Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 06:29   #91
Beacon of light

Re: Abu Hamza extradition

Like Wyn, I put a hold on my rejoicing until he was actually in a plane and up in the air......I feared that something would come along and thwart his extradition(though I couldn't think of anything logical...other than him dying)...but he's gone....so Yipppeeee!
Hope his family follow him to be nearer for visiting....and hope that there is some legal way to stop any benefits payment to them. Him and his ilk have cost us enough already.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2012, 06:32   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What amazed me was on news this morning n yank reporter was saying the yankee people hardly know who these guys are! Been very little reporting on this issue oer the years.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:35   #93
Beacon of light

Maybe that is so that when they come to court over there(in 2-3 years time) they get a fair trial.......by that I mean that they are incarcerated over there(where the prisons are much harsher) for a damn long time......oh, and I hope they look after his medical conditions well....we wouldn't want him to die...would we??????
Old 06-10-2012, 06:40   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Personally don't give a stuff about a fair trial or his medical condition being looked after, just glad to be shut of this carrion. I know thats what you meant, but i said it lol
Old 06-10-2012, 06:53   #95
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
oh, and I hope they look after his medical conditions well....we wouldn't want him to die...would we??????
Absolutely he must be fit and we'll right up to the moment they strap him into Old Sparkie.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:47   #96
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
He's gone.

BBC News - Abu Hamza among five terror suspects extradited to US

But not without leaving a forwarding address and his bank details in the US so he can continue to receive his Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, Disability Benefit and Winter Fuel Allowance........
Well he might not be claiming now but his brood will still be kept in the custom they've become used to, what is it 8 kids and a wife all there with the begging bowl every week
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:51   #97
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Maybe that is so that when they come to court over there(in 2-3 years time) they get a fair trial.......by that I mean that they are incarcerated over there(where the prisons are much harsher) for a damn long time......oh, and I hope they look after his medical conditions well....we wouldn't want him to die...would we??????
Ya I kinda like their sentencing over the pond, 99 years to life would be good, and of course the best medical treatment to make sure he takes full advantage of his new landlords
Old 06-10-2012, 10:54   #98
God Member

Quote:
Actually, he will be in court pretty soon. However, the trial could take 1 to 3 years. And he will be held in a kind of segregation, reserved for high profile prisoners. But, it still isn't a big deal; and the bs he was responsible for in the Land of Uk doesn't mean a hill of beans in the Land of the Free and the Home of Fast Food. However, he will get a fair trial and the best defence Saudi Arabia can buy. You never know, with all the avenues of appeal open to him, he might die before the verdict comes down ... quel dommage, as they say in la belle Province.

And the thing about US jails ... they may be a little harsher than those in the UK, but not by all that much. It's not so much that the jails are harsher ... Hollywood is not reality ... it's more of a case of the inmates being tougher and meaner. But, if he is convicted ... and there is always a chance that his lawyers will get him off ... he probably won't end up in general population. Remember, with good lawyers, you can get away with murder in the US ... O. J. Simpson, eh.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 13:47   #99
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Actually, he will be in court pretty soon. However, the trial could take 1 to 3 years. And he will be held in a kind of segregation, reserved for high profile prisoners. But, it still isn't a big deal; and the bs he was responsible for in the Land of Uk doesn't mean a hill of beans in the Land of the Free and the Home of Fast Food. However, he will get a fair trial and the best defence Saudi Arabia can buy. You never know, with all the avenues of appeal open to him, he might die before the verdict comes down ... quel dommage, as they say in la belle Province.

And the thing about US jails ... they may be a little harsher than those in the UK, but not by all that much. It's not so much that the jails are harsher ... Hollywood is not reality ... it's more of a case of the inmates being tougher and meaner. But, if he is convicted ... and there is always a chance that his lawyers will get him off ... he probably won't end up in general population. Remember, with good lawyers, you can get away with murder in the US ... O. J. Simpson, eh.
Ya Eric but O J wasn't on his knees 5 times a day facing the east
Old 06-10-2012, 15:03   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya Eric but O J wasn't on his knees 5 times a day facing the east
If Abu Hamza does get pen time in general populaion, he'll be on his knees at least 5 times a day ... facing east, west, north, south.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 18:53   #101
Beacon of light

I hope it hurts....a lot!
Old 06-10-2012, 19:22   #102
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
His taxi turned up at 7.15pm. You would think the BBC would have a live hook up to the airfield
The BBC are too busy covering up the tracks of their past sinners: namely Jimmy Saville, John Peel and Gary Glitter. Seems like 'Top Of The Pops' was nothing more than a seedbed of debauchery!

Last edited by Stumped; 06-10-2012 at 19:31.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 19:26   #103
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
The BBC are too busy covering up the tracks of their past sinners: namely Jimmy Saville, Jophn Peel and Gary Glitter. Seems like 'Top Of The Pops' was nothing more than a seedbed of debauchery!
Where did that come from? The old Beeb is wonderful I would never miss any of their pause for thought moments on radio 2.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 21:51   #104

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

UK Prime Minister David Cameron said: "I'm absolutely delighted that Abu Hamza is now out of this country.

"Like the rest of the public I'm sick to the back teeth of people who come here, threaten our country, who stay at vast expense to the taxpayer and we can't get rid of them."

Erm ...European Convention.....*cough* referendum on the EU Dave?
Old 06-10-2012, 22:16   #105
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
UK Prime Minister David Cameron said: "I'm absolutely delighted that Abu Hamza is now out of this country.

"Like the rest of the public I'm sick to the back teeth of people who come here, threaten our country, who stay at vast expense to the taxpayer and we can't get rid of them."
Proper man of the people eh ? Just a regular Joe !

When it suits !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..