Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Favourite Accrington ( or other ) nicknames (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/favourite-accrington-or-other-nicknames-69358.html)

pafcprogs 03-09-2017 13:42

Favourite Accrington ( or other ) nicknames

Hi

I have been looking at the witty, inventive or somewhat insulting nicknames that players have acquired over the years.

I would love to know of any particularly good ones from Stanley.

Best of luck for the season....it's a tough start for us in L1

Peter

cashman 03-09-2017 13:50

Re: Favourite Accrington ( or other ) nicknames

Yer better posting that in the Stanley Section Peter hardly anyone from there comes on this section.;)

pafcprogs 03-09-2017 14:06

Just realised that ! Thanks

Less 03-09-2017 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1200809)
Yer better posting that in the Stanley Section Peter hardly anyone from there comes on this section.;)

100% accurate as usual, but it's a shame that they don't add their comments on the rest of the site.
:(

Margaret Pilkington 03-09-2017 18:21

I agree Less.
I am sure they would find other things interesting too...or better still bring up topics of interest

AccyMad 04-09-2017 06:56

But surely that's the beauty of a forum with a variety of sections, so people can contribute on the ones that are of interest to them?
Personally I like to read through some of the other sections on the site & sometimes chip in with comments, ideas etc if an item catches my eye but then I live locally & not everyone on the Stanley section does, maybe that's why they just concentrate their attention on there?
On the flip side, & I'm only playing devil's advocate here - it also works the other way where people who are regular contributors on the other sections don't really get involved on the Stanley bit, which is I'd guess because football isn't their thing.

Less 04-09-2017 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1200837)
But surely that's the beauty of a forum with a variety of sections, so people can contribute on the ones that are of interest to them?
Personally I like to read through some of the other sections on the site & sometimes chip in with comments, ideas etc if an item catches my eye but then I live locally & not everyone on the Stanley section does, maybe that's why they just concentrate their attention on there?
On the flip side, & I'm only playing devil's advocate here - it also works the other way where people who are regular contributors on the other sections don't really get involved on the Stanley bit, which is I'd guess because football isn't their thing.

You are correct on all counts, obviously in no way was my original comment any form of criticism, people are free to pursue their interests, I do look on the odd occasion in the football section but it would be of no use my commenting on the topics as my knowledge of the game is that it is the one played with a proper shaped ball, after that I would be lost.

:hehetable

Margaret Pilkington 04-09-2017 09:50

Yes, Accymad, you are right.
I always hope that when new people join for a particular reason/part of the forum, they will be curious about other sections too...and perhaps add something to those.
Like Less, I have no real interest in football(or any other sport either)...but I do look at some of the Stanley forum...partly because it is part of our local heritage and history.
I do not feel qualified to add any posts to this section as my understanding of the game is smaller than a gnats nadger.
It is hoped that our new member will cast his gaze further afield (on the forum ,that is)and find other interesting topics to which he can relate and perhaps contribute.

Exile on Spencer St 06-09-2017 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1200848)
Like Less, I have no real interest in football...I do not feel qualified to add any posts to this section as my understanding of the game is smaller than a gnats nadger.....

Believe me, Margaret, that's never stopped any of us who frequently post on the Stanley page.;)