Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2005, 11:51   #1
Always EVIL within us

A New Game To Play

At a Primary School in North Wales the 8 year old children have been taught a new game by their teachers to teach them about Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King.

They are split into two groups,...the "Yellow Clad Superiors" and the "White clad Inferiors"

The object of the game is for the "yellows" to upset the "whites" by chanting things like "All whites smell like dog poo"

Apparently, the yellows won as most of the whites were reduced to tears......

I wonder if next week they are going to be taught the plight of the Jews in Nazi Germany? All the "whites" will have to go into a gas chamber??????
Old 28-01-2005, 11:57   #2
Senior Member+

Re: A New Game To Play

My god - if I found out that they were doing that at the school where my son goes I'd pull him out immediately.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 12:08   #3
Always EVIL within us

Quoted from the Headmaster..."don't just look at discrimination over a persons skin colour or religion.They take in other issues and the children have benefited. I believe two pupils may have simply failed to grasp what it is all about....though the situation is now under review"

Never mind 8 year olds, I cannot understand the issues they are supposed to be teaching!
Old 28-01-2005, 12:24   #4
Senior Member+

Sounds to me like they are teaching bullying and racism.
Old 28-01-2005, 13:09   #5

disgusting............

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 13:16   #6
Wez

That's not cool. It's just pointless. Why not organise an activities weekend and have a bit of the ol' ging gang goolie round a camp fire.
Old 28-01-2005, 13:57   #7
Always EVIL within us

One of the major flaws with the P.C. Brigade is that first they try to correct any inequality..which is fine, but then tip the scales by actually discriminating against any majority in order to "prove" themselves as martyrs to the cause. This school is a case in point.

Also, both these men made huge strides towards intergration and have rightly been given recognition for their achievements.....but both had the reputation in their youth as rebels and anti-government. Will this be taught to 8 year olds as well? and 10 years down the line, If Gerry Adams achieves a lasting unity amonst the Irish people and the British Government, will he also stand side by side with Mandela and King? or is that reserved for non-caucasians?
Old 28-01-2005, 13:58   #8
Always EVIL within us

(not that I want to see Gerry Adams there!!)
Old 28-01-2005, 14:21   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
That's not cool. It's just pointless. Why not organise an activities weekend and have a bit of the ol' ging gang goolie round a camp fire.
What a great idea Wez, the yellow team could re-enact the age old tradition of burning the white team as witches, (Ahhh, the smell of roasting flesh, takes me back to the bad olde days when I was nowt but a bat).

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 15:51   #10
mez
God Member

the welsh dont like the english moving down there anyway //
Old 28-01-2005, 16:30   #11
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez
the welsh dont like the english moving down there anyway //
As a Principality of the U.K. the Welsh should come under the same laws and rules as the rest of us including racism but......?.
Old 28-01-2005, 16:37   #12
I am Banned

the problem with political correctness is that those they claim to be protecting in most part couldnt give a crap its just people with nothing better to do with their lives forcing their views on others

the way i see it is i say what i see

if i see a midget i say a midget not a veticaly challenged person

if i see a blind person i say blind person not a seeing challanged person

instead of P.C why dont we teach kids sport as we suck so bad at it

schools no longer have sports competitions because the loosers might feel bad lol

damn it if you dont like loosing practice untill you do better , the bitter taste of failure is needed to make you want to do better in my opinion
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 17:17   #13
Always EVIL within us

Most people see it the same way as you chav....but we are no longer a nation free to say what we think, we can only think it!
Old 28-01-2005, 17:30   #14
God Member

There was an experiment similar to the one below carried out on English kids in the 70's. They were split into groups of blue eyes, brown eyes or hair colours and were segregated in the playground and were they could eat at dinner and were not allowed to speak to the others depending on their differences. These kids also found it extremely distressing. When i watched the video of it I didn't think any school would have the stupidity of doing it again, especially in the politically correct state we are expected to conform to these days
Old 28-01-2005, 18:22   #15
Resident Waffler

I thought schools were supposed to ensure that pupils did not bully or "name call" others for whatever differences they may have and here we've got a school actually teaching them to do it? I wonder if the clever fellow who dreamed this up has ever been on the receiving end himself or if he has any idea how it may have affected the "inferior white group".

Teach them about Nelson Mandela and the errors of apartheid by all means but this isn't the way to go about it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..