Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Tattoos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/tattoos-70120.html)

dotti34 08-08-2018 00:10

Tattoos

What is this obsession with tattoos? Don’t get me wrong, I think a tattoo can be very decorative and as a matter-of-fact not long ago when I was in a bit of a mood I thought of getting one myself, just a little one on my ankle. I thought it would spark me up a bit.

Couldn’t decide between a red-back spider and a rose, which for an old woman at my age would have been more appropriate. Never being an ‘appropriate’ sort of person I couldn’t make up my mind so I bought a box of chocolates and a bottle of Baileys and by the time I had consumed these I had got out of my mood and forgot about the tattoo.

However, so many bodies these days are absolutely covered with tattoos and although they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder I really can’t see anything beautiful about a body full of ink.

Still I guess it’s every person’s right to do what they want with their bodies but what happens when they run out of skin?

Would be interesting to hear other’s opinions.

cashman 08-08-2018 05:39

Re: Tattoos

Dotti tattoos look very good to many,thing is when you get a fair bit older, they dont, i say that from experience, i have many on both arms, also had em on both hands, until i decided that they looked a real mess, so i had em, removed by laser, would have done it years sooner, but it was skin grafts back then, which i thought looked worse than the tattoos, thing young uns should bear in mind if they get the same though as i did,is the simple fact it cost thousands to have em removed and its also more painful than having em on. So my advice to any young un thinking of it, is "DON'T BOTHER"

Margaret Pilkington 08-08-2018 06:30

I hate them.
I think the current trend for covering every visible inch of skin with drawings is appalling.
I have not seen any tattoo and thought WOW that is beautiful.

I do not think you can improve on what you were born with.
I would NEVER consider being tattooed.....not in a million years.

And what about these daft girls who have the names of their children tattooed on the back of their neck.
What is that all about.

If the people who are getting tattoos had been born with a birthmark in the place that they are being tattooed....they would be queueing up for the NHS to take it off.

Everyone to their own....and this is just my opinion....which is not worth much.

monkey hanger 08-08-2018 09:27

the one thing that i find off putting is a tattoo. for me its like having a bad scar on your body. the last thing i would ever have even if they paid me. apart from putting tattoos of their kids on themselves some get their girlfriend/boyfriends names as well. might well get a blind inserted in em with all christian names on so they can just turn it to the correct name for the day.

gpick24 08-08-2018 11:04

There’s quite a few in my family with tattoos, not a fan of them myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gremlin 08-08-2018 13:37

I had my girlfriends name tattooed on my forearm in 1959 when I was stationed in Portsmouth during my national service.
When I came home on my second leave she gave me the engagement ring back and went off with another chap.

Less 08-08-2018 15:41

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...toos-3210.html

Margaret Pilkington 08-08-2018 16:12

That was an interesting read.
I wonder where all those posters are now.

Less 08-08-2018 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1215776)
That was an interesting read.
I wonder where all those posters are now.

Some where the original 'silver surfers' and are sadly no longer with us, others weren't that old and have moved on only to be harassed on Facebook instead of staying here to let me do it in my more kindly way.

Margaret Pilkington 08-08-2018 21:26

Yes Less...I know some of them we have lost through their passing.
As for the others....well,they made the choice...so they have to live with it.

monkey hanger 09-08-2018 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1215764)
I had my girlfriends name tattooed on my forearm in 1959 when I was stationed in Portsmouth during my national service.
When I came home on my second leave she gave me the engagement ring back and went off with another chap.

might get an OPEN TO OFFERS tattoo on my forearm.

dotti34 09-08-2018 09:14

Oops! I should have checked first if there had been a previous thread on this subject and then I should really have re-opened that one. Sorry about that. I found the comments on that thread very interesting – and of interest were the posters themselves. Like you, Margaret, I have no interest in Facebook – but greatly enjoy being a member of Accyweb.

cashman 09-08-2018 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti34 (Post 1215812)
Oops! I should have checked first if there had been a previous thread on this subject and then I should really have re-opened that one. Sorry about that. I found the comments on that thread very interesting – and of interest were the posters themselves. Like you, Margaret, I have no interest in Facebook – but greatly enjoy being a member of Accyweb.

Dont think yeh would have found it dotti, was started 2004, i had forgot about it lol

DaveinGermany 11-08-2018 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1215809)
might get an OPEN TO OFFERS tattoo on my forearm.

I'd suggest you wear long sleeves if you're tootling arond Canal Street in Mankchister! :D

MoreJoe 12-08-2018 01:27

3 Attachment(s)
From the intellectual elite no doubt?