Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   what would you do? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/what-would-you-do-69744.html)

KiTChener 22-12-2017 20:13

what would you do?

advice needed!

My wife is currently in RBH, & will be for the near future, (IE, over Christmas).

My daughter is insisting that I join her, hubby & g'kids for C'mas day lunch. I know she means well, thinking of me,

Yet I feel, & want, to spend the day with my wife of almost 52 years, I cannot bear the thought that I will be apart from her at anytime at C'mas for the first time ever!

I obviously don't want to upset my daughter, but, my wife comes first.

Anyone been in similar circumstances who can offer advice?

Thanks,

Gerard

Shurm 22-12-2017 20:21

Re: what would you do?

Sorry not been in that position however I hope your Wife is better soon and I think you should do what you feel is the right thing for you.

DaveinGermany 22-12-2017 20:24

Just divide your time, spend a couple of hours with your Missus in the morning, scoot off for dinner with your daughter & family I'm sure your wife will understand (probably even encourage you to go) then come back later on & spend the rest of the day with your missus.

KiTChener 22-12-2017 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1206108)
Just divide your time, spend a couple of hours with your Missus in the morning, scoot off for dinner with your daughter & family I'm sure your wife will understand (probably even encourage you to go) then come back later on & spend the rest of the day with your missus.

Thanks, DinG, was what I was thinking, nice to know someone agrees.

Thanks for your comments, you & Shurm

Gerard

cashman 22-12-2017 20:36

Daves advice sounds about right to me mate, hope yer missus is soon home again.

KiTChener 22-12-2017 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1206110)
Daves advice sounds about right to me mate, hope yer missus is soon home again.

Cheers, Cashy.

ferret man 22-12-2017 20:42

Just tell your daughter what you have told us, I think she will understand and may even take the g'kids and go with you. All the best.FM.

DaveinGermany 22-12-2017 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiTChener (Post 1206109)
Thanks, DinG, was what I was thinking, nice to know someone agrees.

Thanks for your comments, you & Shurm

Gerard

"Great minds" & all that, then again there's always "Fools seldom differ!" :)
Either way, enjoy it the best you can & hopefully next Christmas the whole gang will be together.

Gordon Booth 22-12-2017 20:43

Good plan splitting your day and you'll be able to have all the rest of the afternoon and evening with her. Don't they relax visiting hours on Christmas day?
On top of which your wife will be pleased your having a good Xmas lunch!

KiTChener 22-12-2017 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1206112)
Just tell your daughter what you have told us, I think she will understand and may even take the g'kids and go with you. All the best.FM.

Thanks, FM, appreciate your comments.

They are all going to visit RBH anyway, it's just that I don't feel like leaving to go & 'enjoy' myself at theirs, without my wife, her Mum, & their Nan!

Gerard

KiTChener 22-12-2017 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1206114)
Good plan splitting your day and you'll be able to have all the rest of the afternoon and evening with her. Don't they relax visiting hours on Christmas day?
On top of which your wife will be pleased your having a good Xmas lunch!

Thanks, GB,visiting hours are relaxed over C'mas, however, I am currently going in at 8am, & staying all day, leaving at 7/8pm! I am putting in more hours than some of the nurses! They've actually offered me a 'clocking in' card!
As for the Xmas lunch, I am told that the kitchen is of Michelin standard on C'mas day!

Gerard

Rowlf 22-12-2017 20:59

It must be a difficult decision but I think the idea of spending time with your wife in the morning then having lunch with your daughter and going back to see your wife in the afternoon seems the best but ofcourse it is your choice. There is always something going on in hospitals on Christmas Day so your wife if she is not too ill, which I hope she isnt, should enjoy the entertainment while your away for a little while. On the other hand you might want to enjoy it with her. Whatever you decide I hope you and your family can have as good a Christmas as circumstances allow and that your wife is back home with you very soon.

KiTChener 22-12-2017 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1206117)
It must be a difficult decision but I think the idea of spending time with your wife in the morning then having lunch with your daughter and going back to see your wife in the afternoon seems the best but ofcourse it is your choice. There is always something going on in hospitals on Christmas Day so your wife if she is not too ill, which I hope she isnt, should enjoy the entertainment while your away for a little while. On the other hand you might want to enjoy it with her. Whatever you decide I hope you and your family can have as good a Christmas as circumstances allow and that your wife is back home with you very soon.

Thanks, Rowlf, I am so grateful for all accywebbers comments on here, but what I am finding difficult will be to leave my wife, after a couple of hours, to then go to my daughter's home & not bring down the mood of their celebrations, then to rejoin my wife, without feeling that I have 'abandoned' her!
If there is any entertainment in RBH, I would rather share it with her, than be away from her, despite my daughter's best intentions.
BTW, as far as I know, my daughter is not a member on here!

Thanks again!

Gerard

Wynonie Harris 22-12-2017 21:17

Yep, that sounds a good solution...then later on, you can break it gently to your missus that you're going to Carlisle on Boxing Day! :D ;)

KiTChener 22-12-2017 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1206125)
Yep, that sounds a good solution...then later on, you can break it gently to your missus that you're going to Carlisle on Boxing Day! :D ;)

I wish!!!

Won't even make Saturday's game!

I know we are at home, but don't even know, or at the moment, care, who our opponents are!!!!

But your post did raise a much longed for smile!!

Cheers

Gerard