Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Dambusters Dog (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/dambusters-dog-71227.html)

taddy 17-07-2020 08:49

Dambusters Dog

I have read this morning that the RAF have removed the name of Guy Gibsons black labrador from his grave stone at RAF Scampton,the name of the dog is well known throughout the United Kingdom and beyond, the name "Nigger" may be erased from his headstone but will never be erased from peoples memories.
What the hell is going on in this (once) proud country of ours. Senior RAF officials should take the knee and hang their heads in shame.

Your's an upset and very disgusted Taddy.

landhusweg 17-07-2020 09:01

Re: Dambusters Dog

Hi taddy,
Couldn't agree more! This "B.L.M." is spiralling out of control. What will come next?

Cheers

Margaret Pilkington 17-07-2020 10:28

what will come next...revolution.

cashman 17-07-2020 10:38

I honestly think a revolution is the only way with these sort of things. i sincerly hope one happens.

taddy 17-07-2020 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242072)
I honestly think a revolution is the only way with these sort of things. i sincerly hope one happens.

If revolution happens I will be the one seen shoving a wheelbarrow.:D:D

monkey hanger 18-07-2020 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242072)

not sure if it will go as far as a revolution but can see a backlash over all this. on the surface of it you can say its only a change in a plaque but it could be the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of us. next thing will be the film the dambusters being placed on the banned film list. richard todd dares say the dogs name and surely the usual upset brigade will be spouting on about those poor germans having to suffer those nasty sneaky bouncing bombs being dropped on em. when i was a kid we actually had a dog called blackie. guess what, the thing was actually black. later today i,m going to strike off my parents from my family tree for their non thinking vile act.

monkey hanger 18-07-2020 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1242063)

Your's an upset and very disgusted Taddy.

so you should be taddy and the rest of us as well. will this total rubbish ever end.

Margaret Pilkington 18-07-2020 13:41

A young lass who was crowned 'Miss Swimsuit" has had her title removed because she posted on some social media platform 'All lives Matter'.....so does this platform now think that only black lives matter.....and can this be acceptable?.To have a trial by social media.
To have 'woke' individuals decide what you can and cannot say and think.

cashman 18-07-2020 13:58

its to me has gotten to the stage of complete RIDICULE, i just wish these kind of people could see how STUPID they have become.

taddy 18-07-2020 14:01

1 Attachment(s)
This is a photo of Niggers old and new headstones , I only managed to upload it with my daughters help,sadly this may be the one and only time that I manage it.
Stay happy, the Lancashire Luddite.

Margaret Pilkington 18-07-2020 14:15

Well done Taddy....helped or not...you tried to do it....it gets easier with practice and I have posted stay by step instructions.

Margaret Pilkington 18-07-2020 14:17

Sad that it was considered necessary to do this.
What delicate sensibilities those who were offended by the original must have...you have to feel sorry for them in their frailty.

cashman 18-07-2020 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1242156)
Sad that it was considered necessary to do this.
What delicate sensibilities those who were offended by the original must have...you have to feel sorry for them in their frailty.

i wouldnt feel sorry for em i would slap em across their stupid chops.if they dared say owt to me,

Hill Walker 18-07-2020 15:23

Monday 20th July
Film4 16:35-19:05
The Dam Busters
(1955) Michael Anderson's classic drama about Barnes Wallis and the bouncing bombs he invented during WWII. Historically accurate language, that some may now find racially offensive. [S] Film/Drama

Margaret Pilkington 18-07-2020 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242157)
i wouldnt feel sorry for em i would slap em across their stupid chops.if they dared say owt to me,

Yes Cashy.....and you would be the villain because the loony, hand wringing liberals cannot take such insults.