Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   something wrong. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/something-wrong-71510.html)

cashman 25-09-2021 09:52

Re: something wrong.

[QUOTE=taddy;1257947]
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1257912)
Can't get better than homemade jams & preserves, you're a lucky fella seeing as your Missus still does traditional things.

I am with you 100% on that Dave, she has been looking after me for the last 68 years (we have been married for 64 of them); we were as they say "childhood sweethearts", Hazel was 14 and I was 16 when we met in 1963.

well do yeh think it will last then taddy?:D

DaveinGermany 25-09-2021 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1257947)
"childhood sweethearts", Hazel was 14 and I was 16 when we met in 1963.

I wasn't even a twinkle in the eye, let alone born all those long years ago! :D

Margaret Pilkington 25-09-2021 19:17

[QUOTE=taddy;1257947]
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1257912)
Can't get better than homemade jams & preserves, you're a lucky fella seeing as your Missus still does traditional things.

I am with you 100% on that Dave, she has been looking after me for the last 68 years (we have been married for 64 of them); we were as they say "childhood sweethearts", Hazel was 14 and I was 16 when we met in 1963.

Are you sure about those dates Taddy?
I am only asking because we were in the same year at school.....so you must be 74.....or maybe 75.....so those numbers do not quite add up.
A week tomorrow we will have been married for 55 years....married 1966.
I am pretty sure that you did not get married when you were 11(or 12).
But, that apart...you picked yourself a gem there Taddy.
I think our generation still do the making and baking....I know that I do....but I don’t make jam, but I make a mean cheese scone....a fin3 roast beef dinner with home made Yorkshire pud....none of that frozen stuff.
We were taught to cook and never got out of the habit.

taddy 26-09-2021 08:07

You are Quite right Marge, my post should have read been together for 58 years and married for 54 of them,I must either have had a "Senior moment" or one hobgoblin over the odds thank you for spotting the error, Ishall have to start drinking less ale and more tea.
or then again maybe not. like you said you were taught young and properly.

DaveinGermany 26-09-2021 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1257989)
I shall have to start drinking less ale and more tea.
or then again maybe not.

I knew right there that when you made that comment it wouldn't last! :D

monkey hanger 26-09-2021 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1257989)
You are Quite right Marge, my post should have read been together for 58 years and married for 54 of them,I must either have had a "Senior moment" or one hobgoblin over the odds thank you for spotting the error, Ishall have to start drinking less ale and more tea.
or then again maybe not. like you said you were taught young and properly.

not sure if its respect or jealousy i have for you lot with one good long marriage. For one who has spent a few times in divorce courts with the financial costs it gave me i suppose its a bit of both. if only life was like a cricket test match where you have 2 innings it would be better. anyway with my luck rain would wipe the game out after the first day.

Margaret Pilkington 26-09-2021 10:47

Taddy, I think it might have been a combination of both senior moment and hobgoblin, I only spotted it because I knew we are about the same age in what it says on our birth certificates.
Personally I refuse to believe that lying document.
My heart is only 14...or 16 on a bad day(but even bad days are good at this time of life).
MH.....it is not really about luck.
It is like owning a lovely house.
To keep it lovely you have to put in the maintenance work...and I have to say that even the most beautiful rose has a thorn.....there are times when I would swap my other half for an empty pop bottle....and I am sure that I irritate the bejasus out of him....but it’s being able to live with those moments....and not let them take the shine off the rest of it.

I have to say that if he were to lift a finger to me..or if he was dallying with someone else then I would leave so fast he would smell the singe.

taddy 26-09-2021 14:47

I have to say that if he were to lift a finger to me..or if he was dallying with someone else then I would leave so fast he would smell the singe.

It is not a mans finger that you have to worry about Marge that is only about three inches long, it is the other male appendage that is usually twice that length that causes the most bother between spouses.;);)

taddy 26-09-2021 14:49

After that last post I am expecting a humerous quote from a scouser in Germany

DaveinGermany 26-09-2021 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1258002)
After that last post I am expecting a humerous quote from a scouser in Germany

Mate, 6" if that's all you've got ...... well, be thankful for small mercies! :D:D

Margaret Pilkington 26-09-2021 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1258001)

It is not a mans finger that you have to worry about Marge that is only about three inches long, it is the other male appendage that is usually twice that length that causes the most bother between spouses.;);)

Taddy...you know what I meant....and it wasn’t that.
The point I was making is that some things will break a marriage without a doubt....infidelity and domestic violence from either party are things that are unforgivable.
So all the maintenance in the world will not cure those demons.

taddy 27-09-2021 10:23

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1258013]Taddy...you know what I meant....and it wasn’t that.

Marge as you know my comment was just a jest, activate your giggle switch and please accept it as such.:D:D