Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Corona Virus (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/corona-virus-70938.html)

cashman 24-11-2020 12:51

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1247200)
there are a lot of comments on news sites about the 'selfish people' 'the idiots' 'the anti vaxxers' who do not wish to be vaccinated... it has not been said on here.....no-one has actually said it to me in person...but I do not doubt that it will happen. I suppose it is called peer pressure.
No you haven't missed anything Cashy.

also i doubt very much it will happen people like that are normally GUTLESS in my view.

Margaret Pilkington 24-11-2020 12:58

I hope you are right, but I am waiting...and ready for if it does happen.

monkey hanger 25-11-2020 09:24

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1247200]there are a lot of comments on news sites about the 'selfish people' 'the idiots' 'the anti vaxxers' who do not wish to be vaccinated...

trying to ban on social media people who are labelled as anti vaxers giving their position on the subject would only make anyone wonder what the government are actually scared of. if these 3 different vaccinations were so good without any problems whatsoever then whats the problem. they themselves have created a problem where if you are a self styled scientific expert from somewhere in arazona with a you tube video you may be believed more than the government after the last few months. the way forward is all sides to give their facts and arguments and let the population decide on what they do as individuals. mind you i do not know whats worse now being an individual or anything else.

Jimmy Clitheroe 28-11-2020 23:14

Will Qantas (and probably all other airlines and 'travel providers') openly discriminate against people who's religious beliefs preclude them from using vaccines ? .... if they do they will in breach of anti-discrimination laws - if they don't it will make a mockery of the whole ethos of preventing the spread of the virus.

People choose whether or not t smoke knowing the consequences or to drink or to over eat - surely that right of choice should be afforded to those who do not wish to have an unproven vaccine squirted into their veins.

monkey hanger 29-11-2020 08:06

[QUOTE=Jimmy Clitheroe;1247339]Will Qantas (and probably all other airlines and 'travel providers') openly discriminate against people who's religious beliefs preclude them from using vaccines ? .... if they do they will in breach of anti-discrimination laws -

they will have to do as it will make a total mockery of what else has gone on in 2020. a year of diversity, equality for all , and the thoughts of minorities being the ones that the majority have to follow.

Margaret Pilkington 29-11-2020 08:06

Qantas is a very poor choice of airline anyway.
I have flown with them in the past but there are better airlines to fly with if you really need to get to the other side of the world.....better services, better prices with smilier personnel on board.
Qantas is probably the last on my list of airlines to fly with.
Not that I will be flying anywhere soon, no passport, no desire, no need.

Margaret Pilkington 29-11-2020 08:08

Oh, and by the way Jimmy....if they squirt the vaccine into your veins, they are doing it wrong....and you have got a binmen doing your vaccination(no disrespect mean5 to binmen...they do a sterling job....of emptying bins)

monkey hanger 29-11-2020 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1247344)
Oh, and by the way Jimmy....if they squirt the vaccine into your veins, they are doing it wrong....and you have got a binmen doing your vaccination(no disrespect mean5 to binmen...they do a sterling job....of emptying bins)

they are short of binmen anyway so who else are going to do the job. just wonder what their plans are anyway to get a population vaccinated with medical staff doing other jobs anyway. wonder if the 24 hour day will be increased to 36 as a temporary virus measure.

cashman 29-11-2020 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1247346)
they are short of binmen anyway so who else are going to do the job. just wonder what their plans are anyway to get a population vaccinated with medical staff doing other jobs anyway. wonder if the 24 hour day will be increased to 36 as a temporary virus measure.

nurses at docs surgerys do it they did our flu jabs dont see a big problem.

Margaret Pilkington 29-11-2020 14:03

They have enlisted SJAB volunteers....it isn't hard to do.
and whatever happens they who give it will not be responsible for any issues relating to the vaccination.

I won't be putting on my uniform back on anytime soon.

RainbowSix 29-11-2020 14:58

They are likely to get group4 involved, those muppets can't do security so surely they must be able to give out jabs lol

TBH I really dont fancy having it, its too soon - I don't want to find that in 10 years time I can't walk except for like a zombie, I Have only 1 working lung and my dingdong falls off because they rushed a vaccine. :)

Margaret Pilkington 29-11-2020 16:07

Rainbow six....you need to weigh up the risks....
It has a lesser mortality rate than seasonal flu.....I do not have the flu vaccine, and won’t be having this one either.
I look after my own health.
I take Vitamin d, vitamin C....and since the pandemic I have added zinc and I gargle twice a day with Listerine mouthwash(this is not a proven measure, but if you use alcohol sanitiser on your hands, this is like that too, but for your throat and Naso pharynx....Where bugs and bacteria like to lurk).
But those who wish to have the vaccination do so because they trust what they are being told...I don’t.
Please do not let that put you off though.

cashman 29-11-2020 16:19

its up to each individual no one else simple as.

Margaret Pilkington 29-11-2020 17:42

yes...and that is eactly how it should be Cashy...as long as this stance does not change...or is subverted....and by that I mean made compulsory by the back door....e'g' can't travel unless vaccinated, can't go to venues etc...
There are a lot of people who have reservations...and it is OK saying well let's see the PM get his dose...they could be giving him a dose of sterile water.
( I just do not trust anyone anymore)

cashman 29-11-2020 17:57

Doubt very much it will be compulsory cant see it at all.though if yeh need it to go anywhere it wouldnt bother me in the slightest.