Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Blog Posts. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/blog-posts-71962.html)

taddy 28-08-2021 08:22

Blog Posts.

As I have mentioned many times I am more than a bit of a Luddite with this Bill Gates's infernal machine but I have just reached a new low,At the bottom of the "post Thread" there is one for Blogs which I have only this morning noticed and clicked on to; What a revelation, I shall now have to start at the biggining and go through them all. As the growing season has almost finished it will give me something to while away my time with in between slurping my Hobgoblin Ruby ale. Your's, Taddy, the even "worserer", Luddite than I realised

DaveinGermany 28-08-2021 09:58

Re: Blog Posts.

Not to worry mate, once you get out of your cave you'll realize the sky won't come crashing down on your head. :D ;)

Margaret Pilkington 28-08-2021 12:24

Well done Taddy for finding the blogs.....all I would say is that if you read mine....and I hope you do.....I cannot be held responsible for spoilt jumpers, jerseys or keyboards(when whatever you have been drinking spurts down your nose,) in laughter.
I cannot be held responsible for wet keks.....or any other mis-haps.
You once mentioned that you thought that Women were built with an inactivated giggle switch...but you will(I think) find that mine is turned up at full.

I hope you enjoy reading the blogs....I know that I enjoy writing mine..
I also enjoy reading those written by others.....so get writing one....with your memories, your experiences and your thoughts.

dotti34 29-08-2021 05:55

Taddy that is great you have discovered the blog section. I hope you do read the blogs on there as you will find them interesting, some funny ones to make you laugh, some that will make you sad, some that will touch your heart, and yes, some controversial ones. All sorts of writings and stories. So read and enjoy...

...and as Margaret has said - write some of your own, share with us.

monkey hanger 29-08-2021 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1257048)
As I have mentioned many times I am more than a bit of a Luddite with this Bill Gates's infernal machine but I have just reached a new low,At the bottom of the "post Thread" there is one for Blogs which I have only this morning noticed and clicked on to; What a revelation, I shall now have to start at the biggining and go through them all. As the growing season has almost finished it will give me something to while away my time with in between slurping my Hobgoblin Ruby ale. Your's, Taddy, the even "worserer", Luddite than I realised

actually with my rubbish specks i thought it said bogs and was a update on public toilets still in use.

taddy 29-08-2021 09:11

...and as Margaret has said - write some of your own, share with us.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, hang on Ladies, Discovering the Blog Posts and actually writing one is a completely different ball game, I struggle to tell my pppp's from my qqqq's after I have had my daily ration of four or five pints of Hobgoblin, if I do manage an extended time on this Bill Gates's infernal machine, it would have to be in the morning; that is if the brain fog from the previous session of Hobby Gobby has cleared. ;);)

Margaret Pilkington 29-08-2021 09:26

There is an answer to that one Taddy.
We all start as beginners.
It is only by doing that you get better......and if you do the doing before you are incapacitated by your pleasant brew....well, I think you might be surprised at the reception.

You, like me, have had a long interesting life.
You must have some funny tales to tell....you must have incidents in your life that took some dealing with.
And the writing of it does not have to be perfect....tell it like you would if you were sitting with your beer buddies.

I really would like an opportunity to read the doings of someone else...because just now there are precious few writing anything.
I look forward to your baby steps as a writer of blogs

DaveinGermany 29-08-2021 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1257123)
actually with my rubbish specks i thought it said bogs and was a update on public toilets still in use.

Oy, stop that, this isn't the Miranda Blair/Georgie Michael "Grindr" section, that sort of stuff belongs in the over18's. :eek:

cashman 29-08-2021 12:33

i have always got great enjoyment from reading the blogs, but write one is not my thing at all. i do comment on some though.

monkey hanger 30-08-2021 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1257147)
i have always got great enjoyment from reading the blogs, but write one is not my thing at all. i do comment on some though.

agree about writing one. my brain works far quicker than my index finger so i lose my thread quickly. easier using my goose quill dipped in venom.

taddy 30-08-2021 11:48

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1257176]agree about writing one. my brain works far quicker than my index finger so i lose my thread quickly. easier using my goose quill dipped in venom.

Should that not read, "using a goose quill writing on velum"?

DaveinGermany 30-08-2021 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1257183)

Not if he's talking poison pen letters Tads. ;)

monkey hanger 31-08-2021 08:24

[QUOTE=taddy;1257183]
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1257176)
agree about writing one. my brain works far quicker than my index finger so i lose my thread quickly. easier using my goose quill dipped in venom.

no its one of my favourite film quotes from Laura spoken by clifton webbs character. i,ve stolen a few of webbs quotes over the years if only to annoy people.