Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 18:15   #16
Beacon of light

Re: A near miss - and nobody said

Maybe the government were hoping it would solve the banking crisis(and the issues about Fred the Shreds pension) forever!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2009, 18:24   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
it's not a near miss; it's a near hit .... A collision is a near miss ....
Very good...
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 18:30   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Maybe the government were hoping it would solve the banking crisis(and the issues about Fred the Shreds pension) forever!
We could use his ego to deflect it. Either that or his head to break it up.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 18:34   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

leave the guy alone, its not his cock up (that happened before he left) Would YOU give it back if the dummies give it you? i certainly would NOT.
Old 03-03-2009, 18:40   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
leave the guy alone, its not his cock up (that happened before he left) Would YOU give it back if the dummies give it you? i certainly would NOT.

There might be something in it. But niether side is going admit that the all senario is fubar and unworkable.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:17   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Crikey we were missed by a large spaceborn pan deposit. Would made a great splash thats for sure. Now what would a really big deposit in the pan do I wonder? Well apart from having a lot of people on their knees praying.
Don't know about you Spugs but most of the country have been on their knees praying for months now, a few extra Hail Mary's and Our Fathers wouldn't have been an hardship to ward of a meteorite
Old 04-03-2009, 11:30   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't know about you Spugs but most of the country have been on their knees praying for months now, a few extra Hail Mary's and Our Fathers wouldn't have been an hardship to ward of a meteorite
yer clutching at straws............Prayers don't work, we still got Dingles in accy.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:32   #23
Resting in Peace

The biggest dog terd ever seen;

if thats a dog terd i woud'nt like to see the size of the dog, Margaret you'll have to get on to the council for bigger dog dirt bins soon
darwendosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 16:06   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yer clutching at straws............Prayers don't work, we still got Dingles in accy.
Well your right cashy not even prayers can rid us of Dingles
Old 04-03-2009, 16:08   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwendosser View Post
The biggest dog terd ever seen;

if thats a dog terd i woud'nt like to see the size of the dog, Margaret you'll have to get on to the council for bigger dog dirt bins soon
Oh come on DD don't start that old dog dirt bin thing again, Margarets only just got the presant ones fitted
Old 04-03-2009, 17:44   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The meteorite was the answer to their prayers. The bankers paid someone on high in order for it to miss thus allowing them to enjoy their hard sorry ill earned cash. Suprised certain world leaders aint been gettin on the band wagon.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 05-03-2009, 05:28   #27
God Member

According to my sciencey-degree friends at university, that isn't big at all and it wasn't particularly ground-breaking news.

I think it'd be quite interesting to see something big actually hit the earth and cause chaos. Obviously not good, but interesting all the same.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:47   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

I think it'd be quite interesting to see something big actually hit the earth and cause chaos. Obviously not good, but interesting all the same.
Yes blazey , there was also a time when a certain Dr Mengale thought it would be interesting to see what happened if he injected colored dye into new born babies eyes.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:57   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Yes blazey , there was also a time when a certain Dr Mengale thought it would be interesting to see what happened if he injected colored dye into new born babies eyes.
Well that is the problem with humans isn't it, we're driven by greed and the desire to gain more and more intelligence (mostly).

I'm pretty sure similar nonsense to Mengale's 'studies' has been carried out on animals for the sake of cosmetics. If humans become as meaningless to someone as animals then we can expect stuff like that to happen.

Taking advantage of the Jews and the other minorities for the sake of science isn't that different from people taking advantage of people as slaves and Britain isn't innocent of all the cruelty that has been carried out against humanity, or any country for that matter (to bear in mind you aren't in England and will probably throw that back at me!)

I was talking about this issue of the holocaust today and how people always refer to that as the worst act of evil against humanity or however you wish to refer to it but to be truthful, generally lots of BAD happens and it shouldn't really be put on any sort of scale because it is all generally BAD.
War is BAD, yet thousands of our young men and women sign up to fight in the Armed forces and we consider that something to be proud of, but its only something to be proud of if we see what they're fighting for as a good thing. German soldiers, in the same way mostly saw what they were fighting for as a good thing.

Perhaps this is almost a bit of a quasi-realist view... which is what I happen to be writing an essay on right now I'd love to be able to go to sleep.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:11   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post

i didnt know who dr mengale was (by name, i know of the nazi dr tho) so i googled it and i really wish i hadnt

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..