Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2007, 17:04   #46
God Member

Re: A Teddy Bear Called ...............

I have no sympathy for this woman whatsoever. She knew the risks when she went to that country and now she pays the price. Meanwhile, time and money is spent by the British Taxpayer in trying to get her off the hook. The simple fact is that Sudan is a madhouse and the only way you can deal with these people is to go in with a show of force. Kitchener did it in 1898 and seriously kicked some arse; there were no problems there whatsoever while it remained a British Protectorate. No sooner did we leave - and as in the rest of Africa - the place went to the dogs.

Talking about dogs - who was it on here who told me of someone in Church who had a dog called ASBO?

Last edited by Tealeaf; 28-11-2007 at 17:07.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2007, 17:35   #47
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

Mmmm . have a little stuffed toy somewhere in the house .. think I will christen him Jesus !! Can I expect the Christian mafia at my door in the morning ..
Oh dear, sorry to tell you Katex but if you name your stuffed toy "Jesus" you could well suffer the same fate as that poor teacher in the Sudan

Mohammed is not the only prophet revered by Muslims, here is a list of the 25 that are mentioned in the Qur'an.....................

Adam
• Idris (Enoch)
• Nuh (Noah)
• Hud
• Saleh
• Ibrahim (Abraham)
• Isma'il (Ishmael)
• Ishaq (Isaac)
• Lut (Lot)
• Ya'qub (Jacob)
• Yousef (Joseph)
• Shu'aib
• Ayyub (Job)
• Musa (Moses)
• Harun (Aaron)
• Dhu'l-kifl (Ezekiel)
• Dawud (David)
• Sulaiman (Solomon)
• Ilias (Elias)
• Al-Yasa (Elisha)
• Yunus (Jonah)
• Zakariyya (Zechariah)
• Yahya (John)

• 'Isa (Jesus)
Muhammad

..................and yes, it IS the same Jesus Christ born to Mary
Old 28-11-2007, 19:42   #48
Resident Waffler

That's because they revere him as a prophet but think Christians are wrong to believe he was the son of God or in any way divine.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 19:43   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What places? You wouldn't be talking about the US would you
not really Eric, been a couple of times meself,but sure as hell wouldn't go to some like SUDAN.i'm with T. 100% on this.
Old 28-11-2007, 19:55   #50
Passed away 25-11-09

I wonder, apropos the name Mohammed, about the ones who had the name before the prophet was born. Unless the name was invented just for him, which I doubt, I don't see how Muslims can claim exclusivity on its use.
Old 28-11-2007, 20:01   #51
Resident Waffler

I've wondered that too.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 20:11   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
not really Eric, been a couple of times meself,but sure as hell wouldn't go to some like SUDAN.i'm with T. 100% on this.
Me neither. The Sudan is right up there on my list of places not to visit, along with Iraq, Afghanistan, Haiti, and Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 20:14   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I've wondered that too.
I wouldn't let it bother you .... rational thinking and sane logic are not big with the Islamic extremists ... or extremists of any stripe come to think of it, the Aryan Nations folks in the wackier parts of the States for eg.
Old 28-11-2007, 20:20   #54
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I wouldn't let it bother you .... the Aryan Nations folks in the wackier parts of the States for eg.

I take it Adolph is a sacred name there then?
Old 28-11-2007, 20:23   #55
white rabbits

Quote:
where ya got that info granny? just watched sky news, n shes been charged
I know,,But it WAS on tele this morning .maybe i heard it wrong...
Old 28-11-2007, 21:29   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I take it Adolph is a sacred name there then?
Indeed it is; ever hear of Adolph Coors, founder of a great American institution: Coors Lite, really crappy beer
Old 28-11-2007, 21:36   #57
God Member

Quote:
Just noticed the last part of your post. And I would be 100% against. Gunboat diplomacy or "civilization" at bayonet point never really worked in the long run. Kitchener might have had it all his own way at Omdurman (I do believe that Churchill rode in that last great cavalry charge) but Gordon was not so lucky. The problem with Empire is that at some point the Imperial power has to leave, and then all hell breaks loose in the power vacuum. It happened in England after the great Sack of Rome and the departure of the Legions. You can't just say: "Now you are free, have a nice life."
Old 29-11-2007, 11:48   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

what really razzes me off is whilst this foolish woman can be gaoled,flogged,etc, for a child naming a teddy, religious fanatics can preach jihad on our streets for years without retribution, theres summat sadly wrong with us for letting things like this happen, the government/ public should get off the pot and sort this crazy imbalance out P.D.Q. end of rant.
Old 29-11-2007, 12:59   #59
God Member

Quote:
what really razzes me off is whilst this foolish woman can be gaoled,flogged,etc, for a child naming a teddy, religious fanatics can preach jihad on our streets for years without retribution, theres summat sadly wrong with us for letting things like this happen, the government/ public should get off the pot and sort this crazy imbalance out P.D.Q. end of rant.
You are quite right it is getting out of hand, time we let our feelings known if we don't we'll be sorry!!!
Old 29-11-2007, 13:52   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
You are quite right it is getting out of hand, time we let our feelings known if we don't we'll be sorry!!!
whats come out now, a secretary at the school (after complaints from SOME parents) made the allegation, another good reason why brits should keep the hell away from these countries, and this SOFT government should be directing them to do so. its about time everyone stopped pussyfooting about n said BALLS to the PC/DOOGOODER brigade.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..