Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2005, 19:44   #1
God Member

A plea to ALL AccyWebbers

PRESS RELEASE:

Monday the 18th July is the official AccyWeb Post something nice day.

The 18th of July has always been AccyWebs post something nice day since the idea was born.

AccyWeb is becoming a depressing place. If your not moaning about Accrington then your moaning about Hyndburn. or the Council or the Observer or anything else you can think of. There's even people who no longer live here moaning about the place . Its all moan moan moan. complain complain complain. If It's not HBC its PC. If someone does post something positive you all charge in with a moan and conspiracy theories as to reasons why something wasn't good. You go away on holiday and the first thing you do when you get back to Accy... crank up the old computer and have a good old moan.

So Monday 18th of July post something positive or nice day.

Yes you do have a right to your opinions and you no one wants to take that away.. No one wants to deprive you of your pleasure even if that is to moan and complain like an old washer women (Apologies to any old washer women reading) But does it have to be day after day. Can't some of you throw in a little good news here and there. the odd positive vibe maybe.Just for those of us who use AccyWeb but prefer not to spend all day moaning?

You have just under a week to consider your actions on Monday the 18th July. How many of you can post something nice about your country or your home town. Do you all really buy the Observer just to find something to complain about? Have any of you the ability to find something positive to post with a weeks notice?

Having met most of the people on AccyWeb I know your all really nice people out there in the 3D World. So why not in here?

18th July. Monday - Be positive. Be nice on AccyWeb ... Come on folks.. It's only for one day.. Make the effort eh

Note: Of course Acrylic-Bob is excused from the above. The Positive post committee are not heartless and as such takes into consideration that this would be too much of a strain on this particular poster.

Monday the 18th of July. Can you do it ? Post Something nice!

KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2005, 19:49   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: A plea to ALL AccyWebbers

Oh dammit!!!! I can't think of anything nice to say with such short notice, so I'm beggaring off to Greece on Sunday to escape hehehehe...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 19:56   #3
God Member

How kind and inclusive and diverse and wonderfully pink and fluffy and nice of the Positive Post Committee to grant little-old-washer-woman-me a dispensation. I would comment further but I find I have a pressing engagement with a large enamel bucket- excuse me I have an allergic reaction to sacharine.
Old 12-07-2005, 19:58   #4
I am Banned

were having nice weather

even HBC cant balls that up for us

but i bet they tried their damned hardest lol

Last edited by chav1; 12-07-2005 at 20:03.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 20:04   #5
Resting in Peace

well as a new(ish) member i would like to think that most peeps have their own point of view even if it is said in the moaning way and having read some post/threads I too think it would be nice for good post to be posted. not yet sure what i'll be saying but will have a bl**dy good think for monday
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 20:10   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I promise to try but only if Gayle takes off her rose coloured glasses and refrains from trying to be positive about HBC!

Last edited by Less; 12-07-2005 at 20:16.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 20:12   #7
Member.

If the weather would change I could do some fell walking in the lakes. That always cheers me up and invigorates my nice pink fluffy persona……..I think the last time I was nice I was pilloried, but I’ll either give it a go or take a day off. Roy might like to open the betting shop and lay odds on how with cope. Nice idea though…………

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 20:13   #8
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
Can you guess what I have typed?

No, I can't but I like it...........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 20:15   #9
I am Banned

its pretty hard to think of anything positive at the moment

the local phone box is surrounded by crack addicts waiting for their dealer and the police do nothing

2 murders in the last couple of months

a house near by is been done up to accomodate kids that are so bad their own parents cant be bothered with them

most of the houses around me have been bought up by housing agencys who let any scum rent them and bring down the value of surrounding properties because they manage to turn a nice street into beruit

i suppose on the bright side if i ever decide to turn to drugs to cheer myself up theres plenty of places near by to get them

ime pretty sure i can find somthing cheerful to post by monday becase ime leaving accrington for a day out this weekend
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 20:18   #10
Beacon of light

Unlike Lettie who is Jetting off for some well earned R+R..........I am staying home.
The positive things about staying home are endless.......just give me a day or two to cogitate on what they are.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 20:19   #11
Resident Waffler

Do I have to wait until Monday or can I post something nice before then?

P.S. No I can't Less, because I don't have to.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 20:21   #12
Beacon of light

Good News...........Watermelons were only 79 pence on the Market today.......lovely,refreshing and healthy.......is that positive enough......?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 20:22   #13
Resident Waffler

Parking in Accy is still free.

Last time I mentioned free parking I lost karma.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 20:23   #14
Resting in Peace

dont see why we sholud have to wait for monday. but at moment cant think of owt lol
Old 12-07-2005, 20:25   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber999T
dont see why we sholud have to wait for monday. but at moment cant think of owt lol

gonna have to check my spelling before posting in future

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..