Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 10:31   #151
Resident Waffler

Re: A Teddy Bear Called ...............

Yes well that president bod didn't look like he was short of a bob or two on the news.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-12-2007, 14:46   #152
Senior Member+

mylad came home from schooll today and said he they had all wrote a story about a teddy bear, my boy called it after himself..... what about mohammed?? bet his teacher is sh**ting herself!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 15:31   #153
God Member

When the tabloids can get to her I bet she won't be naive enough to tell all for zero reward

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 15:34   #154
Senior Member+

[quote=emamum23;500400]mylad came home from schooll today and said he they had all wrote a story about a teddy bear, my boy called it after himself..... what about mohammed?? (there is one in his class) womder what he called his bear? bet his teacher is sh**ting herself![/qu

^^^^^^^slightly modified to make more sense!! lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 21:50   #155
God Member

[quote=emamum23;500410]
Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
mylad came home from schooll today and said he they had all wrote a story about a teddy bear, my boy called it after himself..... what about mohammed?? (there is one in his class) womder what he called his bear? bet his teacher is sh**ting herself![/qu

^^^^^^^slightly modified to make more sense!! lol
If only islamic extremism could be slightly modified to make more sense. I think it is a mistake to take these idiots seriously ... it adds legitimacy to their insanity ... stop the aid that props up their shoddy little regimes ... and tell them, in no uncertain terms to FOAD, they are on their own. Also on their own should be those who voluntarily put themselves in danger by choosing to live and work in these asylums. It is beyond me why anyone who had the luck to be born somewhere like England, or Canada, or Australia etc. should want to work in some s**t box little country which is still in the dark ages. Imagine living in a country where you could be beheaded for accidently f**ting in the direction of Mecca!
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 22:27   #156
God Member

If someone has an insatiable desire to work in the third world, there is always Yorkshire, or parts of darkest Ossy.
Old 04-12-2007, 23:49   #157
God Member

I have just finished reading Gibbons' comments as she arrived in Heathrow. I can't believe that anyone so thick would be allowed out on her own. I realize that Liverpudlians are not the sharpest knives in the drawer ... but this woman!!! I don't think she could figure out how to pour water out of a boot, even if the instructions were written on the sole. She actually said that the people were "kind and generous." Kind enough to demonstrate in favour of her execution! Generous enough to give her free room and board in one of their 5-Star prisons!
Old 05-12-2007, 05:15   #158
Resident Waffler

You are generalising there Eric, just as she did. Just because some people demonstrated and demanded her execution it doesn't mean that was what everyone in the Sudan wanted. There were some who spoke out on her behalf and some who had contacted the school in support of her before the rentamob crowd started baying for blood. She met kind and generous people. Just because everyone she met was kind and generous that doesn't mean that all Sudanese are the same.

I had to smile at one of the TV presenters when reporting the claim that this was all a part of a western plot to undermine Islam. "Not a very good plot was it? Teddy bear naming."

Old 05-12-2007, 06:36   #159
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
You are generalising there Eric, just as she did. Just because some people demonstrated and demanded her execution it doesn't mean that was what everyone in the Sudan wanted. There were some who spoke out on her behalf and some who had contacted the school in support of her before the rentamob crowd started baying for blood. She met kind and generous people. Just because everyone she met was kind and generous that doesn't mean that all Sudanese are the same.

I had to smile at one of the TV presenters when reporting the claim that this was all a part of a western plot to undermine Islam. "Not a very good plot was it? Teddy bear naming."
I understand what you are getting at. But the whole deal is just so .... insane, I guess. It seems like a storm in a tea cup has turned into Katrina.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:16   #160
Resident Waffler

Yep, even the Sudanese ambassador in London said it was all a storm in a teacup which would quickly be resolved - but that was before she was formally charged.

Old 05-12-2007, 18:34   #161
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I have just finished reading Gibbons' comments as she arrived in Heathrow. I can't believe that anyone so thick would be allowed out on her own. I realize that Liverpudlians are not the sharpest knives in the drawer ... but this woman!!! I don't think she could figure out how to pour water out of a boot, even if the instructions were written on the sole. She actually said that the people were "kind and generous." Kind enough to demonstrate in favour of her execution! Generous enough to give her free room and board in one of their 5-Star prisons!
Don't be misled, she isn't as daft as she seems. One of the newspapers will pay for her story, which means she is going to make a profit out of the teddy after all.
Old 05-12-2007, 18:42   #162
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Don't be misled, she isn't as daft as she seems. One of the newspapers will pay for her story, which means she is going to make a profit out of the teddy after all.
You are probably right. I wonder who will get to play her in the movie Even a Liverpudlian knows that where there is muck, there is brass
Old 05-12-2007, 21:45   #163
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
You are probably right. I wonder who will get to play her in the movie Even a Liverpudlian knows that where there is muck, there is brass
Might be true but you actually missed the pun. Think about the word 'profit'
Old 05-12-2007, 21:54   #164
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Might be true but you actually missed the pun. Think about the word 'profit'
Actually that's not a bad one ... but now everyone will be at it And your life could be in danger

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..