Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2014, 11:15   #46
God Member

Re: 6th Worst Area In England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
What story?
Sealyham Terriers Saved From Extinction

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2014, 23:09   #47
Senior Member+

6th Worst Area In England

Less, I get boggled reading your incessant pessimism. Do you know anything at all about Hyndburn?

Yours, permanently disappointed.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 00:08   #48
Senior Member+

When hell is full, the condemned shall roam Accrington
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:55   #49
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Less, I get boggled reading your incessant pessimism. Do you know anything at all about Hyndburn?

Yours, permanently disappointed.
Graham I may disappoint you, that does no real harm to the Staus quo, You disappointing your constituents that will make changes.

I don't know a thing about Hyndburn mainly because whenever asked a question my local M.P. does not consider myself nor 95% of his constituents to have the nouse to think about major issues such as a referendum, due to which he attempts to fob me off with made up percentages and opinion polls that mean nothing.

Yours, a permanently ex Labour voter.

P.S. Notice how you prefer to have a go at me, rather than relieve me of my ignorance by mentioning the story?

Last edited by Less; 04-08-2014 at 07:01.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 20:56   #50
God Member

I rang the police station today to report somebody going round town and asking people if they wanted to buy jewellery from the bag he was trailing round. The police response was " we will see if anybody can come down and check it out". I'm guessing that as they didn't ask me for a description or came to see me they were busy wading through the swamp.

Last week somebody was roaming round town selling sets of chef's knives.

I reckon with a bit of time Hyndburn can claim number 1 spot and knowing the local council they will see it as some form of honour.
Old 05-08-2014, 21:29   #51
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Did you ask for an incident reference number when you reported it? They can't ignore you then and have to log it. I can't help thinking they will be trying to not log complaints to bend the figures
Old 05-08-2014, 21:33   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Did you ask for an incident reference number when you reported it? They can't ignore you then and have to log it. I can't help thinking they will be trying to not log complaints to bend the figures
No I didn't. I ring the community policing number which I was given by a previous officer of the law who attended an incident earlier this year.

I haven't actually seen a police officer in town for quite a while now.
Old 05-08-2014, 22:02   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

I haven't actually seen a police officer in town for quite a while now.
neither have the people selling dodgy or stolen gear and thats of course why they are there

its not a new problem though dave it was a couple of years ago i saw a bloke laying out a blanket full of fake tobacco and he was there some time unchallenged despite all the cctv in the area.

smack bang between greggs and the sports shop wher eall teh pedestrians have to walk through to get to the indoor and outdoor market

take the banches away and teh crooks bring a blanket to sit on

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 22:18   #54

Maybe all the police officers are queuing up for a ride in the helicopter which seems to be constantly hovering over springhill.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:20   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Maybe all the police officers are queuing up for a ride in the helicopter which seems to be constantly hovering over springhill.

its summer so they are looking for hot roofs so they can see whos growing weed

i just wish they wouldnt spend all night doing it
Alan Varrechia likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 06-08-2014, 07:42   #56
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
its summer so they are looking for hot roofs so they can see whos growing weed

i just wish they wouldnt spend all night doing it
I would have thought the hot roofs would stand out much easier in winter
Old 06-08-2014, 12:03   #57
God Member

nah most roofs unless well insualted show up as hot in winter its when they are glowing bright white in summer and stick out liek a sore thumb at night on the heat sensitive camera on teh helicoptor the police get a good idea that someones growing weed in the attic and using lamps

Old 06-08-2014, 21:01   #58
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

It's the most common crop grown around here
Old 07-08-2014, 00:23   #59
God Member

ironically a couple of years ago there was a big weed bust on pothouse lane

i thought there had been another yesterday there was loads of coppers at teh entrance to pothouse lane

turns out someone had been doing 32mph in a 30 zone

nah only kidding i dont know why they were there

Old 07-08-2014, 12:38   #60
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

They were probably laughing at the young lad who couldn't reverse up the steep bit to go around the roadworks after stopping to let a land rover up the hill. He gave up and his girlfriend had to totter over on her heels and move the traffic cone so he could set off forward

I almost fell of my bike laughing at him

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..