Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2006, 12:45   #1
I am Banned

a moan about hyndburn homes

ime sure there are plenty of complaints about hynburn homes and probably some more serious than the one i am going to post so feel free to add yours and lets see wot these cowboys need to do

my complaint is that there are no fences between gardens/prperties but the remains of where fences used to be

this may not seem to be a big problem but what if my 2 year old son is playing in MY garden and next doors dog walks across and mauls him to death while playing in the garden , not to mention the amount of dog sh1t that will be deposited in my garden which can cause blindness especialy to small children

one property i viewed had a foot path where people had used the back garden as a short cut and there was allsorts lying around like needles etc from drug users so whats to stop somone walking in and harming a child or yourself

the simple answer would be to buy your own fences but two things go against that idea

1: not everyone can afford fencing

2: if you do buy your own fencing and hynburn homes decide that they will sort fencing out they will rip up your fencing regardless of how nice it looks or how expensive it was just to put in their own

bare in mind that sterling homes bought council houses in teh same areas as hyndburn homes and have managed to not only decorate the properties but also put new good quality fencing around all their properties , its no wonder its hard to get a property off them because they fix the problems
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2006, 16:17   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: a moan about hyndburn homes

It shouldn't be the tenant's responsibility to erct fencing. It's the landlord who should do that.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 17:01   #3

I agree with what your saying about Hyndburn homes Chav1 but totally disagree about the other one.

Their homes may look ok on the outside but if you need repairs on the inside or the roof forget it! My daughter had no downstairs lights for months, her roof has leaked for longer. A friend has had no hot water since he moved into the house just over 3 months ago, and for the first 3 weeks he had no lights either.

They came and looked at the boiler decided a new one was needed but never came back to put one in!

I don't think it matters who you rent from they are all as bad.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 17:04   #4

i agree willow but were i live we have a rotwiler nextdoor and a boxer on the other side i dont trust rotwilers as iv seen them change very quickly i to have 2 dogs who are good with kids and other dogs now the rotwiler next door did get on with my dogs but all of a sudden the rotwiler has changed shes allways gettin in our garden i cant realy afford fencing for my garden as its to big i allso have a complaint about hyndburn homes for there repares my bathroom window is rotten the glass is actuly fallin out if that slipped out on to my kids i wouldnt like to think about it as it could be to bad but all i have got of them about it is we havnt got any funds left for repairs now when i moved in this property i got told any work that needs doin will be done wile it is still empty i have had to replace a door handle as we diddnt have 1 and i got sick of waitin for 1 i could come up with lots more about this but i would be here for a while
carl hurles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 17:28   #5
Senior Member+

If the window is as bad as you say, they should come up immediately and at least board it in untill a upvc one has been made. They did for me. We have had men in suits up here recently (Dill Hall Area) measuring up for those who still have wooden windows in. If you still get no joy, ring enviromental health up as Hyndburn homes is no longer anything to do with the council.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 17:36   #6

i think i might do jimmy as i thought thay was all the same no matter what thay call themself as its the same old ppl running everything if id of knowned that health and safty would do something about it i would of got them invold with the bins as when i moved in i had no bins and i was left with no bins for 4mnth with 4 kids the out come of all the rubbish was not nice after argueing with the council and hyndburn homes iv finaly got it all removed and thankfully iv had no rats and i do have my bins now but it looks like 1 of my naibours are gunna have the same prob as thave just moved in about a mnth ago and thave no bins thave just had there rubbish removed but i bet thay have to wait a few mnths befor gettin there bin and the rest of there rubbish removed
carl hurles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 17:39   #7
Resident Waffler

If the landlords are failing to do such basic essential repairs they are failing in their responsibilities regarding basic safety.

