Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 10:09   #31
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: a new 'shop' in Accrington

Hehehe... I'll give it a miss. Who of us needs it on Accyweb??? If I had anything decent to sell I would stick it in our buy, sell and swap section. If I have tat.....it goes to the charity shop or for re-cycling.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-11-2006, 10:10   #32

I think its quite a good idea - for Accrington - I think it should do quite well once people get to know about it.

Removals - no Job too small....or BIG
mantrabooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:22   #33
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

It will no doubt be announced as if it's somebodies new baby in a certain column very shortly, I can see the proud announcement, "look, just like I promised new business attracted to Hyndburn Town Centre and it isn't a pound or charity shop!".

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:52   #34

There is a franchise called I Sold It, cost £70,000 and you have to find a suitable shop front & finance that yourself too. Doesn't look like this is one of them, but has the same ethos.

iSold It - The easy way to sell online

I had a look into it a few weeks ago, but is much too steep with the charges and commission which are passed on to the customer. They also say that the item must sell for at least £30 or they won't take it!

I sell for other people on Ebay who don't know how to use it or can't be bothered and I only take 10% of the final value price on items under £100. I suppose this shop would be ok dealing with large items or breakables as it's on their heads, but I'll stick with the smaller stuff!
Old 08-11-2006, 11:32   #35
Resident Waffler

There's a seller on eBay called something like "isellitforu" doing this kind of thing but no idea what they charge.

Can't wait to see the shop featured in a well known newspaper column.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..