Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2014, 17:08   #31
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: 6th Worst Area In England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I agree sometimes but that statistic is perfectly clear when you read Daves explanation. Most of the reported incidents maybe minor but there are so many minor ones they make the overall figure per population big. Don't forget what's minor to you or me might not be to the person reporting it.

I think this shows that we are very under Policed in this area. Those being reported are not being dealt with so they carry on with their anti social behaviour.

I believe St Andrews ward where I am has quite a lot of anti social reports but it includes a lot of Union Road and the problems are adults not kids in or outside the pubs. I think a lot of people tag kids with antisocial behaviour but a lot of it is adults
I hear were you are coming from, but, without enforceable law on the street things can only get worse.
When I was growing up the local policeman was just that, local.
Now if a copper sees kids he won't know them, can't tell their parents won't get any help.
Fear of parents being told has gone.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2014, 18:55   #32
God Member

Re: 6th Worst Area In England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Fear of parents being told has gone.
Teenagers. Tired of being harassed by your parents? Act now! Move out. Get a job. Pay your own way. Quick! ... While you still know everything.

Ain't original; but I like it.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 19:26   #33
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I agree sometimes but that statistic is perfectly clear when you read Daves explanation.
Neil, you are right...but the salient point is in the words 'Daves explanation'

There are some stats that are meant to bamboozle and some of the explanations are meant to confuse.
If you do not have a high level of suspicion in relation to statitics, then you are a prime target to being bamboozled.
It pays to ask what criteria were used when compiling the stats...who compiled them and who paid for them......these questions will shine light into the dark corners where the lies(or should that read terminological inexactitude?) lurk.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 20:29   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Neil, you are right...but the salient point is in the words 'Daves explanation'

There are some stats that are meant to bamboozle and some of the explanations are meant to confuse.
If you do not have a high level of suspicion in relation to statitics, then you are a prime target to being bamboozled.
It pays to ask what criteria were used when compiling the stats...who compiled them and who paid for them......these questions will shine light into the dark corners where the lies(or should that read terminological inexactitude?) lurk.
I didn't need any stats to tell me there are problems, first hand witness is fact enough for me
Old 31-07-2014, 20:40   #35
Beacon of light

and for most people Lancsdave.
They don't need to tell us what is obvious.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:54   #36
God Member

can we really expect a bunch of people whos only experience of crime is fiddling taxes,fiddling kids and stealing from the public purse to sort crime out ?

i bet most of them have only had to dial 999 when someone working class stepped onto their property

lets face it teh majority of them cant be trusted to fill in an expenses form honestly how can they set the moral standard on anything yet alone crime

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 01-08-2014 at 10:57.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:34   #37
Senior Member+

I've been trying to find the report GJ and the Observer were quoting. There are lots of reports, charts figures, all hard to follow. None fit the figures the Observer quoted. None show Hyndburn so badly.
The clearest I found was on Lancsgov, showing Total Crime Figures reported 2013/2014.
Blackpool- 115 crimes per 1000 citizens. Lots of imported yobs?
Burnley - 89.8 per 1000
Preston - 80.5 per 1000
Blackburn- 73.8 per 1000
Hyndburn- 69.7 per 1000
Lancaster- 65 per 1000
Pendle - 62.9 per 1000
Ribble Valley-31.1 per 1000

So Hyndburn isn't that good but a lot better than the 5 above it. It certainly can't be the 6th worst in England if it's down at No 5 just for Lancashire.

Has anyone found GJs source?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:57   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
I've been trying to find the report GJ and the Observer were quoting. There are lots of reports, charts figures, all hard to follow. None fit the figures the Observer quoted. None show Hyndburn so badly.
The clearest I found was on Lancsgov, showing Total Crime Figures reported 2013/2014.
Blackpool- 115 crimes per 1000 citizens. Lots of imported yobs?
Burnley - 89.8 per 1000
Preston - 80.5 per 1000
Blackburn- 73.8 per 1000
Hyndburn- 69.7 per 1000
Lancaster- 65 per 1000
Pendle - 62.9 per 1000
Ribble Valley-31.1 per 1000

So Hyndburn isn't that good but a lot better than the 5 above it. It certainly can't be the 6th worst in England if it's down at No 5 just for Lancashire.

