Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Thanks Accy Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/thanks-accy-web-70411.html)

Gremlin 02-02-2019 09:20

Thanks Accy Web

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Accy Web for sending me 80th birthday greetings.
I'ts going to be a great day with friends and family meeting in Todmorden for a party at a local hotel.

I get to Accrington once or twice a week so say "Hello" if you see me.

cashman 02-02-2019 09:33

Re: Thanks Accy Web

Have a great day sunshine.:)

Margaret Pilkington 02-02-2019 11:04

Russell, hope you have a fantastic day doing just what you want.
I hope your day is full of good things(and not all gifts can be wrapped in paper...some come wrapped in a warm hug) sharing your day with the people you love.
Many Happy Returns of the Day Russell.

Gremlin 02-02-2019 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1223746)
Russell, hope you have a fantastic day doing just what you want.
I hope your day is full of good things(and not all gifts can be wrapped in paper...some come wrapped in a warm hug) sharing your day with the people you love.
Many Happy Returns of the Day Russell.

Thank you very much Margaret.
I’ve told the twenty guests “no presents”. Just joining us for a celebratory meal will be enough.
There is nothing I want that I would expect friends and relations to buy for me.
We have sent the menu back to the hotel with all the guests requirements so they can all be served together. Saying “me”. It’s Marlene who has organised it for me.
We eat at the Queen hotel a lot and the egg chips and grilled tomatoes which I always have are not bad at all.
The guests can have whatever they want but I’m happy with my choice.

Thanks again.

Russell of spring.

Margaret Pilkington 02-02-2019 13:09

There comes a time in life when 'things' are a burden.
It is feelings, memories and the warmth friends that count.
Enjoy what you like Russell....after all it IS your day.

hilleluk 02-02-2019 15:04

Happy Birthday from me too Gremlin,

Shurm 02-02-2019 16:27

Have a great Birthday

DaveinGermany 02-02-2019 17:49

All the best Fella, enjoy! :)

ossy kid 03-02-2019 00:25

Hope you had a grand birthday Gremlin, all the best to you.

grammarlad 06-02-2019 09:07

Lucky lad! I was 80 last year but somehow missed the greeting from Accyweb. Mind you, I left Burnley Road in 1957 when I received a personal invitation from the Queen to join her excellent armed services, and once out there in the wider world realised that I could never return. Looking at the state of the "improvements" in the town centre, I was wise not to come back. BUT - I'm still proud of my Lancashire roots and still toast HM with the "Duke of Lancaster" response.

Margaret Pilkington 06-02-2019 09:55

If your birthdate is recorded on your profile then(and if I have this wrong, I am sure someone will correct me) you should get an automatically generated Birthday greeting.
Anyway Grammar lad...happy 80 th for last year.

As for the improvements (!) you are spot on....there is nothing worth coming to see in Accrington....regardless of that publication 'Amazing Accrington'.
It used to be a very good place to come to.
Good market, some interesting independent shops....and people who were the salt of the earth.
Alas now all gone....well, there are still some salt of the earth folk about, but there are lots of the other kind too.

Less 06-02-2019 15:50

Where are the salt of the earth folk?
I looked forward to retirement, thoughts of days spent either in the local, enjoying the company of other retired folk or else taking a few trips out, I believe it's known as leisure time.
Instead the pubs of an afternoon are full of spoilt brats of all ages making the time seem like being in a school full of retards, as for travelling, it seems to be a disease spread throughout the bastard class, (can't call them unemployed they are too busy ensuring they are unemployable and making a long deserved rest intolerable).
If you know of a pub that opens in the afternoon and welcomes normal folk, please P.M. me it's name don't put it on here, the idiots might just get to know of it and ruin it.

Margaret Pilkington 06-02-2019 17:43

Well, Less...I know a few salt of the earth folk....you know the kind of people who will give you a helping hand.
There are a number of these currently helping a family member who was diagnosed with a terminal illness just a few months ago?
Alas I do not know of any pub that would fit your criteria.
Maybe you should lower your expectations Less.

Less 07-02-2019 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1223861)
Maybe you should lower your expectations Less.

I am trying to higher my expectations and perhaps my life span these idiots are dangerous.

cashman 07-02-2019 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1223869)
I am trying to higher my expectations and perhaps my life span these idiots are dangerous.

Have to say i'm glad i cant drink so dont go down any more, its wall to wall scumbags these days.