Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Repetitive Strain Injuries (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/repetitive-strain-injuries-72300.html)

taddy 01-01-2022 10:52

Repetitive Strain Injuries

Our son came the other day bearing gifts, one being an "Amazon Fire Stick" mainly for Mrs Taddy, (I very rarely watch TV), after setting it all up for her/us I read some of the instructions which might as well have written in Chinese as far as I was concerned but one paragraph under the safety instructions did make me sit up and laugh out loud, I now quote the said advice.
"Engaging in repetitive motions such as pressing buttons or playing certain games may cause you to experience occasional discomfort in your hands,arms, shoulders, neck or other parts of your body, if so, discontinue use and consult a Doctor.(For watching the bleeding Television); You could not make it up.
:lamer::lamer::lamer:

Less 01-01-2022 11:02

Re: Repetitive Strain Injuries

Repetitive Strain Injury? My ex got that in her tongue, couldn't speak for 3 days, I reckon I now know what heaven is like.
:conny:

taddy 01-01-2022 16:20

Less, I realise it is christmas time but oh what a cracker.

Margaret Pilkington 01-01-2022 16:26

Taddy, I bought my other half one of these gadgets…..he let me set it up for him……and I thought it would be a hit…but he still has not got to grips with how to locate programs….he can’t even get to grips with the fact that he has to change the ‘source’ on the TV controls.
Still I suppose he knows he can get some other mug to do it for him……

So be comforted that there is a fellow technophobe not far from you.

monkey hanger 02-01-2022 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1262039)
Taddy, I bought my other half one of these gadgets…..he let me set it up for him……and I thought it would be a hit…but he still has not got to grips with how to locate programs….he can’t even get to grips with the fact that he has to change the ‘source’ on the TV controls.
Still I suppose he knows he can get some other mug to do it for him……

So be comforted that there is a fellow technophobe not far from you.

well i,m one of them, a technophobe. try as i might i just cannot get my head round it. my lad and neice whose only claim to education fame was they occasionally turned up just cannot understand why i am like it. shows the pointless 6 O levels and 2 A levels ever did for me in life. plus their spelling is worse than mine.

taddy 02-01-2022 10:13

What gets me is, "you only need to speak into the remote control" my son said, (oh pull the other I replied), Just speak into it , tell it what you want to watch he replied, I thought I am going to catch him out here so I said "Rugby Union", immediatly a list of rugby Union matches came on the screen, I still don't believe it did it.
The lads response was, "My dad the caveman, Ugg,him see big bird when aeroplane pass over house"..

Less 02-01-2022 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1262061)
"you only need to speak into the remote control"

Careful Taddy he'll be connecting you up with Alexa next then you'll have to find someway of occupying your hands!
:enough:

DaveinGermany 02-01-2022 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1262061)
"you only need to speak into the remote control"

Not in our house, the damn thing does its best to wind me up by constantly giving me stuff I didn't ask for, that or tell me "I don't understand that" or "Did you mean xyz123?".

Think the mare is doing it on purpose!

Margaret Pilkington 02-01-2022 11:52

Turn it off Son….that is the simple answer.

Yes, I thought that having a voice control option would solve things….but voice control is no damn good if you can’t start up the device because you have to change the source.

When I said in my earlier post ‘he let me set it up’……it would still be in the manufacturers packaging if I had waited for him to do the setting up.

And he is not thick….he just has no grasp on technology.
He even has to be supervised at the ATM because he cannot follow on screen instructions.

Recently he mentioned getting a smart phone(not sure if he meant for him….or me)….I hit that idea on the head right away.
I don’t want one and he could not use one unless he had a head transplant.
That sound very unkind…but it is just the truth.

dotti34 04-01-2022 04:33

This is a little bit different but is in a similar vein and on the subject of such things as speech recognition. After my 11-year-old granddaughter had taught me how to have the computer read back to me what I had written (if you are ever stuck on anything regarding technology ask a child), I searched a bit more and found out how to dictate to it and to my iPad. Ok, so I’m old and not as quick on the uptake as I once might have been or I would have known all about this ages ago. While It is still a novelty to me I have been dictating my emails rather than typing them myself. Bit of fun. However, I’m not sure whether it is worthwhile doing this as I have to read the words carefully while dictating because some of the words are so misinterpreted that they are extremely funny, make no sense whatsoever.

For instance, hilarious always comes out as Alario‘s. Who or what is Alario’s I have absolutely no idea. It looks like that even after living in Australia a little over 64 years my Lancashire accent is more prevalent than I had realised, hence the misinterpretation. When I tell you that the words I just dictated of ‘my Lancashire accent is more prevalent’ it came out as ‘my Lancs accident is my petrol’ you will get what I mean. …on one occasion ‘have to wear masks’ came out as ‘after her mouse’ and, by the way, my lawns are going to be cooked instead of cut.

DaveinGermany 04-01-2022 16:23

Oy Tads, what have you done now? I noticed on Dottis comment there was a like from "Taddys Daughter", the Kid spekters will be round your house to give you a talking to for "inflicting cruel & inhuman treatment" on your offspring by getting her on here! :D

taddy 05-01-2022 10:10

Ha Ha, I did wonder Whether she would sign up to Accy Web, she visited us on new years day and was really taken with some of the comments on here.

taddy 05-01-2022 10:33

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1262161]Oy Tads, what have you done now? I noticed on Dottis comment there was a like from "Taddys Daughter", the Kid spekters will be round your house to give you a talking to for "inflicting cruel & inhuman treatment" on your offspring by getting her on here!

I can't find the said post Dave, where do I need to look, (don't say on Dotties post)

Less 05-01-2022 10:36

[QUOTE=taddy;1262188]
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1262161)
Oy Tads, what have you done now? I noticed on Dottis comment there was a like from "Taddys Daughter", the Kid spekters will be round your house to give you a talking to for "inflicting cruel & inhuman treatment" on your offspring by getting her on here!

I can't find the said post Dave, where do I need to look, (don't say on Dotties post)

on dotties post, where it shows the likes click on 1other it will show the guilty party.:D

taddy 05-01-2022 10:37

OK Dave, found it.Thanks Less.