Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Texting (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/texting-70126.html)

Gremlin 10-08-2018 16:01

Texting

We are constantly seeing advice on TV about not texting and driving and maybe seen posts online of people bumping into lampposts or tripping up while texting.
I’ve just been told about a girl who’s family I know, she was in year one of medical studies at University and was jogging on the canal Bank on Tuesday while texting.
She wasn’t taking too much notice of where she was going and tripped and fell into the canal. Her body went into shock and she drowned.
Her phone was found on the bank with a partly written text unsent.
I hope this serves as a warning to others who text and jog, you could trip on a badly laid footpath and go under car for one example.
The sad occurrence was not local to Hyndburn.

cashman 10-08-2018 16:04

Re: Texting

What a shame, aint surprised though one walked in front of my car on Blackburn Rd a couple of months ago doing exactly the same. Damn good job i wasn't doing the same.

Margaret Pilkington 10-08-2018 17:18

How sad.
A life lost that could have helped others in need.
I feel desperately sorry for her family.

Big Joe 11-08-2018 16:22

My youngest daughter and I are very similar in manner which means we often rub each other up the wrong way. My wife and I were going on our jollies and the youngest offered to drop us at the airport. Now she is not a morning person so she turned up late, stressed and crabby. So we are hurtling along the M62 the wife sat in the back head in her hands. My daughter starts texting, shes actually very good and can type extraordinarily quickly with one hand EVEN WHILE DRIVING!!!!. I point out that its probably not such a good idea, she speeding not really looking at the road. She growls back at me so seeing where this can lead I shut up. The journey resumes and we arrive at our destination. On our return to the UK my wife and I had to feign surprise when our daughter couldn't believe she had got a speeding ticket!! I would like to say that she a learned a lesson. Sadly I think not!!

Gremlin 11-08-2018 16:32

She was lucky to only get a speeding ticket.
You could all have had your names in the bereavement column.
What a stupid girl.

Hill Walker 11-08-2018 16:40

What gets me is the black look you get when one falls over the front of your car when you are waiting patiently to exit a side road into a traffic stream. Naturally of course you end up missing the only break in the traffic whilst they pick themselves up.

Big Joe 11-08-2018 16:48

I love her to bits but Gremlin you are absolutely correct. incredibly stupid. Oh and Hill I find putting on the washers and wipers gets rid of unwanted bodies!!!

monkey hanger 12-08-2018 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1215988)
She was lucky to only get a speeding ticket.
You could all have had your names in the bereavement column.
What a stupid girl.

the thing is they just cannot help themselves. do not get it myself but its the way the world is going. like a load of zombies walking around any shopping area in the country.