Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2012, 20:45   #31
God Member

Re: Abu Hamza extradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
I wouldn't. He was treated fairly. That's not my point. I'm no bleeding heart liberal, I'm just worried about the increasingly nebulous nature of international jurisdiction and the willingness of some governments to nestle in the pockets of more powerful neighbours in the global village.
I don't see it as much of an issue ... let's face it, countries like yours, and like mine, don't have too many true friends in the world, particularly the middle-eastern world. It's no wonder we work closely with our friends and allies. If the guys in the white hats can't work together, the guys in the black turbans have won out.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2012, 20:56   #32
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm just worried about the increasingly nebulous nature of international jurisdiction and the willingness of some governments to nestle in the pockets of more powerful neighbours in the global village.
Yeah, I'm worrying about "international jurisdiction" too. I'm worried about how both major parties in this country meekly accept the "jurisdiction" of an overseas court who, as far as I'm concerned, should have no say in the way we conduct our affairs. I'm worried about how each successive government "nestles in the pockets" of the ECHR and the EU and surrenders more and more of our independence as each year goes by. People are hailing the decision on these scumbags as a great victory, but is it? We're allowed to send them packing because some court in Strausbourg has given us permission? Personally, I think we should have told the ECHR to stuff it (in diplomatic terms) and shipped 'em out years ago!
Old 25-09-2012, 20:59   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I don't see it as much of an issue ... let's face it, countries like yours, and like mine, don't have too many true friends in the world, particularly the middle-eastern world. It's no wonder we work closely with our friends and allies. If the guys in the white hats can't work together, the guys in the black turbans have won out.
I can't believe that I'm posting a link to the Daily Fail, but this indicates a certain imbalance in a special relationship.

Seven Britons extradited to US for every one sent here under lopsided act | Mail Online

Sorry if link not clickable, IPad doesn't seem to do that, or at least I can't get it to do that.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 21:03   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yeah, I'm worrying about "international jurisdiction" too. I'm worried about how both major parties in this country meekly accept the "jurisdiction" of an overseas court who, as far as I'm concerned, should have no say in the way we conduct our affairs. I'm worried about how each successive government "nestles in the pockets" of the ECHR and the EU and surrenders more and more of our independence as each year goes by. People are hailing the decision on these scumbags as a great victory, but is it? We're allowed to send them packing because some court in Strausbourg has given us permission? Personally, I think we should have told the ECHR to stuff it (in diplomatic terms) and shipped 'em out years ago!
I agree. We seem to be living in a spine free zone as far as our lords and masters are concerned. Apart from when they are dishing it out to the folks who pay their bleedin' wages.
Old 25-09-2012, 21:10   #35
JFT96

Quote:
Nicely said Eric, I started this thread, well to say goodbye to this nasty, odious little man. I never expected it to turn into another lets kick our allies.
At the end of the day, do you really want to fall out with the USA, if things ever kick off, I for sure want them on my side, despite the fact they are rather trigger happy.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 06:06   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Nicely said Eric, I started this thread, well to say goodbye to this nasty, odious little man. I never expected it to turn into another lets kick our allies.
At the end of the day, do you really want to fall out with the USA, if things ever kick off, I for sure want them on my side, despite the fact they are rather trigger happy.
Not kicking our allies BG, just wish we had a bit more self determination
Old 26-09-2012, 06:39   #37
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Don't think this thread will run too long as I believe that there will be little disagreement over the ruling.

What if I were to post something derogatory or contrary to the best interests of the US government using an AOL server?
Up until recently you wouldn't have had to go to the effort of using AOL, you could have used AccyWeb, the servers had been in America until last year, happily gurgling away not a care in the world.
One of the reasons the owner moved them to the UK was to prevent someone like you mouthing off and causing him to have to pay an unwelcome visit to the states under their Federal Laws.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 08:48   #38
Resting in Peace

The only problem I have now is that we will be keeping his family for the rest of their natural, it was reported by the Taxpayers Alliance in 2009 that hooky and his tribe had already cost the Tax Payer £2.75 million on welfare council house and legal costs, a figure which no doubt has escalated by now, and all this from a guy who abhors every aspect of life in the west, yet has no problem taking cash of those very same people he detests so much
Old 26-09-2012, 09:02   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Six years to late in my opinion, the ranting hate filled scumbag and his like dont belong here period. If they dont like it ****** off or dont come here in the first place. At least lizzy said what our lilly livered politicos didnt have the balls to. To much banging on about his human rights he gave those up when he began supporting and promoting terrorism .Good riddance to bad rubbish , and with a bit of luck he will be put somewhere that make his hook go rusty.
Not read the whole thread but totally agree. He makes me sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The only problem I have now is that we will be keeping his family for the rest of their natural, it was reported by the Taxpayers Alliance in 2009 that hooky and his tribe had already cost the Tax Payer £2.75 million on welfare council house and legal costs, a figure which no doubt has escalated by now, and all this from a guy who abhors every aspect of life in the west, yet has no problem taking cash of those very same people he detests so much
Also this. . I could be accused of being intolerant or judgemental but I can live with that, get rid of the lot-it's totally nuts that we're keeping them when apparently every part of our culture is wrong according to them.
Old 26-09-2012, 09:21   #40

Quote:
I believe you will find that the US justice system is more than even handed, and, that in the US the accused has more access to a fair trial than he/she would have in most other countries. Much better than in, say, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc.
I would agree with that in general, Eric, but I'm not so sure that suspected Islamic terrorists do get such an even-handed deal. The US government do tend to get a little "uneven" when it comes to this subject. After all, why is Guantanamo Bay detention centre in Cuba? Because they cannot legally do what they do there on the US mainland due to human rights laws.
Having said that I have no time for religious fanatics of any kind and we do need to do something about people who kill in the name of that which has never been proved to exist. It is childish stupidity of the highest order.
Old 26-09-2012, 09:40   #41
I am Banned

so how did he lose his sight in one eye,perhaps he had an itch there and forgot about his hook ha ha ha
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 10:19   #42
Resting in Peace

Abu Hamza: The cost of allowing hate preacher to treat Britain with contempt for so long | Mail Online

This makes very interesting reading, showing just how much Hooky has cost this country since he came to live in a country which he called a toilet back in 1986
Old 26-09-2012, 10:33   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Abu Hamza: The cost of allowing hate preacher to treat Britain with contempt for so long | Mail Online

This makes very interesting reading, showing just how much Hooky has cost this country since he came to live in a country which he called a toilet back in 1986
Yeh disgraceful, but the bottom line is- It aint he's fault! Its the system that allows it.
Old 26-09-2012, 10:36   #44
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its the system that allows it.
Of course it does, a man that encourages terrorism has his 'uman rights, shame that he and his ilk don't consider the rights of their victims, one of which is to breath in and out and live as long as possible.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 10:41   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Of course it does, a man that encourages terrorism has his 'uman rights, shame that he and his ilk don't consider the rights of their victims, one of which is to breath in and out and live as long as possible.
Why should he? evil is evil, shame those in charge of the system don't recognise the fact.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..