Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Donald Trump (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/donald-trump-69956.html)

Mark2009 11-04-2018 15:41

Donald Trump

This is from BBC News. Should this man be the President of the US? He needs to be banned from Twitter.

US President Donald Trump has tweeted that Russia should "get ready" for missiles to be fired at its ally Syria, in response to an alleged chemical attack near Damascus on Saturday.
"Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and 'smart!'" Mr Trump said in his tweet.
Mark

cashman 11-04-2018 18:06

Re: Donald Trump

Why should he not be. he was voted in, like the dick CORBYN WAS VOTED IN FOR LABOUR here. also i prefer Trump to the useless prat that was before him. you obviously dont.:rolleyes:

DaveinGermany 11-04-2018 18:18

The Donald J puts the backs up of the liberals & lefties making them apopleptic & sets them frothing with self loathing! That'll do for me.

Exile on Spencer St 11-04-2018 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark2009 (Post 1211683)
...Should this man be the President of the US? He needs to be banned from Twitter.

The voice of liberal toleration, eh?
Still, blindly believing the propaganda that passes for 'news' on the BBC at least saves you having to waste brain cells thinking for yourself.
Keep sucking it down.

Mark2009 11-04-2018 19:05

Not just bbc. Also sky news, CNN, al Jazeera and russia today. Take your pick

Exile on Spencer St 11-04-2018 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark2009 (Post 1211693)
Not just bbc. Also sky news, CNN, al Jazeera and russia today. Take your pick

Agree totally. But you started this by quoting the BBC.
I have no brief for Trump, or any politician really, but you only need, right now, to check out the photo of the current President of the USA that the BBC has deliberately chosen to put on its web site. To me, it says more about the BBC than it does about Trump.

monkey hanger 12-04-2018 08:22

after 10 years of tony blair how can anyone moan about a western leader.

Margaret Pilkington 12-04-2018 09:35

There seem to be a lot of people out there talking up a conflict....and those who are doing it will(like that spawn of Satan,Tony Blair) keep their hands clean and be nowhere around when the brown stuff hits those blades.
It will be the lads and lasses of the ordinary folk who will be the ones copping for the brown stuff.

In my opinion, those who stir the spit-pot(or it sounds like that, but much dirtier) should be told that they have to lick the spoon until it is pristine.
It is all getting very scary.

Mark2009 12-04-2018 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1211715)
There seem to be a lot of people out there talking up a conflict....and those who are doing it will(like that spawn of Satan,Tony Blair) keep their hands clean and be nowhere around when the brown stuff hits those blades.
It will be the lads and lasses of the ordinary folk who will be the ones copping for the brown stuff.

In my opinion, those who stir the spit-pot(or it sounds like that, but much dirtier) should be told that they have to lick the spoon until it is pristine.
It is all getting very scary.

Totally agree Margaret, and that was the reason for my original post, not to illustrate any bias I may or may not have for the BBC. I imagine Putin will be watching any moves the West make. I just hope he doesn't feel a pre- emptive strike is the way to go. ie do it to them before they do it to us or our allies.
Mark

Margaret Pilkington 12-04-2018 11:36

Me too...it is a worry.

cashman 12-04-2018 14:24

Yer worrying fer nowt imho, remember way back Cuba? was the same crap spewed out by the media, were likely to see a world war?its all balls more than likely, its just not gonna happen in my view. be a bit of a to do, if someone bombs Syria but thats all. give oer worrying.

Margaret Pilkington 12-04-2018 18:16

Yes, I do remember Cuba....but I think that JFK was more stable than the current incumbent Cashy.

Putin and Trump are both loose cannons from my perspective.
It may only be sabre rattling, but sometimes when you rattle sabres the sparks fly....and as I said those who are rattling the sabres will be a long way away from the fallout.

Any kind of conflict would be very dirty...and would very likely not follow conventional rules.

We do not yet know for sure who conducted the chemical attack in Salisbury...but if this is the kind of thing that foreign powers are likely to perpetrate...or attack similar to that recently used by Assad's forces, then it is going to be very damaging.
Then there are the possibilities of cyber attacks on our infrastructure, power supplies, etc.
These are stealth attacks where the enemy is not as visible...can't be shot at.
Lastly, there is the nuclear option....that would see us all off.

cashman 12-04-2018 19:10

I dont honestly think loose cannons will make the slightest difference to what does or don't happen, they are no where near as loose as the crappy media make out, thats my take on things anyway.

Margaret Pilkington 12-04-2018 19:35

Well,Cashy, I do hope you are right.

Margaret Pilkington 12-04-2018 19:46

I honestly cannot see why the media would want to talk up a conflict.
What have they got to gain from it.
The media did not (as far as I am aware) create the situation in Salisbury....or for that matter, what has happened in Syria....or are you saying that the Syrian situation has been faked for the media by the non governmental organisation...the so called 'white helmets'....this is what Putin is saying. Do you believe him?
I think we are as close to a serious conflict as we have ever been in my lifetime...but I hope I am wrong.