Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   something wrong. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/something-wrong-71510.html)

taddy 21-02-2021 16:32

something wrong.

After the last few weeks, I have noticed that the downturn in posts on Accy Web has been very significant, what has altered ? (someone) knows the answer to this. Regards, The Luddite.

cashman 21-02-2021 17:23

Re: something wrong.

no idea taddy soz. noticed it myself.

dotti34 21-02-2021 21:17

Taddy you have just beaten me to it. I intended to write something today along the same lines as it is very concerning and disappointing to see nothing but Accrington Stanley threads. I am not belittling these as I know Stanley is of great importance to many people on Accyweb - and of much interest, but surely there are plenty of members who have lots of other subjects to comment about as well.

Where are the debaters that used to fill Accy Web pages, and the ones who made interesting comments about day-to-day happenings? Apparently there are a LOT of members - and more keep joining.

I would have thought with the lockdown restrictions people would be looking for an outlet for a good old 'chat'.

taddy 23-02-2021 10:20

I think that I may have to bore some Accy Webbers with "tales from my Allotment" or even articles about my coin collecting hobby. Yours, still the Luddite.

cashman 23-02-2021 10:27

cart on taddy sod all wrong wi that.

monkey hanger 23-02-2021 10:54

funny how that something the majority of us own that never gets mentioned anymore anywhere, cars and motoring. cars to avoid, buying suggestions, next must have overpriced collectors/classic car.

DaveinGermany 23-02-2021 16:52

Think it may be to do with limited topics, lets face it, it seems the only thing happening in the world right now is MeMe & softlad or covid, you get pretty fed up of them both rather quickly. ;)

cashman 23-02-2021 17:31

possible is that dave.

monkey hanger 24-02-2021 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1250685)
Think it may be to do with limited topics, lets face it, it seems the only thing happening in the world right now is MeMe & softlad or covid, you get pretty fed up of them both rather quickly. ;)

everything at the moment is repetition and even listening to the news is a bit like, well i heard that yesterday. even when you discuss whats going on at the moment you end up repeating yourself which is something i hate doing and imagine others hate reading it even more.

taddy 24-02-2021 11:45

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1250685]Think it may be to do with limited topics, lets face it, it seems the only thing happening in the world right now is MeMe & softlad or covid, you get pretty fed up of them both rather quickly.

The MeMe & soft lad comment really tickled me, Keep it up Dave.

monkey hanger 27-02-2021 08:50

again, where is margaret pilkington. anyone know if she is alright or not. never met the lass but feel i know her after the years on here.

taddy 27-02-2021 08:59

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1250857]again, where is margaret pilkington. anyone know if she is alright or not. never met the lass but feel i know her after the years on here.

Me too M.H. Margaret and I were in the same class at Woodnook Schoool in Accrington 60 years ago plus as you say we have talked for years on Accy Web,I have received a private message from her and other members to say that she is fine; I hope that she sees that you and I are a little concerned.
Regards, Taddy.

cashman 27-02-2021 09:11

sure most people on here have been concerned she has certainly been missed.

Margaret Pilkington 27-02-2021 10:59

First of all let me say that I am touched by your concern and the PM's I have had asking if I am alright.
Please let me assure you that I am as fit as I have ever been, and I know that some of you know that I have a daughter who does not have the best of health...and may be worried that something is amiss there.
She and her family are all OK.
The simple answer is that lately there has been very little on here that is worth a comment.
I do not understand football or Accrington Stanley...though I know that it has a great following on here.
So I am taking myself off the forum until I have something worth saying.
There is nothing more to it than that.
I have only posted this because Dorothy in south australia alerted me to your general concerns.
So Ta-ta for now.
M x

taddy 27-02-2021 12:22

O/K Marge, Over and Out.