Surely that is HBC's responsibility to ensure that every household has a bin.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 10:04   #8

Angry Re: a moan about hyndburn homes

Well where do I start, I moved into a HH property last march (2012) my roof leaks, the chimney leaks in, the walls are wet inside. I have complained since day 1 I have also spent a whole lot of my own money to rectify a lot of the problems, more recently it started to pour in through my window when it rained and I don't just mean a drip, (the dog was nearly booted out for making one hell of a mess , ) well for this issue I only had to wait around 4 months for it to be fixed from initial emergency call where they sent out a joiner , How on earth can a joiner fix a roof/cavity leak coming down the inside of the wall??.
The lads they send round I feel sorry for as I am sure once they took pride in there work, where as now they are just COWBOYS that bodgit and scarper.
HH really need to sort themselves out.
I really could go on for days - but I wont

Last edited by Neil; 24-11-2013 at 01:40.
Kozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 11:05   #9
God Member

I moved into a council flat in 2002 which got taken over by Hyndburn Homes.

I had a '3 day shower install' which took a month.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...all-39508.html

The 'lock removal fiasco' - which the Ev Tel and the Fire Brigade helped solve.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...sed-58705.html

The asbestos removal disaster scenario.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...val-60693.html

I am pleased to say that I am no longer a tenant of theirs since July this year.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 11:28   #10
God Member

Not only are they one of the worst organisations around, they don't care that they are.
Old 22-11-2013, 11:52   #11
God Member

They waste money on glossy magazines saying how wonderful they are, when in fact the government body which assesses housing association performance just about gave them a 'pass' - worst performing housing association in this area.

As I left, I had overpaid rent - it took me three emails and four months to get a refund.

My ex neighbour tells me that no workmen have been in it to do the kitchen refurb which will be legally required to bring it up to the Decent Homes Standard before it can be re-let. This is a single bedroom flat which many folk are desperate for to avoid 'bedroom tax'.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 21:34   #12

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Well you guys know who not to vote for next time..

MP praises new Huncoat housing scheme | Hyndburn Homes

Pity he doesn't mention Symphony Housing in this piece..the symphony housing that has such an appealing website, with mucky faced kids, that has contour homes as a subsidiary that tells hyndburn homes as a sub-sub subidiary (intentional lower case letters to show how small fry they are) how to handle resident issues. And our MP backs this lot as saviours to the hoi polloi under the #Labour #HBC #HyndburnHomes tweetfest he constantly links to.

Way to go once again Graham.....sack your Essex based researchers and your less than minimum wage interns.....and..ASK YOUR DAMN CONSTITUENTS HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT THESE CONSERVATIVE PRIVATISED COMPANIES SCREWING YOUR ELECTORATE!!
Old 24-11-2013, 01:44   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Well you guys know who not to vote for next time..

MP praises new Huncoat housing scheme | Hyndburn Homes

Pity he doesn't mention Symphony Housing in this piece..the symphony housing that has such an appealing website, with mucky faced kids, that has contour homes as a subsidiary that tells hyndburn homes as a sub-sub subidiary (intentional lower case letters to show how small fry they are) how to handle resident issues. And our MP backs this lot as saviours to the hoi polloi under the #Labour #HBC #HyndburnHomes tweetfest he constantly links to.

Way to go once again Graham.....sack your Essex based researchers and your less than minimum wage interns.....and..ASK YOUR DAMN CONSTITUENTS HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT THESE CONSERVATIVE PRIVATISED COMPANIES SCREWING YOUR ELECTORATE!!
The cooker could do with an extraction hood over it
Old 03-12-2013, 03:15   #14

a moan about hyndburn homes

Surprised to see my name come up in a debate about council housing. Not a topic I know much about, so I can't comment. The only council house I've been in was my grandfathers - he was a miner and it was a pit house. Nice place, good neighbourhood, and back then people knew each other and didn't lock their doors ( craze of materialism had not set in and people didn't have anything worth stealing). I spent many a happy time there as a kid.

I do though have two 1 bed homes coming up for rent on Warner St from January. Work nearing completion and these places are as new. Renting for £350 a month which from what I can see of the rental market on Rightmove is good value. PM me for further details. The shop at 28 Warner is complete and the tenant moves in Dec 20.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..