Has anyone found GJs source?

The report is about anti-social crime rather than crime in general. You could say all crime is anti-social but this is specific to a certain type of crime.
Old 01-08-2014, 13:03   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The report is about anti-social crime rather than crime in general. You could say all crime is anti-social but this is specific to a certain type of crime.
That's where I got stuck, lancsdave, I couldn't find a report which was just about anti-social(yobs) behaviour.
Have you found it?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 13:11   #40
God Member

crimes will have been cherry picked to suit the person who made the lists adjenda
Less likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 01-08-2014, 14:36   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
That's where I got stuck, lancsdave, I couldn't find a report which was just about anti-social(yobs) behaviour.
Have you found it?
I just look out of the shop door
Gordon Booth likes this.
Old 01-08-2014, 17:15   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I just look out of the shop door
sorry mate too close to home

open a shop in gaza and then maybe HBC will take notice of your situation

better still open a shop in gaza and contract malaria they wont be able to help you fast enough

i went down accy today at 11 am and was just around the corner from your shop at the market stall.I was trying to talk to the bloke selling e-cigs but despite us only been a few feet away from each other he couldnt do a decent sales pitch because both of us were been drowned out by drunken dirt bags yelling at each other in an argument using foul language to boot infront of shoppers and their children

i honestly feel for you mate it must be hard trying to attract customers to your shop when the filth of our society is allowed to act this way unchallenged and the lack of support from the council is laughable.

bet they still collect rent or council tax from you pretty quickly though eh

Last edited by accyman; 01-08-2014 at 17:17.
Old 01-08-2014, 21:45   #43
Senior Member+

6th Worst Area In England

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
has anyone else noticed that just after an election crime is never an issue and certainly not a big issue to MPs but as soon as it starts to get nearer to election time crime becomes a hot topic.Whta iv notice happens is that the opposition usually points out how high crime figures are then both the main party say what they wont get around to doing to sort crime out.

i think the first 3 years of a MPs term is spent running around after trivial matters and lining his or her pockets and the last year is spent trying to scare the crap out of us so they can reassure us they will make it all better if elected with a few false prommises for other things sprinkled on top

the only crimes that have been got tougher on as of late are speeding and not paying your taxes which of course are both good money earners for the government.
A story I did made the front page of the DM back in 2011 in response to Clegg's 'prison doesn't work'. I also led campaign against metal thieves that changed the law .. amongst other interventions.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 13:32   #44
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: 6th Worst Area In England

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
A story I did made the front page of the DM back in 2011 in response to Clegg's 'prison doesn't work'. I also led campaign against metal thieves that changed the law .. amongst other interventions.
What story? Although we follow your career with dismay, give us details when you answer. We were read story's as children, they at least start once upon a time, cut to the middle bit for entertainment, then finish happily ever after.
Your story makes first page you can't even remind us of it, instead you put your our grids are being stolen gift from your parties high office, which was handed to you no doubt to keep you busy whilst the big boys keep you in line.

The mind boggles.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 19:16   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
sorry mate too close to home

open a shop in gaza and then maybe HBC will take notice of your situation

better still open a shop in gaza and contract malaria they wont be able to help you fast enough

i went down accy today at 11 am and was just around the corner from your shop at the market stall.I was trying to talk to the bloke selling e-cigs but despite us only been a few feet away from each other he couldnt do a decent sales pitch because both of us were been drowned out by drunken dirt bags yelling at each other in an argument using foul language to boot infront of shoppers and their children

i honestly feel for you mate it must be hard trying to attract customers to your shop when the filth of our society is allowed to act this way unchallenged and the lack of support from the council is laughable.

bet they still collect rent or council tax from you pretty quickly though eh
I'm sure there will be a public meeting that the council will forget to tell the public about to discuss it all

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..