Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Corona Virus (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/corona-virus-70938.html)

cashman 01-02-2020 19:42

Re: Corona Virus

thats typical of the snowflakes in the media, most people wish em well and soon recover dont matter a stuff there authenticity.

DaveinGermany 01-02-2020 20:14

1 Attachment(s)
Ooh, I think I might be poorly soon! Will have to book in sick ....

Jimmy Clitheroe 02-02-2020 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1236661)
Not saying they are, but a lot of media outlets don't mention (aren't allowed) peoples ethnicity in case of being slated as "Ist", unless of course it's a white male then they're fair game.

Kind of like how a poor newsreader gets treated.....

a black man calls a white man an ape that's an insult
a white man calls a black man an ape that's racist...

and people wonder why we're fed up with it all

Margaret Pilkington 02-02-2020 08:07

Alistair Stewart should be reinstated immediately....it was a total politically correct knee jerk reaction.
What is wrong with thin skinned folk these days....can't they shrug off what they feel are insults.
All I can say is that they must be very insecure people.

Exile on Spencer St 05-03-2020 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1236585)
The situation is serious, but it needs to be put into perspective...and right now it is forcing the news of Brexit out of news bulletins(to a degree)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1236591)
Brexit will never be out of the news, the media will see to that....

You couldn’t make it up but those congenital Remoaners, the Libdums, just can’t help making idiots of themselves.
https://facts4eu.org/news/2020_mar_coronavirus

Margaret Pilkington 05-03-2020 14:43

I am not sure what the scores on the doors are regarding the Covid19 virus right now,but the population of the UK is around 60.7 million.....so if we have 85-100 cases it is not worthy of all this panic.
Panic that is being generated by the media.
If you are under 60 years old and you get this you have a 98% chance of a full recovery.
If you are over 60 (or have other complex medical problems)then you have an 85% chance of a full,recovery if you catch this.
You may not get it at all.
It is time that people started using their brains and putting things into perspective.
No...I am not saying that this infection does not have the POTENTIAL TO KILL.
it does in the same way that I have the potential to become a millionaire.

Take precautions, be sensible, but let's live cheerful, not fearful....experts have been wrong in the past.

RainbowSix 06-03-2020 06:12

Given the way one Chinese guy has already been treated and he didn't even have the sniffles, publishing their names would be like saying to the stupid thugs out there "hey - here is someone who you can go harass, beat up and burn down"...

It would be like a KKK revival meeting outside their house.

Do the government publish the names of everyone that gets the flu every year? (no)
As far as I know that kills over 600 people every year.

cashman 06-03-2020 08:21

As usual the public in general are overeacting to this virus, with panic buying, i know of one family that have cancelled a £5000 grand holiday they have lost the money. everone has been told its more dodgy for people of my age and older, but the chances of getting it are VERY small. we go away in 2 weeks time and i sure aint cancelling.

Margaret Pilkington 06-03-2020 08:55

Live Cheerful, Not fearful Cashy.
Have a great time...we are only here once.

Margaret Pilkington 06-03-2020 08:56

If it has your number on it, it will get you...where ever you are.

Hill Walker 06-03-2020 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1237875)
As usual the public in general are overeacting to this virus,

On this day in this country: Your chances of catching this virus is about the same as your chances of being involved in a serious road accident. As for dying from it, about the same as a really big lottery win.

Obviously this will change with the passage of time but how much and when is not yet properly predictable. People have very poor ability to judge risk, this adds to the Lemming Effect, and panic buying is one consequence.

monkey hanger 06-03-2020 10:57

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;
Panic that is being generated by the media.

or is it just good for sales and viewing figures. would have been interesting to have seen the present day media reaction to the dunkirk evacuation and bombing raids on britain. do not worry folks, the virus has not hit love island yet and there is time for it to be cleared up before that jungle starts up next november.

cashman 06-03-2020 11:45

was on telly this morning some hand gel which retails at £3-odd, is selling for £130 odd quid on Amazon. obviousy some dickheads will pay it.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 06-03-2020 12:35

If you really wanted to make something that would give you some added protection(hand washing is the best though)....you could do worse than adding ten drops of lavender oil and ten drops of tea tree into 100 MLS of water, put it into a micro spray bottle.
Spray this on your hands(shake before use) don't over wet....and rub your hand together until they dry.
It is important to realise that over use of hand gels and antibacs can get rid of you natural friendly bacteria, leaving the way open for more dangerous bugs.

It is really all about PERSPECTIVE.
Everyday life has risks attached to it....risks that we hardly give a thought to....the current media coverage is magnifying the risks and creating anxiety and panic.

DaveinGermany 06-03-2020 21:56

A couple of bottles of Domestos should cover all eventualities & Beer, stay home drinking Beer (other beverages are available, but don't taste as good) & I reckon you'll be right! :)