Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   No Chat. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/no-chat-71196.html)

taddy 04-07-2020 16:42

No Chat.

What ! no chat for two days ? has everyone come off the wagon just because the pubs, (some of them),have re-opened.:D:D
Your's as ever, the Luddite.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 04-07-2020 17:16

Re: No Chat.

No Taddy....pick a subject and we will post to it.
It just seems like it is the same old, same old.
As for the pubs...who wants to go into pubs that have only six people in there...or that take your name and address at the door...want to log you onto Track and trace.
Going out for a drink should be a spontaneous event...not one that you have to book.

I am not se desperate for a beer(or any other alcoholic drink for that matter) that I will be doing any of that any time soon.

See, there you go...that has started something!

cashman 04-07-2020 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1241717)
What ! no chat for two days ? has everyone come off the wagon just because the pubs, (some of them),have re-opened.:D:D
Your's as ever, the Luddite.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

thats cos yer not a football fan taddy, its reduced yeh but every day theres still a bit.;)

monkey hanger 05-07-2020 08:04

there is no chat because most of us are singing from the same hymn sheet and just going round in circles. we need some avid remainers, BLM supporters and a few left wing flotsom and jetsom to post.

Hill Walker 05-07-2020 08:51

Probably all either :-
1) In a queue for the barber/hair shop.
2) Looking for bargins in winter vests or similar.
3) Trying to get a good entry for "Today in Pictures"

or

Having gone out have got lost and are seeking directions home.

taddy 05-07-2020 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1241719)
No Taddy....pick a subject and we will post to it.
It just seems like it is the same old, same old.
As for the pubs...who wants to go into pubs that have only six people in there...or that take your name and address at the door...want to log you onto Track and trace.
Going out for a drink should be a spontaneous event...not one that you have to book.

I am not se desperate for a beer(or any other alcoholic drink for that matter) that I will be doing any of that any time soon.

See, there you go...that has started something!

Only six people in there? just click onto the BBC news to see a bunch of morons celebrating in their hundreds standing a few inches apart, next step a spike and another lockdown. Hobgoblin at home for me for the forseable future.
Or to quote my mate,"if the bottom is falling out of your world, then drink three or four pints of real ale and the world will then fall out of your bottom".
Stay happy, stay safe, Your's, the Luddite.

Margaret Pilkington 05-07-2020 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hill Walker (Post 1241731)
Probably all either :-
1) In a queue for the barber/hair shop.
2) Looking for bargins in winter vests or similar.
3) Trying to get a good entry for "Today in Pictures"

or

Having gone out have got lost and are seeking directions home.

No...none of that stuff for me.
The new shopping rules have made shoppng a chore.
I am not so fond of beer that I would book to get a drink. To sit in morbid isolation....surely there can be no ambience in a pub with only six or eight patrons........and I would not dream of taking out even my little compact camera in the wet that we had yesterday.......
So it seems that I might just have resigned from the human race...well for the foreseeable future anyway.

monkey hanger 06-07-2020 07:57

done my back in again last night. still blame all those evil daimler buses that were bought in the 60,s and 70,s. had to go on one knee to feed the dogs this morning.

Margaret Pilkington 06-07-2020 09:24

Monkey Hanger, it needs rubbing with a strange hand....but social distancing forbids such a practice.

Anyway, as long as you were only on one knee to feed the dogs and not emulating Lewis Hamilton.....that's alright.

On that note, it was good to see 4 F1 drivers making their own choice rather than following the sheep.....baaaa!

taddy 06-07-2020 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1241737)
done my back in again last night. still blame all those evil daimler buses that were bought in the 60,s and 70,s. had to go on one knee to feed the dogs this morning.

They wouldn't be "Black Labradors" would they ? ;);)

Exile on Spencer St 06-07-2020 17:07

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1241740)
Anyway, as long as you were...not emulating Lewis Hamilton.....that's alright.
On that note, it was good to see 4 F1 drivers making their own choice rather than following the sheep.....baaaa!

I have no interest in motor racing but someone sent me this (apologies for the grammar)...

cashman 06-07-2020 17:30

i sent around exile but not to you,:D

Margaret Pilkington 06-07-2020 21:21

It is time someone educated this ignorant man.(child)

monkey hanger 07-07-2020 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1241742)
They wouldn't be "Black Labradors" would they ? ;);)

no, alaskan malamute husky cross and a rottweiler doberman cross.

monkey hanger 07-07-2020 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1241749)
I have no interest in motor racing but someone sent me this (apologies for the grammar)...

always wondered where that chain for our old outside toilet went to.