Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Hyndburn paperless, isn't it wonderful? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hyndburn-paperless-isnt-it-wonderful-70053.html)

Less 06-06-2018 14:23

Hyndburn paperless, isn't it wonderful?

So perusing my emails today I found one from Hyndburn Council.
It was a review of my entitlement to my rent being paid.
Severe warning that if I didn't reply with a month it would be cancelled, I couldn't help noticing that suddenly from a Mr. they now refer to me as a Ms.
Anyhow I opened their review & here's what they wanted
1/ council reference number (no brainer it was included in the email title).
2/ valid email address (should again be no prob without it I wouldn't have got the email).
3/ phone number, O.K. been a year or so and I'd forgotten to update to my number. Though I can't ever remember them ringing me.
4/Have you circumstances changed? My answer no.
5a/Are your circumstances going to change in the next 6 months? Not that I know of if I could predict that I would be banned from doing the lotto.
5b/What will be the changes and when?

Being a loyal citizen I fill it out & pressed send. Immediately I was told YOU MUST ENTER A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.

I don't know about you but to my mind, if I received their email my address must be good?

They refuse to accept it, maybe I should write to them pointing out the problem?

At the same time I could point out I'm not a Ms. On second thoughts, easier to go through a sex change than try to tell them they've made a mistake.

cashman 06-06-2018 14:58

Re: Hyndburn paperless, isn't it wonderful?

Half of yon lot that work yon, Put there brain in a budgie, it would fly backwards.:rolleyes:

Barrie Yates 08-06-2018 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1214009)
Half of yon lot that work yon, Put there brain in a budgie, it would fly backwards.:rolleyes:

Don't you mean Swim backwards.

russthemink 11-06-2018 11:31

Maybe you should just be grateful youre getting your rent paid and do whats asked. Seems a small price to pay to me.

Gremlin 11-06-2018 11:53

I got an email asking me to confirm that I was still entitled to 25.% discount for single occupancy.
I filled the form in and sent it off.
Two days later I got a similar email so I filled it in but it wasn’t accepted.
I rang up to find out what’s going on. The lady who took the call said she would put me through to the relevant department and then hung up.

Then I got a letter containing my full Council tax bill minus the 25%.
I’d already received it via email weeks ago and printed it and filed it.
Arse and elbow spring to mind.

Mark2009 11-06-2018 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by russthemink (Post 1214111)
Maybe you should just be grateful youre getting your rent paid and do whats asked. Seems a small price to pay to me.

Rent rebate is not a charity that we should touch our forelocks and be grateful for. It is a right.

Mark

Less 11-06-2018 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by russthemink (Post 1214111)

Maybe you should remove your head from your rear end, take a few breaths of fresh air and get some oxygen into your brain cells?
Had you done so earlier you might have noticed, I was trying to do what was asked it's them that failed.
As for being grateful, I am grateful, grateful that I worked 50 or so years which entitles me in retirement to have this payment which isn't a benefit but a right.

cashman 11-06-2018 18:08

Less ignore hes a complete pillock.:rolleyes:

Less 11-06-2018 18:35

By the way, I'd been trying to fill the form in from my mobile, tried again today from my lap top, lo & behold it accepted my email address, yippee.
However on the downside, it refused to recognise my phone number!