Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   in the market hall today (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/in-the-market-hall-today-70420.html)

shillelagh 07-02-2019 18:56

in the market hall today

7 Attachment(s)
well I was in the market hall today and something strange … the benches that were in the middle of the market hall that people used to sit and natter on they've disappeared … and a couple of stands have appeared in their place … luckily I had camera with me … :D plus on the balcony theres a few stands …

cashman 07-02-2019 19:16

Re: in the market hall today

Yeh i was shopping this morning and walked in for a sit down for a few mins, they were gone, still HBC have a track record for taking away what little there is to benefit people.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 07-02-2019 19:23

I was down town, but I did not go into the Market Hall.
Will have a look in there tomorrow.
Looks like there is going to be some kind of exhibition....maybe the seats will be back once the exhibition(or whatever) is over.
Nice pics Jen.

shillelagh 07-02-2019 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1223898)
Yeh i was shopping this morning and walked in for a sit down for a few mins, they were gone, still HBC have a track record for taking away what little there is to benefit people.:rolleyes:

I didn't see you .. and I was in the market hall 10am - 1pm … :D

shillelagh 07-02-2019 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1223901)
I was down town, but I did not go into the Market Hall.
Will have a look in there tomorrow.
Looks like there is going to be some kind of exhibition....maybe the seats will be back once the exhibition(or whatever) is over.
Nice pics Jen.

thanks Margaret .. im in the market hall up on the balcony tomorrow 10am - 1pm again …. :D

Ryewolf90 07-02-2019 21:10

That's really odd, I was in the Market Hall a week or so ago and the benches were there....

shillelagh 07-02-2019 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 (Post 1223913)
That's really odd, I was in the Market Hall a week or so ago and the benches were there....

they were there last Friday ….

cashman 08-02-2019 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1223910)
I didn't see you .. and I was in the market hall 10am - 1pm … :D

Probably cos most of it was shut jen plus i walked straight back out cos i had nowhere to sit.

monkey hanger 08-02-2019 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1223898)

you could always be run by bradford where they shut the toilets up in keighley market a few years ago. seats are a help but toilets are the most important for me nowadays.

ferret man 08-02-2019 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1223940)
you could always be run by bradford where they shut the toilets up in keighley market a few years ago. seats are a help but toilets are the most important for me nowadays.

Preferably with seats on

AccyMad 08-02-2019 12:16

There's a story doing the rounds on Facebook that the benches will not be put back & that their removal is to make room for a bar to be installed which will be used in conjunction with all the events being planned around the town square

cashman 08-02-2019 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1223951)
There's a story doing the rounds on Facebook that the benches will not be put back & that their removal is to make room for a bar to be installed which will be used in conjunction with all the events being planned around the town square

That would not surprise me at all with our useless council.:rolleyes:

Bob Dobson 08-02-2019 16:44

There is a licensed bar in Chorley Market - in fact it occupies two stalls - called The Bob Inn. It is only open when the market hall is open.

accybeme 23-02-2019 11:28

Still miss the seats in the market hall, I understand the market hall is making a loss of £110,000 a year, and the valuable space where the benches were can be put to use to reduce the annual loss,
But I understand that deck chairs cloaked in colourful adverts will be provide somewhere in the market hall
I can’t see myself being able to arise from such a contraption and wonder if any Red Cross staff will be employed to assist

cashman 23-02-2019 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1224620)
Still miss the seats in the market hall, I understand the market hall is making a loss of £110,000 a year, and the valuable space where the benches were can be put to use to reduce the annual loss,
But I understand that deck chairs cloaked in colourful adverts will be provide somewhere in the market hall
I can’t see myself being able to arise from such a contraption and wonder if any Red Cross staff will be employed to assist

Thats the whole point deckchairs are no way suitable for many elderly people or disabled for that matter, this perfectly demonstrates to all but the simple minded how USELESS our council has become at figuring things out imho.:(