Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2019, 20:39   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Accrington is 8th

And you think that Accrington is the only place that this is happening?
There is crime happening in many small towns and villages.
Maybe you will come back with it being down to cuts in services....but much of it is down to how lacking some people are in moral fibre and ethics.
They see something, they want it(but don't want to work for it) so they steal.
People get hooked on drugs....cannot fund their habit, so steal in order to pay for their jollies.
There is no respect for people or their property....and that must have something to do with how parents instil values (or don't instil values) in their children.
Pull your head in and start looking around at other places!
cashman and hilleluk like this.
Old 12-01-2019, 14:09   #32
Junior Member+

I live in Accrington, and this forum is for content relevant to its community Margaret. The wide range of recent cuts in public services are all contributory factors, but its policing and the judiciary that deal with violent crime. Whatever your stance you'll likely be seeing its effects more if the Government succeed in passing this Bill: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46847162

As for telling me to pull my head in.. Sorry I don't take requests from Party drum bangers.
Chris Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 14:51   #33
Beacon of light

I am not a party drum banger.(I have no political affiliation)

I live in this area too and have lived here for all of my life. There are better places to live...but there are also worse places to live.(you only have to read of the gang warfare in areas of London to see that)

I think most of us who post on here are capable of reading about the sad and bad things that happen in our locality without your links.

Yes of course service cuts are a contributory factor....as are the lax judicial responses.

It is not something that has a single causal factor...there are many societal factors involved and addressing one without doing anything about the others is where actions fail.

I know about this bill....and yes, of course this is going to have an effect....the whole issues of how offenders are dealt with needs a radical overhaul.
I cannot see it happening.( the overhaul that is...the government bill will, I am sure, go ahead)

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-01-2019 at 14:53.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accrington, crime, violence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..