wrong again .

I think you are being a little...shall we say 'disingenuous'here.
The post was about members of Accyweb...you called them pundits...and observed how out of touch they were.
You never mentioned or alluded to any face to face conversations...so sorry I don't buy your response.

I prefer to think of myself as someone who can rationally analyse the puff and bluster served up at the time these people want my cross in their box...but for the rest of the time I am very low on their list of priorities.

Today I feel genuinely sad for the fate of this country.
I had hoped for better, but never mind. Being at the butt end of my life has to have some advantages.

As for being wrong. I know that place very well. You must have heard it said 'a woman's place is in the wrong'
I think I would not know what country I was in if I was right.

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 09:55

Boeing Guy, it is honourable to congratulate someone who wins at anything...even when you feel that they did not deserve it.
It is 'bad form' to gloat when you win.
I think your post is spot on by the way.

JCB 09-06-2017 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1195676)
I think you are being a little...shall we say 'disingenuous'here.
The post was about members of Accyweb...you called them pundits...and observed how out of touch they were.
You never mentioned or alluded to any face to face conversations...so sorry I don't buy your response.

I prefer to think of myself as someone who can rationally analyse the puff and bluster served up at the time these people want my cross in their box...but for the rest of the time I am very low on their list of priorities.

Today I feel genuinely sad for the fate of this country.
I had hoped for better, but never mind. Being at the butt end of my life has to have some advantages.

As for being wrong. I know that place very well. You must have heard it said 'a woman's place is in the wrong'
I think I would not know what country I was in if I was right.

You can doubt my sincerity as much as you wish .

I know that what I posted is true .

Goodbye .

I won't disturb the cosy , tiny cabal any longer .

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 14:54

I do doubt your sincerity, because there is nothing in your post which indicates that you were referring to anyone other than the people who come on here.

The fact that you have responded in the manner of the above post confirms this.

If it truly is 'goodbye' then I will be sorry for you to go, but that is your choice.
( it is what is called 'taking your ball and going home')

I have enjoyed reading your posts, even when your views do not agree with mine.
That is what makes a forum interesting.

You have never disturbed me in any way...and Accyweb has never been a cabal.
That you see it as such,says more about you than it does about me or any other member.

cashman 09-06-2017 14:59

You say cabal is true, i say your a liar.

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 15:10

Cashy he was telling us we are all part of a tiny clique(click)... this has been bandied about for as long as I have been here...the 'tiny and cosy' was (I feel) meant to insult.
I do not feel insulted because I know what I said was true.
Leaving in a state of high dudgeon just confirms it.

cashman 09-06-2017 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1195696)
Cashy he was telling us we are all part of a tiny clique(click)... this has been bandied about for as long as I have been here...the 'tiny and cosy' was (I feel) meant to insult.
I do not feel insulted because I know what I said was true.
Leaving in a state of high dudgeon just confirms it.

I know exactly what he was saying Margaret, so if he says thats true, i know for fact hes telling lies.

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 16:53

Cashy, you are a blooming gem. I like your reasoning.