Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2007, 18:58   #1
God Member

A Lovely Walk.

I walked round the lodge at the bottom of Ormerod Street yesterday, I must say I was very impressed as it is lovely. I only went a short way as I was going visiting but it is very nice and peaceful. I think the path must follow the old train line.
Old 23-08-2007, 19:34   #2
God Member

Re: A Lovely Walk.

I thought going by the thread title it was a scenic walk to the local boozer.

As for around the lodge aint been near it since I was a teen but it sounds a nice way to while away some time.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 19:37   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
I thought going by the thread title it was a scenic walk to the local boozer.

As for around the lodge aint been near it since I was a teen but it sounds a nice way to while away some time.
It is the first time I've been round the lodge, just wondered how long it will stay like that!!!
Old 23-08-2007, 20:05   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
It is the first time I've been round the lodge, just wondered how long it will stay like that!!!
By the time the teenage empty heads then a few weeks.
They will get bored and have some fun in there for some amusement, which the police will do nothing at all to stop it. Ed result being another nice piece of the town gets wasted again.

Oops sorry should have said misunderstood young people or something, might be pulled up for labeling them.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-08-2007, 20:06   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I think the path must follow the old train line.
It does, I take it you noticed the big red pillars? the train line used to sit on them

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 20:10   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
It does, I take it you noticed the big red pillars? the train line used to sit on them
Yes and even these look ok, I was just quite surprised that it was such a nice area. Maybe it will be looked after seeing as there are some luxury apartments being built next to it!!!
Old 23-08-2007, 20:26   #7
God Member

More like its being looked after because its so near to the council offices, makes you wonder if they would have done anything with it if the council hadn't moved up there

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 20:35   #8
God Member

Quote:
More like its being looked after because its so near to the council offices, makes you wonder if they would have done anything with it if the council hadn't moved up there
True when they were situated on Eagle Street the road sweepers were out first thing every morning, now we never see them!
Old 23-08-2007, 20:43   #9
God Member

Quote:
Thats a bit cynical is it not? Imagine them doing anything like that when the rest of the town goes to pot.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..