Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 13:55   #61
God Member

Re: Abbey Street uniform shop - drug using equipment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp;626887)[COLOR=darkorchid
To him these items have nothing to do with drugs[/COLOR]

Yeah sure.......so should i start a petition about everything i feel strongly about on Accyweb then....? I`m off to school now....i`ll ask around.

Last edited by pipinfort; 04-09-2008 at 13:58.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2008, 13:58   #62
Resident Waffler

Yes the thread title uses the word drugs but what I'm saying is that when I went into the shop and spoke to him about the drug using equipment he was being accused of selling he said that all he sells is stuff to do with smoking tobacco and he isn't selling drugs and does not approve of drugs.

Nevertheless if people find what he sells offensive (actually it's 'they' not 'he') then just go along and let them know. Until I spoke to him yesterday he had no idea that anyone found anythng in the shop offensive. The man is not a mind reader. How many people have actually been in and looked at what is for sale? How many have assumed it was pipes and bongs and looked like an opium den?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 14:00   #63
Senior Member+

lol willow....... i was in there for tys uniform last week (£20 for a sweater and a shirt!!!) and i didnt notice them.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 14:04   #64
God Member

I always thought that Tobacco was a drug which was responsible for more deaths than any other drug. But my question is this:- when did smoking accessories become part of school uniform?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 14:05   #65
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Yeah sure.......so should i start a petition about everything i feel strongly about on Accyweb then....? I`m off to school now....i`ll ask around.

Well, I am assuming that people who object to the things which are being sold would like something to be done, otherwise why bother complaining? Would you like them to stop selling the smoking paraphernalia or would you just like everyone to stop buying school uniforms there? Or do you want the shop to go out of business and close?

Personally I wouldn't like to see the shop close. I buy a lot of things there and find it a very handy shop which always has, or can get, whatever I'm in there looking for. I would rather see them stop selling one or two items than see them lose all the school uniforms etc and maybe go to the wall.

I have taken the first step by telling the man about this thread on here and then reported back here what his response was to the accusation of those things being related to drug taking.

As that does not seem to have helped then perhaps he should consult the council about it which was what he asked me if I thought he ought to do.

There must be hundreds of people who buy uniforms from that shop and maybe like me they have never noticed those things or never connected them with drug taking.

I would like to see a solution to this problem but not sure if there is anything else I can do.

Old 04-09-2008, 14:09   #66
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I always thought that Tobacco was a drug which was responsible for more deaths than any other drug. But my question is this:- when did smoking accessories become part of school uniform?
They sell plenty of other things which are not school uniforms. School kids wouldn't be seen dead in the 'grannie jumpers' as my daughter calls them which are on display outside the shop.

Old 04-09-2008, 14:23   #67
God Member

Is the retail establishment in question possibly the same one which recenty had full-masked hoodie tops on display in it's front window?
Old 04-09-2008, 14:37   #68
Resident Waffler

I don't know. The only place I've seen those is at 'Reef' in Lancaster and I thought they were very silly. Apparently they are trendy and popular with Chavs.

Old 04-09-2008, 14:39   #69
God Member

They are popular with muggars and drug dealers as well.
Old 04-09-2008, 14:41   #70
Resident Waffler

Maybe if they did have them somebody complained and they stopped selling them. I'll have a look next time I'm in town.

Old 04-09-2008, 15:03   #71
Senior Member+

yes they did.........the ones that are gas mask like..

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 04-09-2008, 15:04   #72
God Member

Out of the seven responsible parents i asked....................errr well seven responsible parents were shocked and found it totally unacceptable but like i said earlier our school is the main supplier of their own uniforms so nobady i asked had been in anyway. Mmmmm masked Hoodies he is a responsible shop owner isn`t he..........
Old 04-09-2008, 15:08   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

seems much ado about nothing to me, the butty shop up ossy that was on here is now up fer sale i noticed this week, do parents really want 1 less place to buy uniforms? thats the 10000000 doller question. its quite possible.
Old 04-09-2008, 15:14   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
They sell plenty of other things which are not school uniforms. School kids wouldn't be seen dead in the 'grannie jumpers' as my daughter calls them which are on display outside the shop.
Well i should add those to my petition and get him to stop selling them also......?
Old 04-09-2008, 15:16   #75
Senior Member+

and the luminous net curtain skirts as well...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..