Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2018, 09:14   #1

Accrington Arndale turning off customers

I am aware of a few incidents of £100 fines being issued by a strict parking enforcement scheme at the Arndale car park. One such event was when someone parked on a sparsely occupied top floor well away from the few cars on that floor and overlapped a line (they had two under 3s and a pram, to get out) the lines are very well worn and hard to distinguish in the poorly lit areas, He was fined £100.

Other events are people being fined £100 for returning within 1.5 hours on this occasion someone had an eye test and returned when the glasses were ready and just breached 1.5 hour limit.

The rules appear to be so strict I must say I would think twice about visiting those shops for fear of inadvertently breaking the small print regulations.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-07-2018, 09:45   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Accrington Arndale turning off customers

Unfortunately, someone has got to pay for what used to be Accringtons famous 'free parking'!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:09   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I was done about 18 yrs ago after i returned from living abroad, i always knew it was free parking on arndale, so i parked, was less than 1 hour, they were just writing the ticket out when i returned, so i explained my circs i wasn't aware you needed to use a disc when parking, made no difference, they said and i was done, i forgot now how much but it was late one friday afternoon i was returning to Spain the following day to sell my business yon, But thing was you pay double if yeh dont pay it within a certain time, the town hall i nipped but was too late, luckily i went to my late wifes sister gave her the cash and she paid it for me on the Monday, but since then i very rarely go accy in the car, in fact these days i rarely go accy centre.
Old 07-07-2018, 15:21   #4
God Member

[QUOTE=widnes viking;1214769 the lines are very well worn and hard to distinguish in the poorly lit areas, .

thats the most important thing. do not go into accrington much apart from matchdays but i had to move mine as i could only see the lines once i got out of the car.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 13:31   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

The parking restrictions started with those discs years ago to stop people working in town parking on the lower levels all day making shoppers have to drive around looking for spaces. I think the top 2 levels were all day parking still then. If there was no restriction at all the car park would again be used by people working in the town centre area and shoppers would be moaning they couldn't park. It's a no win situation for the Arndale
Old 11-07-2018, 14:49   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The parking restrictions started with those discs years ago to stop people working in town parking on the lower levels all day making shoppers have to drive around looking for spaces. I think the top 2 levels were all day parking still then. If there was no restriction at all the car park would again be used by people working in the town centre area and shoppers would be moaning they couldn't park. It's a no win situation for the Arndale
Thats just an excuse for the senseless sods that run it. all those years ago twas late afternoon when i parked yon.
Old 03-08-2018, 17:49   #7
Junior Member+

There's little reason to use the parking, the town centre is hollow. Collecting parcels from the sorting office and an occasional visit to Wilko's is the only use I've had for it in the last 10 years. They'd be better off using the top floors for market stalls.. Now there's an idea.
Chris Cross is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..