Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2012, 18:13   #16
God Member

Re: Abu Hamza extradition

Vive la Reine, eh Seems like the old girl got this one right.

BBC apologises to Queen for revealing private conversation about Abu Hamza | Media | guardian.co.uk

Hey, she thinks a lot like you guys. Of course, I'd expect nothing less from the Queen of Canada.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2012, 18:49   #17

Don't think this thread will run too long as I believe that there will be little disagreement over the ruling.

Ok the guy Hamsa is lowlife scrum, albeit with scatty religious ideology to fall back on to justify his insane rankings. However two of the other dudes, despicable though their actions were in setting up their evil websites should be prosecuted here. A decision to send them for detention and possible ultimate prosecution in America paves the way for similar deportations perhaps. Already we send people who have broken no laws in the UK to languish on remand in prison in the USA who have never even visited the states. What if I were to post something derogatory or contrary to the best interests of the US government using an AOL server? Could I be held to account by the Attorney general for such ideas? I know that it's an extreme instance, but I object to our country being used as a vassal state to the US. It's something to do with sovereignty and self determination I think.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 18:53   #18
Senior Member+

Six years to late in my opinion, the ranting hate filled scumbag and his like dont belong here period. If they dont like it bog off or dont come here in the first place. At least lizzy said what our lilly livered politicos didnt have the balls to. To much banging on about his human rights he gave those up when he began supporting and promoting terrorism .Good riddance to bad rubbish , and with a bit of luck he will be put somewhere that make his hook go rusty.

Last edited by Neil; 26-09-2012 at 10:25. Reason: *'s
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 18:56   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
Don't think this thread will run too long as I believe that there will be little disagreement over the ruling.

Ok the guy Hamsa is lowlife scrum, albeit with scatty religious ideology to fall back on to justify his insane rankings. However two of the other dudes, despicable though their actions were in setting up their evil websites should be prosecuted here. A decision to send them for detention and possible ultimate prosecution in America paves the way for similar deportations perhaps. Already we send people who have broken no laws in the UK to languish on remand in prison in the USA who have never even visited the states. What if I were to post something derogatory or contrary to the best interests of the US government using an AOL server? Could I be held to account by the Attorney general for such ideas? I know that it's an extreme instance, but I object to our country being used as a vassal state to the US. It's something to do with sovereignty and self determination I think.
Saves us paying to keep the scum fed and watered A result i think.
Old 25-09-2012, 19:00   #20
God Member

Quote:

I think it has more to do with long-standing extradition treaties ... some of which may need to be updated because of the revolution in technology.
Old 25-09-2012, 19:00   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Whats "Possible Ultimate Prosecution" egg@chips? If that means the yanks may Top Em, then good thats a even better result in my book.
Old 25-09-2012, 19:06   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whats "Possible Ultimate Prosecution" egg@chips? If that means the yanks may Top Em, then good thats a even better result in my book.
Don't really have much of a problem with capital punishment, although there have definitely been some cock ups in that dept over the years. What I object to is detention without trial for anybody.
It's been part of the justice system for a looooooooooong time and should remain in place where people are entitled to a trial.
Old 25-09-2012, 19:46   #23
God Member

Quote:
Don't really have much of a problem with capital punishment, although there have definitely been some cock ups in that dept over the years. What I object to is detention without trial for anybody.
It's been part of the justice system for a looooooooooong time and should remain in place where people are entitled to a trial.
I believe you will find that the US justice system is more than even handed, and, that in the US the accused has more access to a fair trial than he/she would have in most other countries. Much better than in, say, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc.
Old 25-09-2012, 19:58   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I believe you will find that the US justice system is more than even handed, and, that in the US the accused has more access to a fair trial than he/she would have in most other countries. Much better than in, say, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc.
No argument there, but we don't send Internet criminals etc to any of those countries, I think. Also Guantanamo, camp x ray was set up outside of US jurisdiction so that the facilities there do not have to comply with their fair trial system or constitution.
Old 25-09-2012, 20:13   #25
God Member

Quote:
No argument there, but we don't send Internet criminals etc to any of those countries, I think. Also Guantanamo, camp x ray was set up outside of US jurisdiction so that the facilities there do not have to comply with their fair trial system or constitution.
Guantanamo is reserved for non-American enemy combatants captued in the War on Terror. It is not "outside of US jurisdiction". All they face at Guantanamo is a fair trial. They get a far better deal than would any US, UK, or Canadian soldier captured by the Taliban.
Old 25-09-2012, 20:15   #26
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

End of the day fella, the creature & his sort have been spouting bile & hatred about the British (and western society) for a long time now & been getting away with it because Britain & Western society are so tolerant, but who's been funding his life style & right to deride & denegrate ?

Yep, the society he so despises, what goes around comes around & the sooner he's away from these shores the better. Hopefully now the first stones have started to trickle down the mountainside & the lets hope the rest of the avalanche isn't to far behind.
Old 25-09-2012, 20:22   #27

Quote:
Guantanamo is reserved for non-American enemy combatants captued in the War on Terror. It is not "outside of US jurisdiction". All they face at Guantanamo is a fair trial. They get a far better deal than would any US, UK, or Canadian soldier captured by the Taliban.
Again I agree that suspected proponents of terrorism sent to Guantanamo get infinitely better treatment than would captured alliance military or civilian personnel, however here's a quote from that never be doubted font of knowledge, Wikipedia.

After the US Department of Justice advised that the Guantanamo Bay detention camp could be considered outside U.S. legal jurisdiction, the first twenty captives arrived at Guantanamo on January 11, 2002. After the Bush administration asserted that detainees were not entitled to any of the protections of the Geneva Conventions, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Hamdan v. Rumsfeld on June 29, 2006, that they were entitled to the minimal protections listed under Common Article 3 of the Geneva Conventions.[4] Following this, on July 7, 2006, the Department of Defense issued an internal memo stating that prisoners would in the future be entitled to protection under Common Article 3.[5][6][7] Susan J. Crawford, who was appointed by Secretary of Defense Robert Gates to review practices used at Guantanamo Bay, told Bob Woodward of the Washington Post in an interview in January 2009 that Mohammed al-Qahtani was tortured while being held prisoner at Guantanamo Bay, making her the first Bush administration official to concede that torture occurred there.
Old 25-09-2012, 20:23   #28
God Member

You don't have to wade thru all of this ... but try to tell me the guy wasn't treated fairly:

Omar Khadr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 25-09-2012, 20:28   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
End of the day fella, the creature & his sort have been spouting bile & hatred about the British (and western society) for a long time now & been getting away with it because Britain & Western society are so tolerant, but who's been funding his life style & right to deride & denegrate ?

Yep, the society he so despises, what goes around comes around & the sooner he's away from these shores the better. Hopefully now the first stones have started to trickle down the mountainside & the lets hope the rest of the avalanche isn't to far behind.
I have no time at all and no sympathy for Hamza and his ilk. Lock him in an oubliette and let him rot. BUT do not send the dudes who have infringed US law from the UK to America. It's a route that several Brits are already travelling and more will if we roll over and let it happen.
Old 25-09-2012, 20:33   #30

Quote:
You don't have to wade thru all of this ... but try to tell me the guy wasn't treated fairly:

Omar Khadr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I wouldn't. He was treated fairly. That's not my point. I'm no bleeding heart liberal, I'm just worried about the increasingly nebulous nature of international jurisdiction and the willingness of some governments to nestle in the pockets of more powerful neighbours in the global village.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..