Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2021, 12:32   #31

Re: Accrington Web

Yes, Margaret - they became so familiar that it felt like the loss of a family member when they passed away. People that you have already mentioned - Susie123, such a brave woman who continued posting right up to the end sharing her journey with us - but never complaining, Jaysay - a real card, always interesting, and of course dear Mick, and the others who we had to say goodbye to.

I, too, wonder what happened to people like Eric - at one time a prolific contributor, who took a break and then never returned. Where is Garinda these days? So many people we got to know, exchanging views with, agreeing with, disagreeing with, having a laugh, good debates.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2021, 14:41   #32
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
take yer time wi them daisies margaret im trying me best too.
I hope we are all a long time above the sod.....I like daisies, but in a chain.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2021, 14:43   #33
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Yes, Margaret - they became so familiar that it felt like the loss of a family member when they passed away. People that you have already mentioned - Susie123, such a brave woman who continued posting right up to the end sharing her journey with us - but never complaining, Jaysay - a real card, always interesting, and of course dear Mick, and the others who we had to say goodbye to.

I, too, wonder what happened to people like Eric - at one time a prolific contributor, who took a break and then never returned. Where is Garinda these days? So many people we got to know, exchanging views with, agreeing with, disagreeing with, having a laugh, good debates.
That is so true.
Accyweb has always felt like a family...and like families there are ups and downs,
disagreements....but it does not mean that there is any long term grudges.
That is how it should be.
cashman, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 30-04-2021, 15:03   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i have to agree accyweb is the best site i ever was on imho.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 30-04-2021, 17:06   #35
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
to be facetious,(I had to look in my Oxford senior dictionary for that word),

Did that come with a phrasebook filled with those immortais such as :-

"Eh?", "Wheres me teeth", "Eeh me lumbago's geein' me gyp!" & the all time classic "Has thee seen me cream, me grapes is playing up summat fierce!"

dotti34 and taddy like this.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:52   #36

I wonder where Boeing Guy is these days - he used to make some really good and very interesting comments. Jim Proctor as well, turned out his grandmother married my husband's great-grandfather - second marriages, and Jim had lived in the same house with them. He was able to send me photos and lots of information. It was only through my membership on this forum that I 'met' Jim and got this information. My husband hadn't known any of it before.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:38   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i have to agree accyweb is the best site i ever was on imho.
agree. apart from yourself and a couple of others who post about Stanley i do not know or have ever met another poster. having said that i do feel as if i know them. its more like a family than some sites are. in this way small numbers make it better.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:06   #38
Beacon of light

I also miss Garinda...his blogs were just a joy to read...oh yes and on the subject of blogs Lettie caused me to have a very damp gusset with her stories of her sorting out her bkini line before a holiday...and the Tale of Sparkologist(her beloved) a bowel movement and a knife....in a rented apartment in Malta(I think).
Those episodes are definitely worth seeking out and having a read...especially if you need a smile on your mush.....but be aware Tena pads might be needed.

More please! I really do miss reading about other folks adventures.

Heth...where did Heth go?
The last I heard of Heth was that she was expecting a 'nappy event'...goodness that child could be at school by now.
lettie likes this.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:22   #39
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
agree. apart from yourself and a couple of others who post about Stanley i do not know or have ever met another poster.

Mate I have & you should thank your lucky stars for that!
cashman and taddy like this.
Old 01-05-2021, 22:34   #41

Oh, that is so sad. He was like a breath of fresh wind with some of his comments, I really am sorry to hear this.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:53   #42
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Awww, Margaret... I always loved reading the blogs too. I used to laugh out loud at yours and Garinda's :-)

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:25   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
Dotti was asking about Eric,sadly Eric died about 3 years ago.
very sad to hear eric aint with us always wondered where he was.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:25   #44
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
Dotti was asking about Eric,sadly Eric died about 3 years ago.
I thought he might have left us as he used to write to me and tell me of the pets....and the stray animals that he used to feed and look after.
All that stopped just before I lost Ma.
Rest in Peace Eric....the fur people will have missed your kindness.
cashman likes this.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:32   #45
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
Awww, Margaret... I always loved reading the blogs too. I used to laugh out loud at yours and Garinda's :-)
Thank you Lettie...your own blogs were a delight to read too.
It was lovely to hear the stories...past and present, of other members.
Often it would loosen the memory stones in the brains of others....and it was every bit as good as getting a book out of the library.
The sharing of life events too.
Like Mez and her sad loss of her grandson Dan....those things made you look at what you considered to be your ‘trials’ and these were really put into perspective.

These days, there is only me and Dotti’s who participate in writing blogs....but we do get comments.
I would love to see more people writing about their past, their memories...but everyone seems too busy.

I do not write anywhere near as much.
Ma is no longer here, so less funny stories from that quarter....and the current situation has meant not even a bus ride.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..