Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 22:45   #106

Re: Abu Hamza extradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Absolutely he must be fit and we'll right up to the moment they strap him into Old Sparkie.
Hard luck - we insisted we would only send him across there if he didn't face the death penalty.

I take it everyone else is like me - my heart isn't bleeding yet
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-10-2012, 17:26   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
Hard luck - we insisted we would only send him across there if he didn't face the death penalty.

I take it everyone else is like me - my heart isn't bleeding yet
The guy is what? ... in his mid-fifties; and possibly not in the best of health. He will die in prison. So; no problemo. And the UK ain't the only country in the world that won't send criminals to the US if they will face the death penalty; Canada is another. Yanks have no problem with that; they just dish out a 99 year sentence, or a bunch of them running consec.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 17:39   #108
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Where did that come from? The old Beeb is wonderful I would never miss any of their pause for thought moments on radio 2.
Goodonya, Less.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 11:13   #109
God Member

well regardless of if he gets executed or not in the USA one thing for sure is those hooks will come in handy when tossing big bubba's salad.He will be crying to be back in the country he hates so much within a day.I hope he takes out his other eye wiping away his tears

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 21:57   #110

Good riddance I say.
Marl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 22:24   #111
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marl View Post
Good riddance I say.
Hells bells yeh worried me wi posting on here Marl...................I thought we'd got him back.
Old 24-10-2012, 22:57   #112
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marl View Post
Good riddance I say.
Should've taken Cook with him.
Old 20-05-2014, 07:28   #113
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well the evil gits got life and found guilty in the USA, its truly pathetic to me,the fact that WE never put this guy on trial,This piece of crap shoulda been tried here. But at least he will no doubt die in prison in the states, wheras here he woulda probably been in an open prison after a few years,prior to release.
Old 20-05-2014, 08:46   #114
Full Member+

Look on the bright side, it saved us millions of tax payers money and the US prison system means he'll have a life like dog muck and he'll probably never get out, unlike our softly, softly system. Good riddance.
Old 20-05-2014, 08:53   #115
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Look on the bright side, it saved us millions of tax payers money and the US prison system means he'll have a life like dog muck and he'll probably never get out, unlike our softly, softly system. Good riddance.
Oh no argument yon, its just the fact our justice system is pathetic bugs me.
Old 20-05-2014, 08:57   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well the evil gits got life and found guilty in the USA, its truly pathetic to me,the fact that WE never put this guy on trial,This piece of crap shoulda been tried here. But at least he will no doubt die in prison in the states, wheras here he woulda probably been in an open prison after a few years,prior to release.
IMHO,the nasty bar-steward shoulda got the chair C (I wonder if they would of if he had refused to help American secret services).
The world's biggest terrorist group finds someone else guilty of supporting terrorism (hmm) The country that started a regime which has killed thousands of Iraqis children and continues to terrorise the world an gets away with it calling folk terrorists ( a little hypocritical)

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 09:11   #117
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
IMHO,the nasty bar-steward shoulda got the chair C (I wonder if they would of if he had refused to help American secret services).
The world's biggest terrorist group finds someone else guilty of supporting terrorism (hmm) The country that started a regime which has killed thousands of Iraqis children and continues to terrorise the world an gets away with it calling folk terrorists ( a little hypocritical)
IMHO, tis even more hypocritcal concerning yerself about the yanks, the point is hes been brought to book, simple as.
Old 20-05-2014, 10:02   #118
Senior Member+

Quote:
hes been brought to book
I'm glad we can agree on something

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 10:16   #119
Beacon of light

The Yanks don't wazz about. They don't get all liberal and 'hug a hoodie' with people they find to be criminals...their prison system will not featherbed this abomination of humanity.
He won't die...but there will be times(I'm sure) when he might wish he had.
I hope he has a long and interesting life in the supermax jail.

He called Britain 'a toilet'...but he was happy to live here. So happy that he fought tooth and hook to stay his extradition.
Why might that have been do you think?
Well, because he had a right cushy number here whether he was in jail or at home.
He treated his adopted country with disdain....if Britain was a toilet, it is because people like him come and defecate on the country they chose.
lindashanks2 and westendlass like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 20-05-2014 at 10:20.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 11:08   #120

Quote:
...its truly pathetic to me,the fact that WE never put this guy on trial,This piece of crap shoulda been tried here...
He was arrested at the end of August 2004, and in early February 2006 was found guilty of eleven out of fifteen charges relating to inciting racial hatred, inciting murder and inciting terrorism.

Quote:
...he will no doubt die in prison in the states, wheras here he woulda probably been in an open prison after a few years,prior to release.
He got sentenced to seven years here. Personally, I think we did it right. Let him rot* in an American prison (so they foot the bill), but at least make him spend some time inside in this country to show the country isn't completely overrun.

* bearing in mind that at the time of the decision, the authorities probably knew he was going to be extradited when his sentence was complete, but extradition did not necessarily guarantee a conviction.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..