Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2014, 09:58   #16
God Member

Re: 6th Worst Area In England

has anyone else noticed that just after an election crime is never an issue and certainly not a big issue to MPs but as soon as it starts to get nearer to election time crime becomes a hot topic.Whta iv notice happens is that the opposition usually points out how high crime figures are then both the main party say what they wont get around to doing to sort crime out.

i think the first 3 years of a MPs term is spent running around after trivial matters and lining his or her pockets and the last year is spent trying to scare the crap out of us so they can reassure us they will make it all better if elected with a few false prommises for other things sprinkled on top

the only crimes that have been got tougher on as of late are speeding and not paying your taxes which of course are both good money earners for the government.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2014, 09:50   #17
Full Member+

Out of the whole of the country how can Hyndburn be the sixth worse area for anti social behaviour? What about all the dodgy places you hear on the news all the time with all the shootings, muggings and drug crime? Moss Side in Manchester for example, or any other dodgy inner city areas. Hyndburn might have its problems but, surely doesnt even compare to those places! I don't think I've ever felt worried walking around my old stomping ground. What a stupid statistic!
Old 30-07-2014, 10:08   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Used to go down the Moss frequently in 60s, never once felt or was threatened,dont believe everything the media tell yeh.
Old 30-07-2014, 12:27   #19
Senior Member+

Try going there now.
westendlass likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 14:02   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Try going there now.
was yon last year actually was ok.
Old 30-07-2014, 17:04   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think maundy have opened up a shop there since though
cashman likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 17:58   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Did you go at night or in daylight?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 20:07   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Did you go at night or in daylight?
was early evening. but not summer,
Old 30-07-2014, 20:24   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Out of the whole of the country how can Hyndburn be the sixth worse area for anti social behaviour? What about all the dodgy places you hear on the news all the time with all the shootings, muggings and drug crime? Moss Side in Manchester for example, or any other dodgy inner city areas. Hyndburn might have its problems but, surely doesnt even compare to those places! I don't think I've ever felt worried walking around my old stomping ground. What a stupid statistic!
The statistics are crimes reported per 100 residents. If 100 people commit a crime in Hyndburn and 100 commit a crime in Moss Side, then clearly the percentage per population is greater in Hyndburn. It's only a stupid statistic for those who don't see it on a daily basis, or councillors who choose not to see it
Old 30-07-2014, 20:28   #25
Beacon of light

Statistics are meant to confuse and bamboozle....they are lies in another guise.....unless full information is given for those who view them, to make sense of the information.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 21:08   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Statistics are meant to confuse and bamboozle....they are lies in another guise.....unless full information is given for those who view them, to make sense of the information.
They certainly are n do fer many.
Old 30-07-2014, 21:46   #27

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Moss Side is in the administrative area of Greater Manchester and is not included in the police crime figures for Lancashire..it's not really about major crime anyway..it's more about antisocial stuff which although isn't usually life threatening causes misery, intimidation and fear, yet is rarely dealt with correctly by the court system..

Click find your neighbourhood and enter your postcode..I guarantee you'll be unpleasantly surprised by your local yobbishness

Police.uk
cashman likes this.
Old 31-07-2014, 10:01   #28
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I agree sometimes but that statistic is perfectly clear when you read Daves explanation. Most of the reported incidents maybe minor but there are so many minor ones they make the overall figure per population big. Don't forget what's minor to you or me might not be to the person reporting it.

I think this shows that we are very under Policed in this area. Those being reported are not being dealt with so they carry on with their anti social behaviour.

I believe St Andrews ward where I am has quite a lot of anti social reports but it includes a lot of Union Road and the problems are adults not kids in or outside the pubs. I think a lot of people tag kids with antisocial behaviour but a lot of it is adults
Old 31-07-2014, 12:38   #29
God Member

Church with Milnshaw, Lancashire Constabulary - Police.uk 94 in may in my old neck of the woods
Old 31-07-2014, 16:48   #30
God Member

Quote:
Agreed, my little shrinking violet, a few years back Kingston had one of the highest murder rates in Canada, merely because an Afghani immigrant and his son killed his three daughters and his ex, and dumped them into the Rideau Canal at Kingston Mills Locks. He was returning to his home in Montreal and decided to off his "dishonorable" daughters on the way. If memory serves me right, they were the only murders in the city that year.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..