Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The Scum are at it again, (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-scum-are-at-it-again-69755.html)

cashman 28-12-2017 19:10

The Scum are at it again,

The two swans that have been on the canal at clayton have been killed today, shot by some mindless scum, people are going rightly mad about it on facebook, but if caught it will make very little difference imho, there is NO real deterrent if they are, the do-gooders have seen to that. makes me want to puke.

Margaret Pilkington 28-12-2017 19:12

Re: The Scum are at it again,

That makes me very very sad.
I do not get why anyone would want to harm these majestic birds.

DaveinGermany 28-12-2017 19:18

What a truly senseless thing to do! Is there any indication as to who/what is responsible for the situation?

cashman 28-12-2017 19:24

Only indication i have is someone said they had there pellet gun stolen the other week, and was told 2 lads about 15 yrs old were spotted on the canal bank with a pellet gun plus another gun, so if thats the case? then if caught they will get next to sod all and not even be named.:mad:

DaveinGermany 28-12-2017 19:29

The Country has definitely taken a downward turn, I do sometimes wonder as to how things became so twisted & where have we gone wrong. Admittedly I do have my views & opinions, same as many folk do, but it seems no one is listening.

cashman 28-12-2017 19:42

To me its taken a downward turn long ago, teachers are prevented from discipline now, respect went out the window, and no-one can enforce it any more. thats my honest view.

Margaret Pilkington 28-12-2017 20:43

I wonder if these boys have ever had pets...or do they think that it is like a video game...you shoot, you kill, but they get up and have another life.
I wish them Karma.

cashman 28-12-2017 20:47

I wont say what i wish em will probably get banned if i do.;)

ferret man 28-12-2017 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1206366)
The two swans that have been on the canal at clayton have been killed today, shot by some mindless scum, people are going rightly mad about it on facebook, but if caught it will make very little difference imho, there is NO real deterrent if they are, the do-gooders have seen to that. makes me want to puke.

What part of the cut in Clayton Cashy.

Barrie Yates 29-12-2017 00:09

We should teach them some useful trades - ship them off the places like Rockall and St Kilda with a load of timber, and other materials, basic tools and let them build their own accommodation thereby learning something useful and then leave them there for the foreseeable future

cashman 29-12-2017 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1206386)
What part of the cut in Clayton Cashy.

Near chequers mate.they been yon fer years.

monkey hanger 29-12-2017 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1206369)
What a truly senseless thing to do! Is there any indication as to who/what is responsible for the situation?

dave, sod all will be done if there is. similar thing less than 100 yards from my house when one of the 2 herons we have was shot by a couple of scroates. was filmed by someone and sent to the police. guess what, your are right sod all. good thing is another heron has mated up with the one that got away so there is a pair about again.

Restless 29-12-2017 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1206394)
Near chequers mate.they been yon fer years.

You can usually find swans and geese anywhere between Burnley road/Altham canal bridge and express gifts in Accrington

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Restless 29-12-2017 09:16

With All the burglaries happening in Accrington and Clayton and my increasing anxiety I've gone for contents insurance lately.

Now have to worry also about pets being safe too. With this morons wandering the streets

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hill Walker 29-12-2017 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1206395)
dave, sod all will be done if there is. similar thing less than 100 yards from my house when one of the 2 herons we have was shot by a couple of scroates. was filmed by someone and sent to the police. guess what, your are right sod all. good thing is another heron has mated up with the one that got away so there is a pair about again.

If a similar situation were to occur again it would probably be more effective to send the film to the RSPCA. When they were to take it to the police they would take it directly to the 'wildlife team' (or whatever your force calls them) that most forces now have. Much more chance of getting attention there than being lost in a list of drunks, shoplifting, road accidents etc.